People that Abandon their Pets

Yes Pick up a stray.
I hate shooting them for chasing my cows.

I will never abandon a pet, I will however shoot one if the situation warrants.

What a dick. :evil:

Depends.

I've lived in the country most of my life. People dump cats and dogs out there because they think animals can automatically adjust and live free. Apparently, it doesn't connect with these people that animals have to learn survival skills and while it may come somewhat easier to them than a human, de-clawed cats don't do well. :doubt:

In any case, would it be better for citizen to shoot a stray dog chasing his cows and said dog is not forced to go through starvation, being kicked by a cow and suffer or being hit by a car and suffer with no one to care for it? Or being torn apart by coyotes (very prevalent in my area)? The raccoons around here get pretty big and I've seen them take on some good-sized dogs. A smaller dog would have no chance against them.

The reality is that the world is not a nice place for dumped animals, even though there are many very good people who take them in. Not all of them find good homes and sometimes a quick death is their best option. Not that I would sanction merely using them as target practice for a bad shot.

Yup. Sometimes the humane thing to do is also the hardest thing to do. :(

Yup. Sometimes the humane thing to do is also the hardest thing to do. :(

Indeed. And people never dump "fixed" animals - it's Murphy's Law or something.

So remember ...

please_spay_neuter_your_pets_bumper_sticker-p128546443914056219trl0_400.jpg

:D

All four of my furbabies are rescues.

Bootwo - our little orange tabby - was hanging out at my husbands job. The girls in the office had been feeding him but he was a pitiful little thing. My husband calls me, says come see if I want him, the minute I picked him up and he put those little paws around my neck and tucked that little head under my chin I was lost. He's been with us going on 10 years now.

Shovelhead - our Maine Coon - was rescued out of a house with 40 other cats. Lived the first 8 months of his life in a filthy tiny cat carrier. We got him from a foster home. This girl had other cats in the house roaming freely but this poor baby was locked upstairs all alone in a tiny bathroom. He was curled up in the sink when we went in to see him. Took us 3 weeks before he would come out from under the bed except at night when we were in bed. He's been with us going on 10 years now.

Knucklehead - My number 1 mutant - part lab, part pit, part traveling salesman - was hanging out at the DMV. The ladies were getting ready to take him to the shelter that afternoon. He bonded with my husband and when we got ready to leave he hopped up in the truck like he'd been doing it all his life. He's been with us going on 4 years.

Harley D - My number 2 mutant - part collie, part shepard - Just walked up out of the woods one day. My husband opened the gate and let him in (against my better judgement) and he's been with us ever since. Of course I did all the right things....posters on poles, at the local stores, etc etc. but after 10 days and no one called to claim him he was officially HOME. He's been with us almost 3 years now.

Add them to all the critters that we put food out for on a regular basis, bird food, corn on the cob, apples, etc for the squirrels, deer corn and a mixture we get from our local feed store for the deer......well you get the idea. I would take in every single stray around if I could. I do sponsor dogs and cats at the local shelter on a regular basis and have actually fostered a couple of cats. I can't do that anymore....to hard to let them go.

People that abandon pets are at the top of the lowlife pile.

And a side note to toot my own horn a friend of mine recently got a kitten for her children but due to an allergic reaction she has to give it up and was upset she couldnt find anybody to take it so she was going to start looking for a no kill shelter so Mister Softee (me) volunteered to take the kitten from her, I get it this saturday.:eusa_angel:

Introducing Fritz the cat!!!

fritz.jpg

He is gray and white, couldnt get a good picture of him as whenever I try to get one in good light he runs away.

And a side note to toot my own horn a friend of mine recently got a kitten for her children but due to an allergic reaction she has to give it up and was upset she couldnt find anybody to take it so she was going to start looking for a no kill shelter so Mister Softee (me) volunteered to take the kitten from her, I get it this saturday.:eusa_angel:

fritz.jpg

He is gray and white, couldnt get a good picture of him as whenever I try to get one in good light he runs away.

Such a cutie :) Why 'Fritz'? :D

fritz.jpg

Such a cutie :) Why 'Fritz'? :D

I put a picture of the cartoon character Fritz the cat in the usmb members as cartoon characters thread and thinking it over I thought it would be a cool name for this kitten.

