Pentagon: Troops won't get paid if Government shuts down this week

They don't get paid on Friday, dumb ass!

Your source is notorious for being stupid. Thanks for providing even more evidence.

FYI, active and reserve military members get paid on the 1st and 15th of the month. Since the 15th has already passed, they got paid then. If the shutdown occurs and is still down after the 1st of February then they won't be paid on that day. If that happens they'll get paid when the shutdown ends, whenever that is.

Also, the last time that happened and they didn't get paid, companies extended their due dates on their bills and loans and the military credit unions gave out loans to cover those not being extended. The military can handle this just like they have done before.

I remember I was a young sailor in 1978 when a shutdown was threatened as we were all going on Christmas leave. Fortunately, they came through at the last minute and averted it. I seem to recall our President was Jimmy Carter at that time.

Dummy

I went through 33 years as a Federal Employee and went through many, many shutdowns

I always got paid for not working

So will the troops

You just have to prove that you simply cannot read. Go back and highlight where i said ANYTHING to the contrary, dumb ass! Everyone gets paid eventually.

So who cares Dummy?

You apparently cared enough to call me a dummy and then agreed with what I said.

With you, I think we need to consult hospice because your being a dumb ass is apparently terminal.

Trump will not let the Democrats blame him for the shutdown. DACA has nothing to do with funding our government, so the Dems will get the blame.
It isn't his choice. The public knows the Republicans throw these tantrums periodically. Who do you really think will get the blame? It doesn't take much to know they control the House, Senate and WH, giving them all the power they should need to get their way. If the shutdown happens anyway, it's all up to their incompetence and as good a reason as any for the voters to vote them out this fall.

As a liberal, we must assume you have no idea how this government works and the fact that the Senate is 51/49 right now has a big impact on getting anything passed.

Who are the 9+ Democrats/Independents who will step forward to keep the government open?
Dummy

Republicans are controlling our Givernment and you blaim Democrats?

Fat Donnie was given DACA on a platter and went on a shithole tirade

Why are your posts nothing but an uncontrolled expulsion of bullshit?

Answer my question. Then spread your nonsense!

His alleged shithole comment was not about DACA, dumb ass!

Dummy

Our president was handed a solution to the shutdown last week
He pissed it away because he hates black nations

Thanks for presenting the racist point of view.

Dummy

Our president was handed a solution to the shutdown last week
He pissed it away because he hates black nations

More bullshit!

Which Dems will vote for the border wall?

Which Dems will vote increased funding for border enforcement?

Which Dems will vote to end chain immigration and the visa lottery?

It sure wasn't Dicky Durbin, was it?

Dummy

Why would anyone in their right mind vote for a useless wall unless Mexico was paying for it?

Why is it useless?

Heads up: Don't try that useless and lame tactic of saying you can go over or under it. That's been debunked so many times it is pathetic.
Walls don't work Dummy

Most illegals get through on Visas and overstay their term

Got it Dummy?

Why are we giving visas to Mexicans?

I'll bet you think it is because their Master cards are maxed out!

Actually you are wrong!

Stop the presses! We are all shocked you got something wrong!

Over half of the illegal immigrants did not overstay their visas, dumb ass! That would be 6 to 7 million of those that came in by getting past the border patrol!

Modes of Entry for the Unauthorized Migrant Population

Did not raygoon give amnesty to all illegals?
Seems the Great Douche is open to doing that again.
Well, I can thank you for voting Great Douche on this matter. If happens.

btw: Did you know the Great Douche is applying an executive privilege to interviews on Bannon, while claiming it's not one? It's just true, the Douche wants people to say NO to answering questions you do know will sink the Great Douche's ASS.. On the most honest Con Man. To earn a PARDON!

Oops! Almost forgot...

DTyWdxgVwAA8xrR.jpg

Last edited:
Democrats noted domestic programs have seen cuts too. In their Dec. 12 letter opposing a new continuing resolution, Senate Democrats said, “According to estimates, domestic programs will see at least $12 billion in cuts in [fiscal] 2018 due to sequestration and other spending obligations.” Therefore, a funding bill that provides full-year sequestration relief for military programs but not for other important domestic programs “would result in devastating cuts to homeland security agencies like the FBI, cancer research programs at the National Institutes of Health, and opioid treatment funding" at the Health and Human Services Department.

As Talks to Avoid Shutdown Near Climax, Pentagon Continues Bemoaning Stopgap Budgets

Pentagon: Troops won't get paid...

Whelp --- looks like another Rump standard operating procedure.

