People Magazine: A Mythos Dream-Team!

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a commerce/media paranoia dialogue between a trio (or 'triad') of Hindu gods --- Krishna (god of negotiation), Shiva (god of destruction), and Vishnu (god of protection) --- and two fictional urbanite 'luminaries' --- the socialite/businessman Bruce Wayne (secretly DC Comics' American masked vigilante Batman) and his lovely model-girlfriend Julie Madison (Batman's first romantic interest)!

This dialogue is about People Magazine and how it symbolizes 'modernism values.'

Enjoy!

====

TRIAD: You two are very attractive...
JULIE/BRUCE: Yes, were Gotham City 'luminaries.'
TRIAD: Thanks to that charity-event...
JULIE/BRUCE: What's wrong with charity?
TRIAD: Are 'celebrities' concerned with philanthropy?
JULIE/BRUCE: The media is the new 'Disney World.'
TRIAD: Perhaps celebrities are 'role models.'
JULIE/BRUCE: We're simply human...
TRIAD: What's your favorite American city?
JULIE/BRUCE: New York, New York (and Gotham of course!).
TRIAD: What do you do for New Year's?
JULIE/BRUCE: We watch the Mummers Parade on TV!
TRIAD: Perhaps you can be 'commerce-idealism diplomats' of 'TrumpUSA.'
JULIE/BRUCE: We love a good 'chit-chat.'
TRIAD: Go then and serve humanity as 'titans of anti-terrorism consumerism.'
JULIE/BRUCE: Be sure to catch us in People Magazine!

====

KRISHNA/SHIVA/VISHNU:

trio1.jpg

JULIE & BRUCE:

juliebruce2.jpg

Doctor Who

Here's a Doctor Who (fictional time-travelling scientist from the iconic British TV sci-fi series) spin on 'People Magazine optimism' involving the 'celebrity role-model' Tom Cruise (Scientology 'philanthropist') and King Baldwin (pensive 'old-world' monarch and pseudo-philosopher) and a time-travel 'dragon-joke.'

You decide if People Magazine is worth the chatter...did we elect a capitalism-baron (Donald Trump) as U.S. President to 'neglect' our political responsibilities? Trump's only contender was an arguably ill-prepared female candidate (Hillary Clinton). Then again, when all you have is lemons, you need to make lemonade everywhere --- Yale University, McDonald's, Hong Kong, North Korea, Toys 'R Us, etc., etc., etc.

In other words, let the media reign! "When in Rome..."

Cheers!

====

CRUISE: The modern world is about sports and media and fast-food.
BALDWIN: And computers...
CRUISE: Yes! Of course, computers. NASDAQ, Apple, IBM, Facebook, you name it!
BALDWIN: Media has changed the 'face' of advertising...
CRUISE: Yes, [King] Baldwin; in your time it was all chess and diplomacy.
BALDWIN: I'm not being facetious; I respect the commerce-related 'peace' of TrumpUSA.
CRUISE: Well, Americans are still careful when thinking about how the Trump Administration will handle Sunni-Shia trade.
BALDWIN: Schisms within Islam can be problematic for a commerce-minded 'modern American empire,' no?
CRUISE: Exactly, which is why I'm asking you to get into this time machine invented by NASA and visit Planet Hollywood...
BALDWIN: Are you insane? I'm in the middle of a very complicated land turmoil, which I need to govern with focus!
CRUISE: Come, on, Baldwin (great king)! Take some Los Angeles 2001 souvenirs back to the Holy Land.
BALDWIN: Alright, Mr. Cruise. I'll do it for a 'media role model' such as yourself, but I want 'photographs.'
CRUISE: I'll get you a classic Polaroid...
BALDWIN: Well, Cruise, I got tons of photos of MGM Studios and the Van Gogh Museum. Thanks!
CRUISE: So what's your perspective on Planet Hollywood, Scientology, and the Raiders moving to Vegas?
BALDWIN: Wasn't that all covered in People Magazine?
CRUISE: Yes (indeed it was!). Are you 'enriched' by time-travel to our 'commerce-digesting' TrumpUSA?
BALDWIN: You are Bartleby (Melville). I recommend you take Alka-Seltzer and let me return to the Holy Land. It was 'cool.'

====

kingdom.jpg

Forum List

Back