People of USMB

If you were an idiot and poo-pooed the idea of stocking up on your OWN food, than yeah, I guess you'd be left with sloppy seconds at the grocery store hoping you don't get stabbed in the process, just so you don't starve to death.

My point was to prepare so you DON'T have to do that.

I admit that not everyone can invest enough money in the market to protect the cash they make. But there's no reason to think you can't survive through rough times if you took whatever preparations you could afford.

It's better than doing NOTHING, which seems to me to be what you are advocating.

I see.

I think we're talking about two very different events.

You're talking about surviving a termporary breakdown of society, I'm talking about an ongoing disaster from which society itself dies.

Sure having a plan for a month or two or three is always a good idea, I quite agree.

But much beyond that is pretty much a wasted effort and here's why..

OTHER PEOPLE.

Unless you're presient enough to locate yourself in an entire community of like minded highly skilled survivalists, and locate that community far enough away from urban areas, when the machine stops working, you'll be hard pressed to create that preindustrial agrarian life that so many survivalists I've known think they';re capable of creating for themselves.

It takes a villiage of skilled people to surive the end of the world, and that assumes that nothing else (like ecological disaster) is nipping at your heels.

I see.

I think we're talking about two very different events.

You're talking about surviving a termporary breakdown of society, I'm talking about an ongoing disaster from which society itself dies.

Sure having a plan for a month or two or three is always a good idea, I quite agree.

But much beyond that is pretty much a wasted effort and here's why..

OTHER PEOPLE.

Unless you're presient enough to locate yourself in an entire community of like minded highly skilled survivalists, and locate that community far enough away from urban areas, when the machine stops working, you'll be hard pressed to create that preindustrial agrarian life that so many survivalists I've known think they';re capable of creating for themselves.

It takes a villiage of skilled people to surive the end of the world, and that assumes that nothing else (like ecological disaster) is nipping at your heels.

Fair enough. And I have always conceded that not everyone can prepare adequately. But I'm sure there are plenty that CAN, and refuse to.

I have a pre-planned location to bug out to should I ever need to escape to a more secure location to survive. You say a couple months, but I'm good to go for a couple YEARS.

I don't envision a complete collapse of society. I think it would take nothing short of nuclear war to cause such a thing. And I'm one of the more bearish people you'll meet in regards to our economic future. I see the possibility of severe economic hardship for a few years while the market cleanses itself of the mess it's currently in. I think the Fed and the market manipulators (think PPT) can only hold the Dollar up for so long, but eventually its demise will come. It's inevitable at this point. There's no historical precedent to rely on for a rosy prediction. There is one, however, for a bleak one. It's called the Roman Empire. You're a smart guy, I'm sure you see the parallels between us and the Romans. We're now out fighting wars to save our economy, just like the Romans did. All while we're provided with everything the keep us pacified and oblivious, much like the Roman citizens were. Study their economic policies and ours, and tell me they don't reek of similarity.

Sorry, but I'll be god damned if I'm going down with the ship.

Last edited:
Check it out and understand that with enough people with like minds we can survive and not have any hardships.

The Arc-Tech U Society which I have spoke about is going to be this. This is going to be the new way. We are going to completely break free of the World Governments as is when the break occurs. We will not need them. They caused it and we are getting out. I already am working with a team on ways to make this happen. The only reason I am on here talking about this is to gather the people who are ready and what to know what is going on.

I do mention somethings that you are not use to hearing but that is the truth. If they were lying already what else are they lying about?

Check it out and understand that with enough people with like minds we can survive and not have any hardships.

The Arc-Tech U Society which I have spoke about is going to be this. This is going to be the new way. We are going to completely break free of the World Governments as is when the break occurs. We will not need them. They caused it and we are getting out. I already am working with a team on ways to make this happen. The only reason I am on here talking about this is to gather the people who are ready and what to know what is going on.

I do mention somethings that you are not use to hearing but that is the truth. If they were lying already what else are they lying about?

Prove to me you have the ability to
completely break free of the World Governments
. Perform a miracle or something else really cool.

If people unite and stand up for their rights and not back down and then start doing their own way with a network of people is how we will do this. There will have to be a system in place for the people that want to know how, who or what but it will only be there for guidence and to help the people.

That is all a government needs to do. That is what our government will do.

If you watch now Barack will unite both parties of congress and create a new government in the united states. Then he will work to dissolve the Canadian and the Mexican boarder. They are doing this so when they institute the population control and start locking down the slave system you have no where to run.

The Arc
We will not have a micro managing control group that will police you and take all your freedoms away. You are only free in their system as the extent of the law allows you. They make you register everything with them. (banks, cars, kids, phones, computers, businesses, you have to get an ID, Passport and various other licenses to do certain things. You have to put finger prints on file and they even keep a record of your DNA when you donate blood.)

So is that really freedom?

They put you on an "eyeship" amd just have you looking around

Not our vision at all. This what we do not want.

Fair enough. And I have always conceded that not everyone can prepare adequately. But I'm sure there are plenty that CAN, and refuse to.

I have a pre-planned location to bug out to should I ever need to escape to a more secure location to survive. You say a couple months, but I'm good to go for a couple YEARS.

I don't envision a complete collapse of society. I think it would take nothing short of nuclear war to cause such a thing. And I'm one of the more bearish people you'll meet in regards to our economic future. I see the possibility of severe economic hardship for a few years while the market cleanses itself of the mess it's currently in. I think the Fed and the market manipulators (think PPT) can only hold the Dollar up for so long, but eventually its demise will come. It's inevitable at this point. There's no historical precedent to rely on for a rosy prediction. There is one, however, for a bleak one. It's called the Roman Empire. You're a smart guy, I'm sure you see the parallels between us and the Romans. We're now out fighting wars to save our economy, just like the Romans did. All while we're provided with everything the keep us pacified and oblivious, much like the Roman citizens were. Study their economic policies and ours, and tell me they don't reek of similarity.

Sorry, but I'll be god damned if I'm going down with the ship.

Bon voyage.

The economy is going to fall when China's does. It is a domino effect. With all the disaster in the world lately and Bush just getting another $150 Billion to the war on Iraq today how are they going to pay for middle America? It is going to cost a few billion to get that done.

They just are waisting money.

The Money they spend on War never goes back to the economy.

Bon voyage.

Cute.

You make no sense to me. In one thread, you talk about it feeling like we're frogs in hot water with the temperature rising, and that you feel something is seriously wrong economically...but then in another thread, you become the epidome of defeatism and make like there's not a god damned thing anyone can do about it, and we're all gonna die no matter what we try to do.

Are you just one of the ones that would rather enjoy each day as it comes and when and if things become severe, you simply give up and prepare to meet your maker?

I don't get you. It's bad enough that there's not NEARLY enough people who realize something is very wrong, but you actually REALIZE it, but seem as though you don't care, unless you can kick some economic knowledge in your favorite messageboard...and then it's all good in the hood, huh?

Forum List

Back