People are Buying Guns and Ammunition for a Reason

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
People are Buying Guns and Ammunition for a Reason​

Neil Snyder
December 24, 2012

It's 2:00 a.m. You are at home in your bed sound asleep. Your wife is sleeping beside you, and your children are asleep in their rooms down the hall.

The muffled sound of a window breaking interrupts your slumber. You're groggy and you wonder if it was just a dream, so you lie there quietly and listen. A few seconds later, you hear other sounds. The window opens; a table beside the window makes a noise as it is jostled by an intruder; through your open door, you see reflections from a dim light that's moving from side-to-side on the floor below.

You are your family's protector. What should you do?

If you are like most Americans, there is not much that you can do except pray that the intruder won't come upstairs. In 2011, only 47% of Americans had a gun in their home or on their property. Republicans were more likely to own a gun than Democrats, but between 2009 and 2011, gun ownership among Democrats increased by 33% compared to less than 4% for Republicans. Obviously, people who call themselves "Democrats" are beginning to realize that something isn't right.

The scenario that I presented may sound like a nightmare situation, something that happens only rarely, but that's not the case. According to the FBI, in 2011 there were 1,203,564 violent crimes in the United States. That's 386.3 violent crimes per 100,000 people in our country. That means that in 2011 you had a less than 1% chance of being a victim of a violent crime in the U.S., but for those who were victims, statistics didn't matter in the slightest.

Read more:
Blog: People are Buying Guns and Ammunition for a Reason

As you all know there are restrictions on how much can be posted. I urge all of you to read the complete article. It's interesting and eye opening.

Yeah, they're buying guns and ammo for reason, alright, and have been since 2008....they stupidly believe the lie that "OBAMA IS COMING TO GET YOUR GUNS!"

That fear-mongering campaign has been the biggest boon to gun sellers ever! I doubt any of them are losing much sleep over Obama being re-elected. More likely, they're chortling all the way to the bank!

Yeah, they're buying guns and ammo for reason, alright, and have been since 2008....they stupidly believe the lie that "OBAMA IS COMING TO GET YOUR GUNS!"

That fear-mongering campaign has been the biggest boon to gun sellers ever! I doubt any of them are losing much sleep over Obama being re-elected. More likely, they're chortling all the way to the bank!

Better to be safe than sorry.

I guess you haven't been paying attention. Figures. Liberals have no clue what's going on.

I guess you haven't been paying attention. Figures. Liberals have no clue what's going on.

Ok, I'll bite. What IS going on that shows Obama is coming to get our guns?

I'm all ears.

Forum List

Back