People opposed to me are mind numbed marionettes of media special interests

Are the folks on the other side incapable of independent thought?

• Yes Master

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • no, they can figure things out for themeless,, but they figure wrong

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I haven't been informed on how to vote on this poll

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Someone here is guilty of independent thought!? Off with their head!

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Sep 12, 2008
Do you agree with that proposition?

Is your side the only one that thinks for itself?

I am noticing more and more of this as the election draws near. Folks think that the opposition is made up entirely of stooges and robots. If there were no Fox News/CNN, the folks on the other side wouldn't know what to think or whom to vote for.

Are you willing to entertain the idea, that maybe, just maybe, people have made up their own minds are gravitiate toward like thinking people, organizations, points of view?

Are you shitting me? In this day and age, there is always some minion on the tube news that tells us what to think and who to vote for. Is all that going to change and we have to once again think for ourselves? Tell me you're kidding...

Do you agree with that proposition?

Is your side the only one that thinks for itself?

I am noticing more and more of this as the election draws near. Folks think that the opposition is made up entirely of stooges and robots. If there were no Fox News/CNN, the folks on the other side wouldn't know what to think or whom to vote for.

Are you willing to entertain the idea, that maybe, just maybe, people have made up their own minds are gravitiate toward like thinking people, organizations, points of view?

Do they walk the party plank? Some do. But thinking people, people who think for themselves, stand off from the party philosophy, and vote according to what a party is pushing at the time.

I see people who just want the current folks out.

There are some who are just focused on the economy (jobs).

A large number are still entrenched in a party.

The rest seem to be issue specific (abortion, war, etc.)

this thread wont go anywhere on this board...they like to call names instead of debate the points of it. It's you are with us or against us on here...

The worst goose stepping nincompoops on the board seem to spend all their time accusing everyone else of being a good stepping nincompoop.

It is better to understand to why folks argue the way they do than to just dismiss them out of hand.

I thought the OP was neutral. Don't look now, but the thread is going somewhere.

The worst goose stepping nincompoops on the board seem to spend all their time accusing everyone else of being a good stepping nincompoop.

It is better to understand to why folks argue the way they do than to just dismiss them out of hand.

it's called projection

Both sides have their lock-steppers. The ones who really show their ignorance are those that post an article, agreeing with it (mainly because it supports their party line), and then bitch like banshees when other people start pointing out flaw within it.

Also, the minute you disagree with them, they start generic insults for which they have absolutely no evidence. I call people stupid - I have evidence to support that. But accusing others of racism, or making remarks about their personal circumstances, is just pathetic - I dismiss those people as a waste of my effort in any kind of discussion so I just tease them.

Both sides have their lock-steppers. The ones who really show their ignorance are those that post an article, agreeing with it (mainly because it supports their party line), and then bitch like banshees when other people start pointing out flaw within it.

Also, the minute you disagree with them, they start generic insults for which they have absolutely no evidence. I call people stupid - I have evidence to support that. But accusing others of racism, or making remarks about their personal circumstances, is just pathetic - I dismiss those people as a waste of my effort in any kind of discussion so I just tease them.

SOOOOooo...you ARE a Tease.

:eusa_whistle:

Worse than pathetic, the dogmatic partisans are bores.

New Topics

Forum List

Back