People Support Higher Taxes to Reduce the Deficit by a 2-to-1 Margin

Someone needs to tell 67% of the public then that they can send the IRS as much as they'd like. Leave the other third of us alone.
Fucking idiots.
Huh? 67 percent??? Are you saying that is who doesn't pay taxes?

And who are the rest of us? If you are "the rest of us" you are benefiting from living here.

I mean, seriously.

People are giving up their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan and you can't give up Dunkin Donuts?

What the hell happened to America?

It appears that Republicans have walked away from a historic opportunity to reduce the deficit because of their obsessive insistance that not one penny come from higher revenues. Recent polls, however, suggest that the American people are not so obstinate and are more than willing to accept some increase in taxes to reduce the deficit. There is a high degree of consistency in every poll I could find on this topic. ...
To see the polls, click the link.

People Support Higher Taxes to Reduce the Deficit by a 2-to-1 Margin | Capital Gains and Games

And from Quinnipiac

Voters will blame Republicans over Obama 48 - 34 percent if the debt limit is not raised;
National (US) Poll * July 14, 2011 * President Is Best Of The Worst - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

When did you start posting blatantly partisan links?

Those polls show that people are willing to accept higher taxes as a part of reducing the deficit. They also show that people want that deficit reduction to be mostly about cutting spending, and that only 20% or so actually support using only taxes to reduce the deficit. Why does your site fail to mention any of that?

Someone needs to tell 67% of the public then that they can send the IRS as much as they'd like. Leave the other third of us alone.
Fucking idiots.

And who are the rest of us? If you are "the rest of us" you are benefiting from living here.

2-to-1 margin (2 out of 3) is (67%) want higher taxes according to the OP. Go ahead and send in your money.
I'd like to see a budget on how they are using my minimum 40% already.

well hell ya, we should give up our starbucks and Donuts while our MASTERs on the hill have to give UP NOTHING.

jeee whizz

Fucking idiots.

2-to-1 margin (2 out of 3) is (67%) want higher taxes according to the OP. Go ahead and send in your money.
I'd like to see a budget on how they are using my minimum 40% already.
So you think those people are lying, huh?

I'm not so sure. America has faced hard times before and it would sadden me to learn we were all a bunch of selfish pricks (excuse my French).

Anyone who supports higher taxes on anyone right now is an idiot.....And you can tell them I said so.
I'm here 24/7 if anyone has a problem with that.

No I'm just saying if you do not think you are paying enough to the Federal Government, I'm sure they take donations.

Anyone who supports higher taxes on anyone right now is an idiot.....And you can tell them I said so.
I'm here 24/7 if anyone has a problem with that.
I must be an idiot, because I think those of us that earn income can give some of it back.

Maybe instead of raising taxes, we should start collecting taxes from the nearly 50% of people who pay no taxes at all. That would be a good start on the problem.

Except the deficit will not be reduced by higher taxes. Government will simply expand to use the new dollars. This is why reducing programs first is so important.

Last edited:
No I'm just saying if you do not think you are paying enough to the Federal Government, I'm sure they take donations.
They probably do, but the sad part is that no matter how high my salary is it cannot cure the debt crisis. If it could, I would gladly donate it.

Any Lib here who feels that they are not taxed enough please feel free the next time you file your taxes to give more of your hard earned income to the government.Me I feel that I pay enough between Federal
State and City,Fica,NY sales tax....Enough already.

well hell ya, we should give up our starbucks and Donuts while our MASTERs on the hill have to give UP NOTHING.

jeee whizz
:lol:

Stuphanie, you could not give up your McD's big fat big mac for 24 hours.

You are so charitable, donate ALL YOUR monies and future paychecks to that wonderful Federal guberment. we will surly applaud you..
I don't have to give up shit for this greedy ass Government.

Last edited:
They probably do, but the sad part is that no matter how high my salary is it cannot cure the debt crisis. If it could, I would gladly donate it.

Very few of us could.
Do you know "your share" of the national debt? And do you know the percentage of Americans who earn that much?
Our spending is the only issue.

It appears that Republicans have walked away from a historic opportunity to reduce the deficit because of their obsessive insistance that not one penny come from higher revenues. Recent polls, however, suggest that the American people are not so obstinate and are more than willing to accept some increase in taxes to reduce the deficit. There is a high degree of consistency in every poll I could find on this topic. ...

People Support Higher Taxes to Reduce the Deficit by a 2-to-1 Margin | Capital Gains and Games

And from Quinnipiac

Voters will blame Republicans over Obama 48 - 34 percent if the debt limit is not raised;

National (US) Poll * July 14, 2011 * President Is Best Of The Worst - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

The Same people that believe in Santa Claus believe higher taxes will be used to pay off the debt rather to pad Government payrolls, schemes, and scams by a 2 to 1 margin. Personally I believe it will go to support the life styles and whims of the Elect. ;)

srxuqqm8qkax643rbt9k-w.gif

And

Few Americans, however, take the view that spending cuts alone should be made in a deal, with no tax increases at all. In fact, only 26 percent of the Republican voters surveyed in Gallup’s poll took that position, along with 20 percent of voters overall.

G.O.P.'s No-Tax Stance Is Outside Political Mainstream - NYTimes.com

And from Quinnipiac

Total push poll.
Try the question: Would you support a rise in your taxes to pay for government spending
and see how that turns out.

No, the GOP is right on this one. If they cave on taxes they are toast in 2012.

Forum List

Back