People that want to use drugs should wait until they are legal

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
then they can use them all they want.

If they don't - they are breaking the law - and they are crimminals and bad persons.

I will - when people stop minding my business................................

Something is very very wrong with a culture in which so many of its people find life so worthless they have to get high.

So an alcoholic has the right to say, "Look at me!" to his/her children? And this right means what?

Something is very very wrong with a culture in which so many of its people find life so worthless they have to get high.

You are talking about alcohol, correct?

All of it! Alcohol has a much lower rate of addiction than drugs. That's the difference. If you want to use alcohol though, go ahead. If we had a culture in which a significant number of individuals had to get drunk every day there would be the same issues as with a culture in which so many must get high every day. Alcohol is the reason so many Native Americans point to in destroying their communities. Replace alcohol with pot, cocaine, meth, heroin, any drug you can think of. The result is the same.

Alcohol is a drug by any useful definition of term, and highly addictive to some people.
Smoking cigarettes is addictive. There is a drug in tobacco.
Coffee has caffeine. Many people would find mornings without java pretty rough.
Drug laws that are only used to control certain industries or certain groups are hypocritical.
If someone uses a substance and then hurts another, punish the person severely. At the same time, extremely careful judgment must be used in defining 'dangerous substances' that by themselves would be illegal.

Alcohol is a drug by any useful definition of term, and highly addictive to some people.
Smoking cigarettes is addictive. There is a drug in tobacco.
Coffee has caffeine. Many people would find mornings without java pretty rough.
Drug laws that are only used to control certain industries or certain groups are hypocritical.
If someone uses a substance and then hurts another, punish the person severely. At the same time, extremely careful judgment must be used in defining 'dangerous substances' that by themselves would be illegal.

Do people smoke pot and not intend to get high? obama said he didn't the whole point was to get high. Tobacco has no level of impairment at all. So what's your point?

My mom had one of her friends get caught with 2 ounces of pot. He (the guy with the pot) will be jail for 2 years, costing us taxpayers approx. $60,000. 60k for $200 worth of pot, now that's what I call effective.

AS for being a bad person...I guess i'm a bad person. I may donate to charity like 4x the amount of money I spend...elsewhere, but that doesn't matter I guess.

That's quite odd because people caught with small amounts of drugs, including pot get diversion, community service or counseling. When people are sent to prison, it is usually because they have also committed some other crime but in their minds, it was only for drugs.

My mom had one of her friends get caught with 2 ounces of pot. He (the guy with the pot) will be jail for 2 years, costing us taxpayers approx. $60,000. 60k for $200 worth of pot, now that's what I call effective.

AS for being a bad person...I guess i'm a bad person. I may donate to charity like 4x the amount of money I spend...elsewhere, but that doesn't matter I guess.

You forgot to add the revenue he would have gained and taxes, etc., paid.

Much more than $60,000.00.

Repression.

It is so easy for someone who does not have the compulsion to abuse substances, to be judgmental about those who do. You obviously know very little about substance abuse or you would not be making the statement you are making here.

Forum List

Back