Perception of Mormanism as a "kooky" faith

All religions are ‘kooky,’ to single-out the LDS is inappropriate and discriminatory.

From an atheists point of view that is true.

But from a Bible believing Christians point of view.

Mormonism is beyond kooky; it is just a weird cult. :cuckoo:

Agree. I know some Mormons pretty well and they really do have some freaky beliefs. Read The Book of Mormon and the Doctrine & Covenants, both written by Joseph Smith and neither makes much sense. Also, The Mormon Murders and History of the Church.

The Adam/God Doctrine, all the secret signs, handshakes*, and passwords which are necessary to reach the highest level of heaven (where you too may become a "god" in your own right--oth*erwise known as "eternal progressio*n"), magic underwear (known as generally as "garments" but officially as "the Garment of the Holy Priesthood*"),

Jesus born of a "physical" relationsh*ip between Mary and God (ie. NO virgin birt*h);

Jesus was married and had kids (no where is this evident in the Bible);

blood atonement (basically this dates from early church teachings that say that if you commit "murder", then Christ's atonement on the cross is not sufficient to "cover" this... that you need to have your "own" blood shed before it is possible for you to be "forgiven" and go to heaven), plural marriage (polygamy), which is why three generations of Romney's lived in Mexico and why some of them are still there - including a sister of Mittens'* And what about the money Mitt sends to the polygamists in Mexico?

They believe Negroes to be inferior and that even one drop of Negro blood prevented a person from entering their priesthood*. They consider the Bible to be untrustwor*thy and full of errors and that Jesus' death on the cross only partially saves the believer.

If you want to get freaked out, read their beliefs and rituals concerning the dead.

I could go on and on - this is one really crazy cult. But, not to worry, Mitt doesn't have a chance.

(President Obama is Baptist. He was baptized in a Christian church, married in a Christian church and had his two daughters baptized in a Christian church)

What is Obamas religion?

I sincerely don't know.

It shouldn't be important. He is the president, not the pope. None of his duties require any expertise of religious doctrine, it is merely something that calms the minds of millions of misguided americans who need to see themselves in their leader.

All religions are ‘kooky,’ to single-out the LDS is inappropriate and discriminatory.

Agree. I know some Mormons pretty well and they really do have some freaky beliefs. Read The Book of Mormon and the Doctrine & Covenants, both written by Joseph Smith and neither makes much sense. Also, The Mormon Murders and History of the Church.

The Adam/God Doctrine, all the secret signs, handshakes*, and passwords which are necessary to reach the highest level of heaven (where you too may become a "god" in your own right--oth*erwise known as "eternal progressio*n"), magic underwear (known as generally as "garments" but officially as "the Garment of the Holy Priesthood*"),

Jesus born of a "physical" relationsh*ip between Mary and God (ie. NO virgin birt*h);

Jesus was married and had kids (no where is this evident in the Bible);

blood atonement (basically this dates from early church teachings that say that if you commit "murder", then Christ's atonement on the cross is not sufficient to "cover" this... that you need to have your "own" blood shed before it is possible for you to be "forgiven" and go to heaven), plural marriage (polygamy), which is why three generations of Romney's lived in Mexico and why some of them are still there - including a sister of Mittens'* And what about the money Mitt sends to the polygamists in Mexico?

They believe Negroes to be inferior and that even one drop of Negro blood prevented a person from entering their priesthood*. They consider the Bible to be untrustwor*thy and full of errors and that Jesus' death on the cross only partially saves the believer.

If you want to get freaked out, read their beliefs and rituals concerning the dead.

I could go on and on - this is one really crazy cult. But, not to worry, Mitt doesn't have a chance.

(President Obama is Baptist. He was baptized in a Christian church, married in a Christian church and had his two daughters baptized in a Christian church)

I suggest you read the Book of Mormon and D&C and stop pretending you know a thing about Mormons believe.

I suggest you read the Book of Mormon and D&C and stop pretending you know a thing about Mormons believe.

Nonsense he has been programmed all his life to accept the word of living prophets long after the civl rights marches he was still quitely waitng for someone else to tell him he could change his views on blacks to some degree and now in 2011 until some other Mormon prophet tells him so his views on excluding and limiting woman will continue..some kooky Mormon prophet could tell him anything and it would suddenly be truth... that's fine a a businessman and private citizen but not as president

Last edited:
Yeah, that Mitt must have some crazy religion, what with only one marriage under his belt. And for 42 years, no less!

Forty. Two. Years.

Jesus H. Christ and the Latter Day Saints on roller skates, what's wrong with that man?

And the two of them raised FIVE children. Five! Count 'em.

That Mitt is a frickin' weirdo, I tell you. I can see why this new breed of conservatives hates him.
Absolutely!!!!!

You'd think Mormons/Teabaggers/Republicans would be a perfect-fit!!!

Hell......none of 'em like....

I think even Christians can look at things objectively, and admit the Mormons are no more kooky that Christians, Muslims or Jews.

Jesus was married and had kids (no where is this evident in the Bible)
I guess all o' this would be dependent-upon....

"Marcion's heretical teachings destroyed the humanity of Christ and assaulted the Christian Scriptures. Because Marcion interpreted Christianity through the lens of a Gnostic philosophy that saw all created things as evil, he wanted to dismiss anything from the Bible that was concerned with the earthly realm. This caused him to cut from the Bible most of the Old and New Testament birth narratives. In his book Antitheses he made a list of what he saw as contradictions between the Old and New Testaments. He saw the God of the Old Testament as the creator of a miserable world, as the author of evil, and as nothing like the Father of Jesus. Because of his disdain for the material world, Marcion argued that any divine redeemer could not be born of a woman. For this reason, he rejected the story of Jesus' birth."​

Get REAL, Conservatives.

Get....

St. George!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o]George Carlin - Religion is bullshit. - YouTube[/ame]​

Really you want to question the Moron faith when our current president went to an Anti American church for 20 years and said he wasnt aware of the preachers views..

I think even Christians can look at things objectively, and admit the Mormons are no more kooky that Christians, Muslims or Jews.

"objective christians"
You get to read some really crazy bullshit on the forum.
:cuckoo:
The only difference between a religion and a cult is how many years unthinking fools have been led around by the nose by them.

Having said that, Mormonism is indeed a very nutty and dangerous cult/religion. The only reason rw's are holding their nose is that they know they're gonna get stuck with Mittens. They also know that he's going to be a disaster for the US but they can't back down and admit they're wrong about President Obama.

Its fun to watch them wriggle on their own hook but keep the popcorn close at hand because its gonna get a lot better ... And then, President Obama will be elected for a second term. :clap2:

Actually, he did. Catholics have long been considered evil and cultist by evangelicals.

It's the evangelicals who where the kooks - not Catholics.

Aren't some Catholics evangelical?

Fruitcake Santorum comes to mind. I'd bet he's also closet gay. Won't it be fun when he gets caught ... ?

And Catholics are kooks. Indeed, they're among the kookiest. As for "evil" ask any of the untold thousands of boys molested by a priest who, in turn, is protected by his church. Too damn bad the scum Catholics don't care as much about children as they do fetuses. Yes - I'd call that evil.

Have we really turned into a place where Mormonism is kooky, but Santeria is not?

I guess so.

Forum List

Back