Perception is Everything

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
I have noticed this strange fact on here ... so few people have actually traveled. Not talking distance, but actual traveling. Visiting every city in the country and meeting people from all walks of life (of course you have to not be "afraid" or "repulsed" by anyone to do this successfully). Many people think the world is only a quarter of the size it actually is, and oddly that many people have never even met someone outside their own town except online now.

I remember my first BIG road trip (lots of little ones for a couple weeks at a time) but the biggest lasted a year. In a little blue Datson (can't spell) with three people and two cats ... and as much stuff as we could fit of our own. Off we went visiting almost every city as we passed through every western state. Met tons of people, talked to all walks of life. We were in Oregon on the coast when a storm it once, trees were being blown over and we raced the edge of the storm out of there ... watching trees fall like pillars onto the road behind us. Such memories are what life is made up.

Anyone else been on road trips ... recently?

Road trips... shit... I've LIVED from Florida to California and points in between.

Just the southern half or both?

I have lived in one city in almost every state (often more than that) except California and Florida (how odd is that?) ... which I just pass through a lot whenever I do travel. Went to Pheonix again last year by greyhound (THAT'S a blast). Was thinking of staying but ... well ... then I would have had to start all over. Still don't like people who live there much as well. Tucson was my favorite city for the people, but the weather isn't as much to my liking as Seattle. One city that surprised me was Covington Luoisiana ... the people there were so cool, but that was long before the Katrina mess so I don't even know if it's still like that.

Road trips... shit... I've LIVED from Florida to California and points in between.

I have lived in one city in almost every state (often more than that) except California and Florida (how odd is that?) ... which I just pass through a lot whenever I do travel. Went to Pheonix again last year by greyhound (THAT'S a blast). Was thinking of staying but ... well ... then I would have had to start all over. Still don't like people who live there much as well. Tucson was my favorite city for the people, but the weather isn't as much to my liking as Seattle. One city that surprised me was Covington Luoisiana ... the people there were so cool, but that was long before the Katrina mess so I don't even know if it's still like that.

I lived in El Cajon, Cal, and then moved up to Santa Barbara. I lived in Tampa, FL but extensively toured the state, mostly by motorcycle. I lived in Phoenix also, over in Apache Junction first then moved up to Deer Valley. I worked out of Tucson driving semi for DSW, and I've been down to Tombstone to the OK Carrol where the legendary Earps had the shoot out with the Cowboys, and been to up around the Mogian Rim and Flagstaff, and been to the Grand Canyon twice. Lived all around the country in other places including Las Vegas and Reno, NV. Living in Wisconsin now and I've thrown out the anchor. Enough of the DAMN MOVING! It's not for the faint of heart.

I lived in El Cajon, Cal, and then moved up to Santa Barbara. I lived in Tampa, FL but extensively toured the state, mostly by motorcycle. I lived in Phoenix also, over in Apache Junction first then moved up to Deer Valley. I worked out of Tucson driving semi for DSW, and I've been down to Tombstone to the OK Carrol where the legendary Earps had the shoot out with the Cowboys, and been to up around the Mogian Rim and Flagstaff, and been to the Grand Canyon twice. Lived all around the country in other places including Las Vegas and Reno, NV. Living in Wisconsin now and I've thrown out the anchor. Enough of the DAMN MOVING! It's not for the faint of heart.

Tombstone annoyed me, the same way Durango Colorado did, I don't like touristy places. Funny thing, I lived in Arizona for about 5 years total and went everywhere ... except the Grand Canyon ... how odd is that? I finally settled back in Seattle ... decided it's as good as any place really.

Oh, my grand parents use to live in Flagstaff and I use to visit them regularly, until their preachiness got to me.

Nevada never interested me enough to stay more than a few months.

As for moving around ... I will always keep my roots planted in Seattle now, but I won't stop taking bus trips for the hell of it anymore. Meeting all the people and seeing all the sites, I just love it. But I always try to blend in and not look like a tourist whenever possible.

Forum List

Back