People of NY OVERWHELMINGLY In Favor of #OccupyWallStreet

I'm pretty sure that most of the Country by now are onto the Hoodwinking that's been going on, and I'd be glad to have that discussion with anyone who thinks they're uber-smawter than the bunch of kids that show up and shockingly act like dumb kids, to these events.

You can ignore Corporate Profits and CEO pay being at all-time highs, during a downward economy no-less, while at the same time the Middle Class shrinks and Middle-American pay is being squeezed and decreased - but the issue is not going to go away.

The people protesting are a result of 30 years of Marriage of Government and Corporations - giving each-other reach arounds.

If you said that to the majority of those kids down there, they would not have a clue of what you are talking about.

Yes, what you say is true about the 30 years of marriage.

And yes, it is true that some of the protesters are there for that reason.

However, most of them are there becuase they are kids who saw an opportunity to act without regard to having to act responsibly.

Heck, I recall in college the "sit ins and protests. Most didnt know OR CARE why they were there. All they knew was..."its fun"

I disagree, and I challenge you to physically go there and ask more than a handful of the most retarded kids the question of why they're there.

They still have to act responsibly, also, or they'll be arrested which I'm glad the bad eggs have been being arrested.

I hope it grows, and grows and grows and grows until it becomes so severe that legislative action is forced to be taken to get the fucking greedy little paws out of our legislative process.

And to those who say they're protesting at the wrong place?

no they're not. they're at 1 of the 2 correct places. you're absolutely correct that the second place is in fact DC.

Including Republicans...

Check it out.

Poll: NYers Support Occupy Wall Street, Taxes On Rich - YouTube

If there are any on USMB who may have been wondering why they have been able to stay there and will continue to stay there, that's why.

Pretty cool huh?

Yes, yes , indeed it is.

Are you aware of the fact that Adolf Hitler and the nazis were ELECTED to power. That even though he was gassing and executing Jews to the tune of 6,000,000 the Germans tacitly approved the massacre;

Are you aware that the Southerners approved of slavery?

But I knows you fascists love majority rule.

As always, Heil Hitler.

I'm pretty sure that most of the Country by now are onto the Hoodwinking that's been going on, and I'd be glad to have that discussion with anyone who thinks they're uber-smawter than the bunch of kids that show up and shockingly act like dumb kids, to these events.

You can ignore Corporate Profits and CEO pay being at all-time highs, during a downward economy no-less, while at the same time the Middle Class shrinks and Middle-American pay is being squeezed and decreased - but the issue is not going to go away.

The people protesting are a result of 30 years of Marriage of Government and Corporations - giving each-other reach arounds.

If you said that to the majority of those kids down there, they would not have a clue of what you are talking about.

However, most of them are there becuase they are kids who saw an opportunity to act without regard to having to act responsibly.

Heck, I recall in college the "sit ins and protests. Most didnt know OR CARE why they were there. All they knew was..."its fun"

I disagree, and I challenge you to physically go there and ask more than a handful of the most retarded kids the question of why they're there.

They still have to act responsibly, also, or they'll be arrested which I'm glad the bad eggs have been being arrested.

I hope it grows, and grows and grows and grows until it becomes so severe that legislative action is forced to be taken to get the fucking greedy little paws out of our legislative process.

no they're not. they're at 1 of the 2 correct places. you're absolutely correct that the second place is in fact DC.

Let me rephrase it.

They all know why they are there...there are speakers all through the day......but many are not there for that reason.

People dont wait on line to buy an iPad to then protest the fact that Apple charges too much money.

FYI...another party in Connecticut on Saturday.

soooooo... you're saying the OP was touting the smaller of the two numbers as 'overwhelming', rather than the larger of the two numbers. Sounds like the OP isn't as smart as he thinks he is, then.

I can't say which one he was talking about, but as I said, either one of them would qualify. So you can't properly conclude that he "isn't as smart as he thinks he is."

A 67% approval rating is a two-thirds majority. As noted above, that size majority in Congress is enough to pass a Constitutional amendment, override a presidential veto, close down a filibuster in the Senate, or convict an impeached president and remove him from office. It's not just a majority, it's a supermajority. I think that qualifies for the adjective "overwhelming."

soooooo... you're saying the OP was touting the smaller of the two numbers as 'overwhelming', rather than the larger of the two numbers. Sounds like the OP isn't as smart as he thinks he is, then.

