People that Abandon their Pets

Neser Boha

upgrade your gray matter
Mar 4, 2009
Nordic Bayou
I just read a friend's livejournal entry about a dog being abandoned by her friend's roommate .... she posted the dogs pictures in an effort to try to find a new home for the poor dog.

After seeing the dog's sad eyes in those pictures, I started crying like a baby ... I simply can't comprehend why would anyone abandon their pet. Did they ever love the dog? IF so, how could they just walk away from it?

To me, abandoning one's pet is tantamount to abandoning one's child.

</emotional rant>

:frown:

Here's the abandoned little thing that now calls Atlanta's Humane Society its home... her name is Ruby

Ruby1.jpg

Last edited:
I just read a friend's livejournal entry about a dog being abandoned by her friend's roommate .... she posted the dogs pictures in an effort to try to find a new home for the poor dog.

After seeing the dog's sad eyes in those pictures, I started crying like a baby ... I simply can't comprehend why would anyone abandon their pet. Did they ever love the dog? IF so, how could they just walk away from it?

</emotional rant>

Here's the abandoned little thing that now calls Atlanta's Humane Society its home... her name is Ruby

Ruby1.jpg

She can't figure out why either. Poor Pup.

</emotional rant>

Ruby1.jpg

are you gonna take the dog, some laotian down the road might want it

</emotional rant>

Ruby1.jpg

:(

Maybe Radioman will take her, he lives in Atlanta!

That's why we get all our pets at shelters, I recommend everyone do the same when you're ready for a new pet.

Abandoning pets is pretty darned uncaring.

If my dog suddenly went nuts and started biting ppl or pooping on the carpet I may have it put down. Dumping it on the street isn't the answer.

Whoever thinks about dating this person who did the abandoning should take this into consideration.

And they should think twice before adopting a pit mix if they aren't up on their dog skills.

We lived in the country for 15 years and folks were constantly dumping cats and dogs along our road. Can't remember all the pets we took in, litters of critters born and raised and given away to what we hoped were "good homes". Those we kept we sent to the vet to get clipped. We were hip. Now we live in the city, have one kitty, and a dog that eats like a hog.

People who abandon their pets deserve very little respect from me.

More like the Scorn the slimers deserve.

I would never trust one not to abandon me as well.

Last edited:
My insane Parson Russell Terrorist came from the humane society.

As have most of my dogs, come to think of it.

people who abandon their pets should get the same treatment they showed their animal. I had to stop watching Animal Cops because I would spend the whole show crying and yelling at the tv.

</emotional rant>

Ruby1.jpg

This is a conversation? People who abandon pets suck. But why are you surprised? How many fuckwits don't pay child support? If they can abandon their own children, whats a kitty to them?

Dirtbags.:evil:

We adopted an abandoned dog.

I wanted to make a stew, but my wife stopped me.

The dog has been a good freind ever since.

Still, every now and then I look at her thighs and dream of what might have been with a dash of cayenne pepper.

That's why we get all our pets at shelters, I recommend everyone do the same when you're ready for a new pet.
We get all ours off the streets; abandoned strays.
Fleas, tapeworms, starvation and worse face abandoned pets.
I read that if 10% of the pet owners who purchase from pet stores would adopt strays the shelters would never be forced to put an animal down.
Something to think about.

Oh my God! We have something that liberals and conservatives agree on.

People who abandon their pets are scum.

A couple of weeks ago I was over at the MSPCA with my family.
It was VERY depressing.

All kennels and cages for both cats and dogs alike, were full. Of course, what kittens they had were just as happy to be bouncing and running around at the MSPCA then they would be at someone's home, but the older cats .... it was just so frigin' sad to see them. I'm not a huge dog lover, but it was equally sad to see them. Each animal just looked at me as if saying ... please take me home.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
:sad:

Many of the signs we read, spoke of how the owners lost their jobs and couldn't afford to keep their pet any longer.

A sign of the times.

</emotional rant>

Ruby1.jpg

:(

Maybe Radioman will take her, he lives in Atlanta!

Exactly ... if any of you are thinking of getting a pet for your children or yourself this Christmas, do visit your local shelters, humane society, etc. and you're guaranteed to find the perfect furry little friend.

Yes Pick up a stray.
I hate shooting them for chasing my cows.

I will never abandon a pet, I will however shoot one if the situation warrants.

</emotional rant>

Ruby1.jpg

This is a conversation? People who abandon pets suck. But why are you surprised? How many fuckwits don't pay child support? If they can abandon their own children, whats a kitty to them?

Dirtbags.:evil:

I am not surprised, I am heartbroken. I know it's happening all the time and everywhere. And it's so goddamn sad. :(

Horrible.

When my wife and I were in Dallas during Katrina, I recall we talked with several shelters over ran because of abandoned cajun pets. When we went back in, the abandoned pets were an epidemic.

I just don't understand. When Katrina came Priority One was my wife, Priority Two was the cat. I wasn't leaving without both. Now I have a son and two cats. If I have to get out of town, everyone comes. No one is getting left behind.

I can understand that you might have to have your pet live outside. My Katrina survivor cat had to spend a month outside due to litter box issues until he could re learn living indoors. I just can't understand dumping your pet.

5300_1105780566472_1285511366_30256180_6071750_s.jpg

Forum List

Back