Pentecostals

Okay.....I've read the entire thread up to this point, and I'm fixing to piss off a LOT of these Pentium Postals.........

They're wrong.

How do I know? Simple.....did anyone ever bother to read Genesis? About the creation of the Garden of Eden, as well as the fact that Adam and Eve ran around in it NAKED? The first giveaway that God saw after they'd eaten from the tree of Good and Evil (when Satan tempted them), was the fact that they were naked. Interesting point by the way, that was brought up by a Torah scholar to me, was that after eating the apple, they could have known ANYTHING, yet they chose to look at the fact they were naked. Kind of a narrow view in my book. I also believe that the reason that God had told them to not eat from the tree was because Adam and Eve hadn't learned enough yet, because they were still kinda like kids, God didn't want them to get into the liquor cabinet before THEY were ready, not God.

Go ahead.....feel free to flame me for this post......

Never mind the fact that it's true.

You're not pissing me off because I can't see that is has a lot to do with anything being discussed unless Palin was eating apples in a tree somewhere in Alaska.

If you want to post stupid shit that doesn't prove your point that all Pentecostal churchs abide strictly by UPCI directives go for it, but you are presenting a boring style of debate that doesn't deserve a relpy as far as I'm concerned. You're grasping at straws here because you don't seem to know much about Pentecostal churches and the differences there are that has actually caused a lot of divisions within the Pentecostal churches across the country.

I've never seen a snake in church so that looks rather silly.

The picture looks like it is from the forty's. It could have been done then and the practice has now ceased. :eusa_shifty: I sure hope so! Because I'm not going to check out those churches if they haven't stopped this! lol And I don't bite Chicken heads off either! lol :D

If you want to post stupid shit that doesn't prove your point that all Pentecostal churchs abide strictly by UPCI directives go for it, but you are presenting a boring style of debate that doesn't deserve a relpy as far as I'm concerned. You're grasping at straws here because you don't seem to know much about Pentecostal churches and the differences there are that has actually caused a lot of divisions within the Pentecostal churches across the country.

I've never seen a snake in church so that looks rather silly.

No, that pic pretty much DOES prove my point. Some independant sect of pentecostals do not reflect in any way the dogma of PENTECOSTALISM. Hell, Some catholic made Sinead O'Conner a fucking priest. Now, PLEASE, tell me how that trumps the authority of the vatican.

Dont worry. Your avoidance and reluctance to bat me around the head and neck with EVIDENCE is obvious. IM GRASPING AT STRAWS? whatever, dude. SAYS the guy whose SOLE offering is.. a wiki article. Hey, maybe you can post a BLOG next!

And, the fact that you have never seen a snake at a church, DESPITE THE CLAIM BY THAT VERY CONGREGATION TO BE PENTECOSTALS, is the grand slam that drives my point home.

now, sit there and bleed or arm yourself with evidence and lets play. your choice.

No, that pic pretty much DOES prove my point. Some independant sect of pentecostals do not reflect in any way the dogma of PENTECOSTALISM. Hell, Some catholic made Sinead O'Conner a fucking priest. Now, PLEASE, tell me how that trumps the authority of the vatican.

Dont worry. Your avoidance and reluctance to bat me around the head and neck with EVIDENCE is obvious. IM GRASPING AT STRAWS? whatever, dude. SAYS the guy whose SOLE offering is.. a wiki article. Hey, maybe you can post a BLOG next!

And, the fact that you have never seen a snake at a church, DESPITE THE CLAIM BY THAT VERY CONGREGATION TO BE PENTECOSTALS, is the grand slam that drives my point home.

now, sit there and bleed or arm yourself with evidence and lets play. your choice.

When you prove my claim that all Pentecostal churchs aren't under the direct control of UPCI then I'll play. Until then I'll just sit here and be amused.:lol:

I wondered about that too, the first time I heard the story. But, like so many fairy tales full of inconsistencies, you just have gloss over it, to get to whatever the real moral of the story is.

My personal opinon is that the garden of eden myth revolves around the original point where humans stopped being merely animals and began to know their own cognitive selves. the fruit representing emerging gathering societies that learned how to farm for food (knowledge) rather than hunt like beasts. In fact, in early societies THIS role was taken up by, you guessed it, females. Birthing pains as a punishment? Or, rather the knowledge of this pain as an individual rather than instinctive like an animal. animals don't clothe themselves. I think the garden of eden is a euphemism for pre-cognitive man making the transition from beast to human.

but thats just my theory.

When you prove my claim that all Pentecostal churchs aren't under the direct control of UPCI then I'll play. Until then I'll just sit here and be amused.:lol:

AH!

yea.. you do that. Again, it's pretty clear why you avoid beating me down with evidence of your own. I've posted mine. The burden to prove otherwise is squarely on your shoulders, dude.

I tellya, if this is your armor of god then I feel sorry for the crafter who made it. Have fun knowing that an atheist schooled you on your own faith.

But he was STILL talking about HIS take on the JEWISH SCRIPTURES and HIS take on salvation. Sure, we all know that the new testement was a new covenant. BUT, how do you assume that he essentially gave taoism, buddhism, etc the thumbs up as an alternative to HIS message? I'd like to see the scripture that suggests that.

In case you haven't noticed, CHRISTIANS don't belive that jews are saved unless they embrace jesus as their savior. JESUS didn't teach that variations of salvational faith were acceptable alternatives that I am aware of. Thanks for your appriciation of my posts but I'd have to see scripture that even remotely suggests that jebus validates your dali lama quote.

Like I said Shogun, there are many different sects of Jewish thought.

As far as the validation? Well......check out a book by a dude named Red Pine, who translated the Tao Te Ching. Once you've done that, start researching Judaism, and you'll see MANY similarities.

