Pentagon Plans to Shrink Army to Pre-World War II Level

Chinese didn't give a fuck

They would have gladly lost a million casualties. They could always replace them
The American public was tired of war and really didn't care about Korea. We would not have tolerated 100,000 dead
Your complete lack of knowledge of history is disturbing. Are you special needs?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Did Tapatalk tell you to say that?

You obviously have given up debating the facts
The facts are that democrats lost Korea by being pussies

Tapatalk say......

Truman kept Korea from escallating into WWIII
Did he now? And how did he do that?

Tapatalk say.....

He did it by ignoring the advice of MacArthur and firing his ass

Last edited:
You may have served under Reagan but you are more than mistaken in the illusions you carry on in your mind

After Carter’s second year in office military spending was boosted by 5% on an upward trajectory- continued by Reagan. During the Carter years- defense spending increased from 4.7% of GDP to 5.2% of GDP- therefore- it was pure myth that during the Carter years the military was “hollowed out” or cut is simply not true. Indeed “some” cut were being made as a result of winding up the Vietnam War and it was Carter who initiated programs to rectify this situation by creating new platforms, commission new weapons, and a surge in building “LIFT” capability (in later years this gave our military global reach). Reagan continued and expanded upon Carter’s and Secretary of Defense Brown’s policies.

I am personally a great fan of Ronald Reagan and remember his Presidency well, but in the study of history- we use time and greater time as an analytical tool to be able to reflect on events more clearly, more objectively and with less emotion- and probably- with many more facts than when events occurred.

CARTER REVISITED
Carter left our people in Iran for 444 days............................the beginnings of what we have today...............and Radical Islam as he did nothing...............

I know I got a pay raise under Reagan..........perhaps it was old legislation but I doubt it.............Reagan DID REVAMP THE MILITARY.............The old RUST BUCKETS WE SERVED ON needed to be retired.................and replaced with new ships................Which was done under Reagan............

So spare me the Peanut head was responsible junk.
now you're full of shit. The Iranians were not afraid of Reagan and they hated Carter

Reagan sent in special forces to rescue them hostages. You and your perhaps. You're an ingrate. Are you also a mental patient at the VA? BEcause if you ain't maybe you should be. Your memory and your mind are a bit scrambled
Your an Idiot..................They were released the day Reagan took office you dolt.

1/2 hour after his inauguration, in fact.

Then?

They got parts for their US made planes and all sorts of cool stuff.

Nothing to see there, right?
And for not dealing with them then, we now have a 30 year plus movement of Radical Islam and a State sponsor of terrorism..............worked out well right...............If you live under a rock.............

We should have kicked their asses then............For holding our people.............now we deal with the inaction of then..............same as North Korea and refusing to fight it as a War.

Not dealing with them?

It was Reagan's policy to ENCOURAGE them.

He was funneling money to Osama Bin Laden and his merry band of nutty Muj.

Carter left our people in Iran for 444 days............................the beginnings of what we have today...............and Radical Islam as he did nothing...............

I know I got a pay raise under Reagan..........perhaps it was old legislation but I doubt it.............Reagan DID REVAMP THE MILITARY.............The old RUST BUCKETS WE SERVED ON needed to be retired.................and replaced with new ships................Which was done under Reagan............

So spare me the Peanut head was responsible junk.
now you're full of shit. The Iranians were not afraid of Reagan and they hated Carter

Reagan sent in special forces to rescue them hostages. You and your perhaps. You're an ingrate. Are you also a mental patient at the VA? BEcause if you ain't maybe you should be. Your memory and your mind are a bit scrambled
Your an Idiot..................They were released the day Reagan took office you dolt.

1/2 hour after his inauguration, in fact.

Then?

They got parts for their US made planes and all sorts of cool stuff.

Nothing to see there, right?
And for not dealing with them then, we now have a 30 year plus movement of Radical Islam and a State sponsor of terrorism..............worked out well right...............If you live under a rock.............

We should have kicked their asses then............For holding our people.............now we deal with the inaction of then..............same as North Korea and refusing to fight it as a War.

Not dealing with them?

It was Reagan's policy to ENCOURAGE them.

He was funneling money to Osama Bin Laden and his merry band of nutty Muj.

Allegations of CIA assistance to Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to CNN journalist Peter Bergen, known for conducting the first television interview with Osama bin Laden in 1997,

The story about bin Laden and the CIA — that the CIA funded bin Laden or trained bin Laden — is simply a folk myth. There's no evidence of this. In fact, there are very few things that bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri and the U.S. government agree on. They all agree that they didn't have a relationship in the 1980s. And they wouldn't have needed to. Bin Laden had his own money, he was anti-American and he was operating secretly and independently. The real story here is the CIA did not understand who Osama was until 1996, when they set up a unit to really start tracking him.[7]

Bergen quotes Pakistani Brigadier Mohammad Yousaf, who ran the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Afghan operation between 1983 and 1987:

It was always galling to the Americans, and I can understand their point of view, that although they paid the piper they could not call the tune. The CIA supported the mujahideen by spending the taxpayers' money, billions of dollars of it over the years, on buying arms, ammunition, and equipment. It was their secret arms procurement branch that was kept busy. It was, however, a cardinal rule of Pakistan's policy that no Americans ever become involved with the distribution of funds or arms once they arrived in the country. No Americans ever trained or had direct contact with the mujahideen, and no American official ever went inside Afghanistan.[11]

Marc Sageman, a Foreign Service Officer who was based in Islamabad from 1987–1989, and worked closely with Afghanistan's Mujahideen, states that no American money went to the foreign volunteers.

Sageman also says:[12]

Contemporaneous accounts of the war do not even mention [the Afghan Arabs]. Many were not serious about the war. ... Very few were involved in actual fighting. For most of the war, they were scattered among the Afghan groups associated with the four Afghan fundamentalist parties.

No U.S. official ever came in contact with the foreign volunteers. They simply traveled in different circles and never crossed U.S. radar screens. They had their own sources of money and their own contacts with the Pakistanis, official Saudis, and other Muslim supporters, and they made their own deals with the various Afghan resistance leaders."[13]

Vincent Cannistraro, who led the Reagan administration's Afghan Working Group from 1985 to 1987, puts it,

The CIA was very reluctant to be involved at all. They thought it would end up with them being blamed, like in Guatemala." So the Agency tried to avoid direct involvement in the war, ... the skittish CIA, Cannistraro estimates, had less than ten operatives acting as America's eyes and ears in the region. Milton Bearden, the Agency's chief field operative in the war effort, has insisted that "[T]he CIA had nothing to do with" bin Laden. Cannistraro says that when he coordinated Afghan policy from Washington, he never once heard bin Laden's name.[14]

The Northern Alliance was part of the group funded by the United States. Which is a group that we supported in ousting the Taliban and Bin Laden...................

Different time, and we were attempting to oust Russia who's goal was expansion for their own goals. The Cold War, and financial collapse eventually brought them down, which is a possibility we face if we don't turn our stupid finance around.

Do you want American soldiers to occupy foreign countries where they are constantly a target?

No I want to be the most powerful military in the world always..understand?
It doesn't matter how powerful your military is. The US won't win in Afghanistan because the CIA trained the jihad in guerrilla warfare. It was called Operation Cyclone. The Mujaheddin were specifically trained in how to fight a more powerful military over a long period of time. You've now spent $2b/wk for over ten years trying to win hearts and minds in Afghanistan and the US still hasn't won yet. This doesn't tell you anything?

We were never there to Win anything. We were there for ego and retribution. Neither the President nor Congress gave us the personnel, mission nor the weapons and equipment to fight and win.

Forum List

Back