People that use illegal drugs are bad persons

I wouldn't call them bad, there are a number of reasons people get addicted to drugs.

Drug dealers on the other hand are bad, disgusting and vile creatures.

I think a person abusing any substance (be it illegal narcotics, medications, alcohol, etc.) is a danger and a burden to society.

I think they are sick. They need treatment but it only works when they want treatment.
The problem with one addict I know (legal drugs prescibed by multiple doctors) is that she didn't want to feel pain. Physical, mental or emotional - it didn't matter. She didn't want to have to deal with pain so she gave up feeling anything. She was finally reported to her doctor and now she is restricted to how much narcotics she can get. One doctor can prescribe for her as long as her name is on the list. That doctor is watched very closely to be sure he is tapering her off the drugs. Once clean she will never be able to get pain killers that are narcotic again. (legally) She wasted her life (now 61) and she has kidney and liver problems that will limit her life. She lost her family, friends and everything she had. I feel sorry for her but it was an illness that only she could fight.

I think a person abusing any substance (be it illegal narcotics, medications, alcohol, etc.) is a danger and a burden to society.

You would be amazed at the number of casual drug abusers that are actually quite functional and are a zero drain on society.

There is nothing inherently bad about drugs. People that want to mess up their life through bad habits such as drugs are free to do so. Fast food should not be illegal and you are not a bad person for eating it yet it is likely just as damaging as pot if not more so. Cigarettes, coffee and a million other things are perfectly acceptable yet they are also drugs. The war on drugs is one of the worst things this nation has subjected on its populous. It is both stupid and counterproductive.

I think they are sick. They need treatment but it only works when they want treatment.
The problem with one addict I know (legal drugs prescibed by multiple doctors) is that she didn't want to feel pain. Physical, mental or emotional - it didn't matter. She didn't want to have to deal with pain so she gave up feeling anything. She was finally reported to her doctor and now she is restricted to how much narcotics she can get. One doctor can prescribe for her as long as her name is on the list. That doctor is watched very closely to be sure he is tapering her off the drugs. Once clean she will never be able to get pain killers that are narcotic again. (legally) She wasted her life (now 61) and she has kidney and liver problems that will limit her life. She lost her family, friends and everything she had. I feel sorry for her but it was an illness that only she could fight.

She'll probably start guzzling booze.

vs the majority of people who dont use illegal drugs.

come on.. never minds squaresville...take a hit and blast off to hipsville...all the gang is doing it

To eots:

If I am not mistaken, Guy Fawkes Day is November fifth.

"Please to remember the Fifth of November;
Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot."

Hell, light a bonfire and throw a party on both nights!

NOOO, they're not. They are people who need a crutch to make it through. We are including alcohol dependence, here? If people use mind altering and central nervous system stimulants recreationally, then that just makes them "your average" person. Prescription meds., notwithstanding...

come on.. never minds squaresville...take a hit and blast off to hipsville...all the gang is doing it

To eots:

If I am not mistaken, Guy Fawkes Day is November fifth.

"Please to remember the Fifth of November;
Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot."

Hell, light a bonfire and throw a party on both nights!

guy, guy, Poke him in the eye, Put him on the fire And there let him die....

Forum List

Back