I can't say which one he was talking about, but as I said, either one of them would qualify. So you can't properly conclude that he "isn't as smart as he thinks he is."

A 67% approval rating is a two-thirds majority. As noted above, that size majority in Congress is enough to pass a Constitutional amendment, override a presidential veto, close down a filibuster in the Senate, or convict an impeached president and remove him from office. It's not just a majority, it's a supermajority. I think that qualifies for the adjective "overwhelming."

Im more curious as to who the 15% are that feel they dont have the right to protest.

Let me rephrase it.

They all know why they are there...there are speakers all through the day......but many are not there for that reason.

People dont wait on line to buy an iPad to then protest the fact that Apple charges too much money.

The fact that they're wearing and/or using Corporate-made goods as somehow hypocritical is a red herring.

First of all, a boycott would make the economy EVEN worse - FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS, as instead of taking a pay cut or, I don't know, a more modest pay but not even a cut - in the years following say, a recession, we see what CEO's have been doing - using the economy as an excuse to freeze wages and demand more from their working class citizens, with the threat of said persons losing their job in an economy with no jobs as the proverbial leash around their necks.....and taking bigger pieces of the pie PERCENTAGE WISE than ever before. The devil is in the details.

Corporate profits and CEO pay aren't increasing because they're doing better sales than ever before, no. THAT WOULD BE A GOOD REASON FOR PAY INCREASES ACROSS THE BOARD, including the middle class.

It's that they're taking a bigger PERCENTAGE than ever before, and the balance has tipped the scales Country-wide. It is correct to get out and protest it because it's being filtered through the Government. The same Government your Corporate media has told you has too big of a boot on Corporate America's neck - is the Government that has allowed Corporate America to be MORE PROFITABLE THAN EVER, IN A RECESSION.

The problem is so glaring everyone in the face that it's ridiculous.

the u.s. middle class is being wiped out here's the stats to prove it: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance

"In 1950, the ratio of the average executive's paycheck to the average worker's paycheck was about 30 to 1. Since the year 2000, that ratio has exploded to between 300 to 500 to one."

"This is what American workers now must compete against: in China a garment worker makes approximately 86 cents an hour and in Cambodia a garment worker makes approximately 22 cents an hour."

"As of 2007, the bottom 80 percent of American households held about 7% of the liquid financial assets."

Its also cool that the governments of Iran, Venezuela, and China also support this movement right Marc?

"In 1950, the ratio of the average executive's paycheck to the average worker's paycheck was about 30 to 1. Since the year 2000, that ratio has exploded to between 300 to 500 to one."

seems to me a good inentive to want to become an executive.

Im more curious as to who the 15% are that feel they dont have the right to protest.

The way that question was worded, those 15% might just think they ought to vacate the park, not that they don't have the right to protest.

"This is what American workers now must compete against: in China a garment worker makes approximately 86 cents an hour and in Cambodia a garment worker makes approximately 22 cents an hour."

seems to me a good incentive to strive to be more than a garment worker

oh so that wage is ok for garment workers? (or any human, for that matter?)

yea,

Yes because we can ALL be executives and that way, when we get there, the MIDDLE CLASS' SUFFERING doesn't need to be addressed by guys like Jarhead because there won't be a middle class anymore! Just highly compensated Executives, and the poor! Good idea!

Yea,

Yes because we can ALL be executives and that way, when we get there, the MIDDLE CLASS' SUFFERING doesn't need to be addressed by guys like Jarhead because there won't be a middle class anymore! Just highly compensated Executives, and the poor! Good idea!

Yea,

A joke G.T.
Was only a joke.

Since we cannot in fact all be executives, what it is, is an incentive for revolution. We are seeing the initial stages of that revolution right now.

oh so that wage is ok for garment workers? (or any human, for that matter?)

yea,

Dont you know me by now?

Look, I see you are very passionate about this. I guess I shouldnt make jokes about it.

But, you see....I am one of those guys that was bagging groceries so I could eat.
Then I gave up my personal life to start a business...without a penny from anyone but my night job of bagging groceries and pricing canned goods.

So I have a little behind me to say.."If I can do it, anyone can"

Forum List

Back