Pentagon: Project LifeLog

This is old but still very frighteningly illuminatic.

Pentagon Kills LifeLog Project

I had never heard of this project, but if this is actually what it seems, it is horrifying.

On the other hand, is this meant to be voluntary, whereby individuals would wish everything about their lives documented?

"Professor Steve Mann of the University of Toronto has spent 30 years developing a wearable camera and computer, progressing from intricate metallic headgear to dark-frame eyeglasses and a cell-phone-sized belt attachment. He is working with Samsung on a commercial version.

And Microsoft's Gordon Bell scans his mail and other papers and records phone, Web, video and voice transactions into a computerized file called MyLifeBits. The company may include the capability in upcoming products. "

BTW, welcome to the board.

This is old but still very frighteningly illuminatic.

I had never heard of this project, but if this is actually what it seems, it is horrifying.

On the other hand, is this meant to be voluntary, whereby individuals would wish everything about their lives documented?

"Professor Steve Mann of the University of Toronto has spent 30 years developing a wearable camera and computer, progressing from intricate metallic headgear to dark-frame eyeglasses and a cell-phone-sized belt attachment. He is working with Samsung on a commercial version.

And Microsoft's Gordon Bell scans his mail and other papers and records phone, Web, video and voice transactions into a computerized file called MyLifeBits. The company may include the capability in upcoming products. "

BTW, welcome to the board.

I never thought of that, but a voluntary effort from people who desire to have such a thing be part of their lives makes sense I imagine, considering that a magazine you buy would also be filed.

We all know that your online activity is filed, your texts and phone calls are filed, satellite and cable tv they know what you're watching, cell phones give your location. Don't doubt that people are watching.....and listening :eek:

Forum List

Back