Meet Dudley. When we went on vacation over the Thanksgiving holiday, we boarded our two beagles, Nellie and Jingles with our vet. While we were gone our local Animal Control picked up this stray beagle and placed him with our vet. The vet contacted us and told us about him so when we got home from vacation and went to pick up our two dogs we gave this one a home too. He didn't have an official name so I decided we would name him Dudley. What's one more mouth to feed? We used to have a kennel and had 45 adult beagles so just having 3 beagles is like nothing at all. He's a sweet boy and loves attention. He is also fond of ham and chicken lunch meat! He's a few pounds underweight but Mrs. BBD will take care of that problem fairly quickly. He's a very good boy. We had the vet give him all of his shots, chip him for future identification and neuter him. He's settled into our home real easily. Of course, with all the ways Mrs. BBD has been spoiling him, who wouldn't? How can you not love a beagle?

big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture1050-dudley1.jpg

Last edited:
Meet Dudley. When we went on vacation over the Thanksgiving holiday, we boarded our two beagles, Nellie and Jingles with our vet. While we were gone our local Animal Control picked up this stray beagle and placed him with our vet. The vet contacted us and told us about him so when we got home from vacation and went to pick up our two dogs we gave this one a home too. He didn't have an official name so I decided we would name him Dudley. What's one more mouth to feed? We used to have a kennel and had 45 adult beagles so just having 3 beagles is like nothing at all. He's a sweet boy and loves attention. He is also fond of ham and chicken lunch meat! He's a few pounds underweight but Mrs. BBD will take care of that problem fairly quickly. He's a very good boy. We had the vet give him all of his shots, chip him for future identification and neuter him. He's settled into our home real easily. Of course, with all the ways Mrs. BBD has been spoiling him, who wouldn't? How can you not love a beagle?

big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture1050-dudley1.jpg

Cute dog, if I lived in the country instead of an apartment in the city I would have a few dogs myself.

We have a Beagle. They're the best.

The animal shelter in my county will not accept cats.

The benefit of living in a Red county I suppose.
You're a fucking idiot!

Shut the fuck up!

NO.

so I shoot the strays that come around.
Like I said, you're a fucking idiot!

And who the fuck are you to be shooting stray cats?

Your stupid ass should be brought up on animal cruelty charges, you piece of shit!

Also, what state and county do you live in?

We can easily verify if you're telling the truth.

You're a fucking idiot!

Shut the fuck up!

NO.

Your stupid ass should be brought up on animal cruelty charges, you piece of shit!

I am fully within my legal boundaries in killing the stray cats.

Accused me of running away on from this thread on another thread did you?

Well I will have you know there are plenty more idiots on here besides you that need my guidance. Quit being so selfish.

NO.

Well I will have you know there are plenty more idiots on here besides you that need my guidance. Quit being so selfish.
You're too fucking stupid to know the law, ya' lil' coward.

Now, what state and county do you live in?

We'll easily verify your story.

fritz.jpg

a funny story, my little friend in the picture is fascinated with the water in the bathroom, i turn on the faucet or flush the toilet he comes running in to watch, I was taking a leak and he comes running in to see whats up and splash!!! pee right on his head, luckily I have some pet shampoo so I was able to give his head a good washing, he didnt like that much.

fritz.jpg

a funny story, my little friend in the picture is fascinated with the water in the bathroom, i turn on the faucet or flush the toilet he comes running in to watch, I was taking a leak and he comes running in to see whats up and splash!!! pee right on his head, luckily I have some pet shampoo so I was able to give his head a good washing, he didnt like that much.

Thats' funny!

LOL, you are fracking crazy if you think I am going to give any personal information to an obvious net nut. Heck I do not give that out to people I seem to trust on the net.

We have one animal control officer and he is a friend of mine. Also I used to be in local Law enforcement.

LOL, you are fracking crazy if you think I am going to give any personal information to an obvious net nut. Heck I do not give that out to people I seem to trust on the net.

We have one animal control officer and he is a friend of mine. Also I used to be in local Law enforcement.
Just what I thought. You're full of shit!

I live in Cali, Ventura county. Run with it, and find me.

Fact is, you won't give your state and county because you know damn good and well you're fucking lying your ass off

Just what I thought. You're full of shit!

I live in Cali, Ventura county. Run with it, and find me.

Fact is, you won't give your state and county because you know damn good and well you're fucking lying your ass off

Excitable little prick aren't ya?

I am in KY. that is as close as i get to ya.

CA huh? figures.

and btw you don't want me shooting at ya. I seldom miss, part of my military traing and country boy raising.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back