People Begin Living Without Electricity and Water in California

dvinman

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQXU9Kzgr8]YouTube - People Begin Living Without Electricity and Water in California[/ame]

Its only going to get worse. think how many people used up their 99 weeks of unemployment and don't even count in the jobless claims report. and people like myself that were self employed and can not collect.

What is truly bad is the light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming right at us. In fact a line of trains. I am extremely blessed in that we paid off the last debt in 1992 and I inherited an interest in my mother's house two years ago when she died so I have back up in case things fall apart. Still the prospect of serial sovereign defaults scare me, not to mention the loss of local government services which is already starting and the coming foreclosure waves. If you are not Bill Gates or Warren Buffet even owning your home like I do does not get you out of the woods.

What is truly bad is the light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming right at us. In fact a line of trains. I am extremely blessed in that we paid off the last debt in 1992 and I inherited an interest in my mother's house two years ago when she died so I have back up in case things fall apart. Still the prospect of serial sovereign defaults scare me, not to mention the loss of local government services which is already starting and the coming foreclosure waves. If you are not Bill Gates or Warren Buffet even owning your home like I do does not get you out of the woods.
Only a plane ticket will get you out of those woods.

Its only going to get worse. think how many people used up their 99 weeks of unemployment and don't even count in the jobless claims report. and people like myself that were self employed and can not collect.

I don't understand: You mean you cannot get a job installing solar panals on government buildings?

I don't understand: You mean you cannot get a job installing solar panals on government buildings?
Depending on your state and personal situation that may or may not be funny.

How much of this "anguish" has been brought on Californians by their own seemingly insatiable appetite for "more, more, more" entitlements, sometimes idiotic fanaticism on environmental and animal rights issues, financial demands on government to do more and more with less and less and their unwillingness to bend, make cuts that need to be made, or any other concessions that might keep the state at least half-way able to float for awhile?

Depending on your state and personal situation that may or may not be funny.

Well, I assume that the Billions in government investment to Rebuild America, and its interest in alternative energy sources, California would be covered with solar panals.

This is what happens when the Federal Government grows 33% in absolute dollars in a 3 year period during what was advertised as the worst Recession since the Great Depression, with the state government also expanding employment recklessly while dealing with bloated pension benefits.

The private sector is being bled out to feed overpaid, unproductive (or at worse, counterproductive) government.

Well, I assume that the Billions in government investment to Rebuild America, and its interest in alternative energy sources, California would be covered with solar panals.

Oh no! That will never happen. The Environmentalist Movement opposes all development, even Clean Energy Related projects.

The real purpose of Rebuild America money is just to shore up government employment.

The anguish on that guy's face is heart-wrenching.

This guy is acting. I have watched his stuff 2 years ago & he fakes stuff. He faked people attacking each other for food & he was held up in a bunker with his survival food. He was pulling fake tears & facial expressions in a atmosphere of impending doom. It is bad out there but not to the extremes this guy portrays. He is a You Tube Actor.

This guy is acting. I have watched his stuff 2 years ago & he fakes stuff. He faked people attacking each other for food & he was held up in a bunker with his survival food. He was pulling fake tears & facial expressions in a atmosphere of impending doom. It is bad out there but not to the extremes this guy portrays. He is a You Tube Actor.

Seriously?

Oh no! That will never happen. The Environmentalist Movement opposes all development, even Clean Energy Related projects.

The real purpose of Rebuild America money is just to shore up government employment.

One doesn't have solar panals?

I'm shocked. How will one generate enough electricity to find out what happens to Sookie and Bill when the Racial Apocolypse decends over the Bay Area, destroying the local grid?

90 percent of my work was residential repair, 5 ton and under going in crawl spaces, attic and some rooftops.

the other 10 percent was installs. all my jobs were sub work for home warranty companies 2-10 home buyers, American home shield etc.

with the massive layoff in new construction, my work was cut to 1/3 hvac techs are now a dime a dozen, I decided just to fold up and try to get back into driving 18 wheeler over the road... Will not see that big money anymore but I will have a steady job and benefits with no overhead. not to many people want to leave home weeks at a time so there is plenty of work.

Well, that pisses me off. We have enough to worry about. I did wonder why this had not made the news. In most communities, you cannot legally occupy a home without electricity or running water and it seemed odd that 25% of any affluent community's homes were in such shape and no one was publically talking about it.

Thankies, KissMy. I will endeavor not to be such a dumb ass next time.

90 percent of my work was residential repair, 5 ton and under going in crawl spaces, attic and some rooftops.

the other 10 percent was installs. all my jobs were sub work for home warranty companies 2-10 home buyers, American home shield etc.

with the massive layoff in new construction, my work was cut to 1/3 hvac techs are now a dime a dozen, I decided just to fold up and try to get back into driving 18 wheeler over the road... Will not see that big money anymore but I will have a steady job and benefits with no overhead. not to many people want to leave home weeks at a time so there is plenty of work.

So you'll persevere without help from the government???:eek:

Congratulations!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back