Ooope looks like Obama caused one too
208e8261-a7b5-4dd5-891a-0a07c5935131.png

Government Must Pay Damages to 25,000 Feds Who Worked During 2013 Shutdown

Ooopsie O'bama doesn't have a long history of stiffing people who work for him now does he.

Yeah he does he is an expert and so much so he got is idiots to vote for him TWICE and he did NOTHING for the people not even his own and they know it.

upload_2018-1-17_22-25-24.png

Government Shutdown Accountability and Economic Report Act of 2017

This bill prohibits Members of Congress from being paid salaries during a pay period in which a government shutdown is in effect after the regularly scheduled general election for federal office held in November 2018.

For the purpose of this bill, a government shutdown is considered to be in effect if there is a lapse in appropriations for any federal agency or department as a result of a failure to enact a regular appropriations bill or continuing resolution.

If a government shutdown occurs during the 115th Congress, congressional salaries must be withheld during the shutdown and released to Members of Congress at the end of the Congress, subject to an exception for any day during the 115th Congress which occurs after the date of the regularly scheduled general election for federal office held in November 2018.

During a government shutdown, the Congressional Budget Office must submit specified reports to Congress regarding the costs and economic effects of the shutdown.

Congress.gov

H.R.2214 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Government Shutdown Accountability and Economic Report Act of 2017

Trump will not let the Democrats blame him for the shutdown. DACA has nothing to do with funding our government, so the Dems will get the blame.
It isn't his choice. The public knows the Republicans throw these tantrums periodically. Who do you really think will get the blame? It doesn't take much to know they control the House, Senate and WH, giving them all the power they should need to get their way. If the shutdown happens anyway, it's all up to their incompetence and as good a reason as any for the voters to vote them out this fall.
Bullshit! It's the democrats throwing a tantrum. DACA is unpopular with the public and it is why the democrats won't help pass funding the budget. Trump is going to blame Democrats so skillfully that even their own mothers will hate them.

As a liberal, we must assume you have no idea how this government works and the fact that the Senate is 51/49 right now has a big impact on getting anything passed.

Who are the 9+ Democrats/Independents who will step forward to keep the government open?
Dummy

The agreement was a bad deal. No wall, no elimination of chain migration, etc. all it contained was amnesty for illegals. That is a non starter. The people are with the president.

FYI, active and reserve military members get paid on the 1st and 15th of the month. Since the 15th has already passed, they got paid then. If the shutdown occurs and is still down after the 1st of February then they won't be paid on that day. If that happens they'll get paid when the shutdown ends, whenever that is.

Also, the last time that happened and they didn't get paid, companies extended their due dates on their bills and loans and the military credit unions gave out loans to cover those not being extended. The military can handle this just like they have done before.

I remember I was a young sailor in 1978 when a shutdown was threatened as we were all going on Christmas leave. Fortunately, they came through at the last minute and averted it. I seem to recall our President was Jimmy Carter at that time.

Dummy

I went through 33 years as a Federal Employee and went through many, many shutdowns

So will the troops

Read the title of the thread Dummy

"Troops won't get paid"
They will

You just have to prove that you simply cannot read. Go back and highlight where i said ANYTHING to the contrary, dumb ass! Everyone gets paid eventually.

So who cares Dummy?

You apparently cared enough to call me a dummy and then agreed with what I said.

With you, I think we need to consult hospice because your being a dumb ass is apparently terminal.

Dummy

The agreement was a bad deal. No wall, no elimination of chain migration, etc. all it contained was amnesty for illegals. That is a non starter. The people are with the president.

Actually, the majority of people support DACA

View attachment 172135

Government Shutdown Accountability and Economic Report Act of 2017

This bill prohibits Members of Congress from being paid salaries during a pay period in which a government shutdown is in effect after the regularly scheduled general election for federal office held in November 2018.

For the purpose of this bill, a government shutdown is considered to be in effect if there is a lapse in appropriations for any federal agency or department as a result of a failure to enact a regular appropriations bill or continuing resolution.

If a government shutdown occurs during the 115th Congress, congressional salaries must be withheld during the shutdown and released to Members of Congress at the end of the Congress, subject to an exception for any day during the 115th Congress which occurs after the date of the regularly scheduled general election for federal office held in November 2018.

During a government shutdown, the Congressional Budget Office must submit specified reports to Congress regarding the costs and economic effects of the shutdown.

Congress.gov

H.R.2214 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Government Shutdown Accountability and Economic Report Act of 2017

Not a law, just a bill.

Do we need to break out the School House Rock video?

Dummy

So will the troops

Read the title of the thread Dummy

"Troops won't get paid"
They will

So who cares Dummy?

Best post you ever made!

No content.

Forum List

Back