My personal opinon is that the garden of eden myth revolves around the original point where humans stopped being merely animals and began to know their own cognitive selves. the fruit representing emerging gathering societies that learned how to farm for food (knowledge) rather than hunt like beasts. In fact, in early societies THIS role was taken up by, you guessed it, females. Birthing pains as a punishment? Or, rather the knowledge of this pain as an individual rather than instinctive like an animal. animals don't clothe themselves. I think the garden of eden is a euphemism for pre-cognitive man making the transition from beast to human.

but thats just my theory.

Interesting theory. Hunter-gatherers are self aware, however. And it is believed that some animals are too, on a certain level.

AH!

yea.. you do that. Again, it's pretty clear why you avoid beating me down with evidence of your own. I've posted mine. The burden to prove otherwise is squarely on your shoulders, dude.

I tellya, if this is your armor of god then I feel sorry for the crafter who made it. Have fun knowing that an atheist schooled you on your own faith.
Still barking up the wrong tree?

Like I said Shogun, there are many different sects of Jewish thought.

As far as the validation? Well......check out a book by a dude named Red Pine, who translated the Tao Te Ching. Once you've done that, start researching Judaism, and you'll see MANY similarities.

many sects of jewish thought.. and many sects of CHRISTIAN thought. But, ALL christian dogma states that JESUS is the ONLY path to salvation. I've read the tao te ching. But that doesn't support your idea that anything in the NT supports your dali lama quote. Im not interested in Pine's book. Im asking YOU to support your assertion.

Interesting theory. Hunter-gatherers are self aware, however. And it is believed that some animals are too, on a certain level.

sure they were self aware. they were the first human cultures. Would the snake, a FAR more reptilian minded creature, not be a good image for the savagery of nature prompting humans to grow their own food?

And, remember, this is when humans were barely out of the field so every other animal had not been courted through husbandry yet. The garden of eden does not apply to house cats.

Still barking up the wrong tree?

not at all. Waiting for ANY of you to offer more than tears and foot stomping like a toddler just told that a candy bar is not dinner.

come on, ANG.. show me YOUR evidence.

AH!

Sorry but just because you think you are some sort of self proclaimed victor here your argument is still bullshit. All you have posted is UPCI doctrine which doesn't apply to unaffiliated Pentecostal churches.

You don't seem to know enough about unaffiliated Pentecostal churches to understand they aren't all the same. You also don't understand how tolerant Pentecostal churches are of members who don't always follow church doctrine. This tolerance is why not all Pentecostal members fit the mold you keep posting as some sort of guidelines every members has to follow to be a member of their church.

The picture looks like it is from the forty's. It could have been done then and the practice has now ceased. :eusa_shifty: I sure hope so! Because I'm not going to check out those churches if they haven't stopped this! lol And I don't bite Chicken heads off either! lol :D

There are people who worship that way but I've never seen them. As far as i know a lot of that takes place in the South. Dancing with snakes isn't something many Pentecostal churches choose as a style of worship. I think it's weird myself.

1.Sorry but just because you think you are some sort of self proclaimed victor here your argument is still bullshit. All you have posted is UPCI doctrine which doesn't apply to 2.unaffiliated Pentecostal churches.

You don't seem to know enough about unaffiliated Pentecostal churches to understand they aren't all the same. 3.You also don't understand how tolerant Pentecostal churches are of members who don't always follow church doctrine. This tolerance is why not all Pentecostal members fit the mold you keep posting as some sort of guidelines every members has to follow to be a member of their church.

1. THEN PROVE ME WRONG MOTHERFUCKER. :lol:

2. oh, you mean like SNAKE HANDLER pentecostals? Or Sinean O'Connors's preisthood? THAT kind of UNAFFILIATED?

3. Sure I am. No one is going to throw a sinner out onto the streets. BUT, their choices DO NOT REFLECT THE FUCKING DOGMA OF THAT PARTICULAR FAITH. Just like Ang is having a hard time showing how a catholic having an abortion makes catholicism pro-choice.

Now, please... either prove your fucking point or don't. By now i'm just toying with you like a cat with a mouse since you've proven yourself incapable of offering even the slightest rebuttal to evidence. It must suck knowing that an atheist knows more about your dogma than you do.

There are people who worship that way but I've never seen them. As far as i know a lot of that takes place in the South. Dancing with snakes isn't something many Pentecostal churches choose as a style of worship. I think it's weird myself.

WELL WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO INSIST THAT THEY ARE NOT PART OF THE PENTECOSTAL FAITH, DUDE?

:lol:

oh man this is fun. I never get tired of exposing christian hypocrisies.

not at all. Waiting for ANY of you to offer more than tears and foot stomping like a toddler just told that a candy bar is not dinner.

come on, ANG.. show me YOUR evidence.

I already did, Your Eminence.

You need to try to be a little more self aware of your own posts. :lol:

1. THEN PROVE ME WRONG MOTHERFUCKER. :lol:

2. oh, you mean like SNAKE HANDLER pentecostals? Or Sinean O'Connors's preisthood? THAT kind of UNAFFILIATED?

3. Sure I am. No one is going to throw a sinner out onto the streets. BUT, their choices DO NOT REFLECT THE FUCKING DOGMA OF THAT PARTICULAR FAITH. Just like Ang is having a hard time showing how a catholic having an abortion makes catholicism pro-choice.

Now, please... either prove your fucking point or don't. By now i'm just toying with you like a cat with a mouse since you've proven yourself incapable of offering even the slightest rebuttal to evidence. It must suck knowing that an atheist knows more about your dogma than you do.

Sorry but you seem to be really confused about the Pentecostal religion. Do you understand what affiliation is? I can see you might want to google the term if you want to try to prove me wrong. Until then feel free to act immature which makes your points even less credible.

Forum List

Back