People Screaming On The Floor Of The Nyse

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Around 5 minutes ago when the stocks rebounded from being down almost 1000 points, there was SCREAMING on the floor... absolute SCREAMING. It was absolute chaos. I was watching it on CNBC.

Around 5 minutes ago when the stocks rebounded from being down almost 1000 points, there was SCREAMING on the floor... absolute SCREAMING. It was absolute chaos. I was watching it on CNBC.

Buy low!!! :razz:

Dow's down 314.74 points right now.

Obviously they need to scream a tad louder.

They screamed because it broke -200, rallying from -700. They screamed again when it went positive. So what?

Could you stop wasting bandwidth to post about nothing?

Its down about 400 points now.

We're not screaming about nothing, We'd be thrilled with nothing.

We're screaming about less than nothing.

What exactly does it mean when the stock market crashes? Does it have to fall a certain amount, or what...and if it does, what will happen?

Its down about 400 points now.

We're not screaming about nothing, We'd be thrilled with nothing.

We're screaming about less than nothing.

"we're"?

You were in the DOW pit earlier?

What exactly does it mean when the stock market crashes? Does it have to fall a certain amount, or what...and if it does, what will happen?

It's just a capitulation or revaluation and it is actually healthy for the market to sort of cleanse itself in this way. If a company has real earnings and real growth prospects then it should be a solid investment regardless. The desirable price to earnings ratio might change as the market changes, but good money always finds good money eventually, like a natural progression. Sort of like the natural progression of water always finding water in the natural world.

It's just a capitulation or revaluation and it is actually healthy for the market to sort of cleanse itself in this way. If a company has real earnings and real growth prospects then it should be a solid investment regardless. The desirable price to earnings ratio might change as the market changes, but good money always finds good money eventually, like a natural progression. Sort of like the natural progression of water always finding water in the natural world.

That's a pretty good explanation. One you certainly won't see the MSM give after a big drop. Not every company that's dropping hard is a bad investment right now. GE has come down hard over the last year, but I see them as a rock solid position in the long run.

Hey I didn't see your post above about GE, that's funny. CNBC focused on them earlier, and it just seems hard to imagine them staying down.

Last edited:
That's a pretty good explanation. One you certainly won't see the MSM give after a big drop. Not every company that's dropping hard is a bad investment right now. GE has come down hard over the last year, but I see them as a rock solid position in the long run.

Yes, a low P/E ratio and solid earnings...and dividends! :)

For Ravi: What is market capitulation?

I happen to think defense is a good sector, because there's no doubt in my mind that there's going to be more war in the near future. I don't invest in it myself, because that's blood money to me. But it's a solid investment.

Yes, a low P/E ratio and solid earnings...and dividends! :)

For Ravi: What is market capitulation?

Companies that were good buys at a 14,000 DOW are twice as good a buys today....

Railroads are particularly good and if you have a major bank in your portfolio that can survive the next few months you will make a mink on that. IF GM can wholesale delve into hybrids and electrics and survive the next year, but Toyota is your best bet, they are all going to be very valuable five years from now. Long term, alternative energy companies like wind turbine manufacturers, solar cells, but ESPECIALLY battery firms might be a great buy now.

And the always solid conservative large caps are a STEAL right now....

Forum List

Back