People in Israel

a loss for words

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2017
upper left corner of the republic
Souk in Jewish part of new Jerusalem
20180131_071511.jpg

he didn't like being photographed. He did like the girl excessively. I don't know the hebrew for "get a room guys, sheesh!"

All these teenagers carrying machine guns around at first made me nervous, and I am a big 2nd amendment kind of guy.

What’s with all the cosplay?
It isn't cosplay. Those are real machine guns. Abut 20% of soldiers carry guns constantly. And the guns are very scary. There are standard rifles and also some which are specialized in some way that I didn't comprehend..

All teenager 18 years old go into the military. There are exceptions for haredi and Muslim youth. But there are muslim soldiers in the IDF. not many, but they are out there. Men go in for 30 months, women go for 24 months. A woman who has a baby has to finish her 24 months later.

he didn't like being photographed. He did like the girl excessively. I don't know the hebrew for "get a room guys, sheesh!"

All these teenagers carrying machine guns around at first made me nervous, and I am a big 2nd amendment kind of guy.

Actually their rate of unintentional shootings is very low, 0.05 per 100,000 population. A country like Guatemala has 1.33 unintentional firearms deaths per 100,000 and the US has 0.15 per 100,000. I would feel perfectly safe there, those youngsters probably get some pretty intense training.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia
Now the celebratory gunfire at a Palestinian wedding would make me a little nervous. :biggrin:

Actually their rate of unintentional shootings is very low, 0.05 per 100,000 population. A country like Guatemala has 1.33 unintentional firearms deaths per 100,000 and the US has 0.15 per 100,000. I would feel perfectly safe there, those youngsters probably get some pretty intense training.

Now the celebratory gunfire at a Palestinian wedding would make me a little nervous. :biggrin:
while guns and ammunition are carried everywhere, the rifles do not have any ammunition in the rifle, but in a pouch on the stock when the gun is not in use. If there were an emergency the clip could be put in the gun in 1/3 of a second.

It was obvious that there was a lot of training in handling the weapons

It isn't cosplay. Those are real machine guns. Abut 20% of soldiers carry guns constantly. And the guns are very scary. There are standard rifles and also some which are specialized in some way that I didn't comprehend..

All teenager 18 years old go into the military. There are exceptions for haredi and Muslim youth. But there are muslim soldiers in the IDF. not many, but they are out there. Men go in for 30 months, women go for 24 months. A woman who has a baby has to finish her 24 months later.
I'm talking about the goofy hats and the hair twirls. I get a yarmulke and a hijab are supposed to hide you from the world for God or something, but what's with the scarecrow hats and the fruity hair?

Actually their rate of unintentional shootings is very low, 0.05 per 100,000 population.
It seems pretty high when one considers their firearms per 100,000 population rate, compared to developed countries.

Take into consideration that not everyone living and working in Israel, isn't an Israeli. Some Palestinians have access to firearms too, and I"m pretty sure they've never been to an NRA gun safety class.

I'm talking about the goofy hats and the hair twirls. I get a yarmulke and a hijab are supposed to hide you from the world for God or something, but what's with the scarecrow hats and the fruity hair?
I can't speak to all of it, but the "fruity hair" is mandated in Exodus. You have to
have strings at the base of your shirt
hair around your ear

A lot of the weirder things that the haredi do are mandated somewhere in the bible

I can't speak to all of it, but the "fruity hair" is mandated in Exodus. You have to
have strings at the base of your shirt
hair around your ear

A lot of the weirder things that the haredi do are mandated somewhere in the bible
Ah thanks

Forum List

Back