People Need to Forgive Bush

Oh; and and here's my most recent blog post, here--explaining why our sacrifices in Afghanistan are not in vain.

Noitartst 14346190
As for "no justifiable reason," I beg do differ; Bush thought it could remake the Middle East, Saddam really was a threat, weapons or no, and we were in a constant state of low-level conflict. Those reasons are justifiable, to me

Of course it is justifiable to someone who thinks its ok to maim and kill tens of thousands of people and destroy their property. for no reason other than remaking the Middle East.

One problem you suffer is that you seem to be eager to believe that Bush "thought" as in planning what to do when the government of Iraq fell.

Last edited:
Noitartst 14346447
Oh; and and here's my most recent blog post, here--explaining why our sacrifices in Afghanistan are not in vain.

I don't disagree with US military and diplomatic policy in Afghanistan. We had the inherent right of self defense to remove the Taliban from control. It is tragic that Bush diverted military, intelligence and diplomatic assets from a just military mission supported by NATO and the UN in order to attack Iraq as UN insoection teams were disarming Iraq peacefully. He should never be forgiven for that abandonment of the military mission before it was successful.

Last edited:
Noitartst 14346190
I share a mite of culpability with Bush over Iraq; you, as a dove, seem to believe that you and Obam share zero culpability over Syria.

Iraq was a deliberate I'll-advised decision that Bush made and sold it based on lies. The Syrian people rose up not at Obama's urging and the Syrian civil war began. You have to indulge in conspiracy theories in order to credit Obama for igniting a civil war in Syria. Obama's Ted line was regarding use of CW civilians and combatants. And now those tons of CW and the means to produce them have been removed and destroyed by diplomatic means. There really were WMD In Syria and now they are gone. Obama never sent 200,000 U.S. Troops to look for WMD in Syria.

Had Bush been as intelligent as Obama, Iraq would have been verified disarmed peacefully through the UNSC.

There is no Obama delitorious effect as a result of Obama policy and initial US military action with regard to Syria. There was you well know because you supported it a delitiriius massive destabilizing effect that resulted from Bush's decision to force UNSC inspectors out in order to invade Iraq.

Your messages are so hair-brained it seems like Lil Dubya is writing them for you.

14346190 Noitartst
Obama made the same logic of weapons of mass destruction in 2013, same as Bush did, for the same exact reasons.

He did what same as Bush? You have no relationship with reality. Bush started a war when UN inspections he said he wanted instead of war were working.

Noitartst 14346190
I share a mite of culpability with Bush over Iraq; you, as a dove, seem to believe that you and Obam share zero culpability over Syria.

Iraq was a deliberate I'll-advised decision that Bush made and sold it based on lies. The Syrian people rose up not at Obama's urging and the Syrian civil war began. You have to indulge in conspiracy theories in order to credit Obama for igniting a civil war in Syria. Obama's Ted line was regarding use of CW civilians and combatants. And now those tons of CW and the means to produce them have been removed and destroyed by diplomatic means. There really were WMD In Syria and now they are gone. Obama never sent 200,000 U.S. Troops to look for WMD in Syria.

Had Bush been as intelligent as Obama, Iraq would have been verified disarmed peacefully through the UNSC.

There is no Obama delitorious effect as a result of Obama policy and initial US military action with regard to Syria. There was you well know because you supported it a delitiriius massive destabilizing effect that resulted from Bush's decision to force UNSC inspectors out in order to invade Iraq.
doesn't
Your messages are so hair-brained it seems like Lil Dubya is writing them for you.

You seem to think that Obama has done better than Bush; all he has done is let things spiral. Increasing criticism is being heaped upon Obama's handling, and yet the media is tuning it out.

Most of Obama's foreign policy advisors are against him, apparently; media never discusses that, and keeps trying to frame it as the political divide, but a growing number on the left side agree with the idea Obama has gone too far.

And, the critics on the left keep changing their justifications defending him.

Me, my reasons have never changed.

By the way, check out my post defending progress in Afghanistan, here.

The OP is about forgiving Bush, not who was the better president.

Bush will rank no better than four or fifth or sixth worst president in our history.

You seem to think that Obama has done better than Bush; all he has done is let things spiral.

Let what spiral? Bush definitely ignited a spiral of disastrous events by making an ill-advised decision. And one of the 'ill-advisers' was Obama preceding Bush's decision to bomb and blitzkrieg Iraq with ground forces. Obama was opposed to Bush's dumb war in Iraq.

Letting something happen assumes that something could have been done to prevent it from happening.

Forum List

Back