Pentagon study dismisses risk of openly gay troops

mccain only needs to reverse his iron chastity belt and it's all good.

Unless you can hold your own Military Service up against his and say you are his equal, I would suggest you say nothing. McCain, whatever his politics, is a war hero. Are you?

Homosexuals should not be allowed to join the U.S. armed forces. Homosexuality in and of itself is an immoral criminal act. The U.S. military reputation will be harmed by way of allowing homosexuals to openly serve in its ranks.

Pentagon study dismisses risk of openly gay troops - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – Defense Secretary Robert Gates told Pentagon reporters on Tuesday that existing policies such as housing and spousal benefits for military service members "can and should be applied equally to homosexuals as well as heterosexuals."

Gates says he does not expect the Pentagon would have to rethink those policies to accommodate gays if they are allowed to serve openly in the military.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Pentagon study on gays in the military has determined that overturning the law known as "don't ask, don't tell" might cause some disruption at first but would not create any widespread or long-lasting problems.

The study found that 70 percent of troops surveyed believed that repealing the law would have mixed, positive or no effect, while 30 percent predicted negative consequences. Opposition was strongest among combat troops, with at least 40 percent saying it was a bad idea. That number climbs to 58 percent among Marines serving in combat roles.

The study also draws a strong correlation between troops who have worked with a gay service member and those who support repeal. According to the assessment, 92 percent of troops who have served with someone they believed to be gay thought that their unit's ability to work together was either very good, good, or neither good nor poor.

This doesn't come as a big surprise to say the least.

Just as they want it! You are just a pawn in their game! Your numbers, the "survey's" numbers are misleading! Try and find out what percent of the military was actually given the survey! It is rumored to be around 27% of the military. So that 92% is crap, because it is only 92% of 20-30% of the entire military. Now you make it manditory for all service members to take the survey and then we will have a real number!

This is just politics and nothing more!

Another question, how many of you on this board have or are currently serving in the U.S. military? I cannot stand it when liberal biased civilians with no military experience comment on military matters!

I have given my opinion regarding DADT before and I will not waste my time giving it again, but try to see past the politics of the matter before you just throw crap facts around! This survey is exactly what Mullen and Gates where hoping for! A half-ass survey that gave the "right" results they were looking for.

Forum List

Back