Pentagon Facing Future Recruiting Challenge Due to Lack of Candidates

I find it truly alarming, especially this: "Bacon said, “Many of our youth don’t know the Constitution” and 27 percent of high school students could not identify a single right under it."

But, hey, let's trust the government to "educate" our youth even more, eh comrades?
Most of the Constitution is of little relevance to average Americans

They want to know which Congressman best represents their interests, they do not need to know the legislative powers of Congress vs the Chief Executive
You can't be serious. You don't think that having a basic working understanding of how the government works is part of being a well informed voter? That's not to mention that this the quoted part of the article refers to what rights we all enjoy! 27% didn't know even one right enumerated in the constitution!! Do you think that is irrelevant to "average Americans"?

Oh, crap, you got me. Your trolling... Ha, ha,ha. I fell for it. That was a good one.

I find it truly alarming, especially this: "Bacon said, “Many of our youth don’t know the Constitution” and 27 percent of high school students could not identify a single right under it."

But, hey, let's trust the government to "educate" our youth even more, eh comrades?

They want to know which Congressman best represents their interests, they do not need to know the legislative powers of Congress vs the Chief Executive
You can't be serious. You don't think that having a basic working understanding of how the government works is part of being a well informed voter? That's not to mention that this the quoted part of the article refers to what rights we all enjoy! 27% didn't know even one right enumerated in the constitution!! Do you think that is irrelevant to "average Americans"?

Oh, crap, you got me. Your trolling... Ha, ha,ha. I fell for it. That was a good one.
Most Americans do not need to know what is in the Constitution
They need to know which candidate best represents them

If you ever bothered to read the Constitution, most Americans do not need to be constitutional scholars to vote

Name a part of the Constitution that a voter needs to know before voting

If you ever bothered to read the Constitution, most Americans do not need to be constitutional scholars to vote

This is the thinking that scares me the most. If you do not understand why, start a thread on it, and I will attempt to explain it....
Well, so many options.... where to start, where to start. Um, how about who is eligible to VOTE!!!!!! Kind of important, don't you think? Do YOU even know the COTUS? Are you even a citizen? Whatever, doesn't matter.

This is the thinking that scares me the most. If you do not understand why, start a thread on it, and I will attempt to explain it....
Well, so many options.... where to start, where to start. Um, how about who is eligible to VOTE!!!!!! Kind of important, don't you think? Do YOU even know the COTUS? Are you even a citizen? Whatever, doesn't matter.
FAIL

You demonstrate a complete ignorance of our Constitution. You cannot defend your position by naming one section a voter NEEDS to know

All a voter needs to do is go to register to vote and they will tell you about eligibility.

FAIL

You demonstrate a complete ignorance of our Constitution. You cannot defend your position by naming one section a voter NEEDS to know

All a voter needs to do is go to register to vote and they will tell you about eligibility.
Yup, you got me. You set a trap, and I walked right into it. Congratulations. Can we have an adult conversation, now that the juvenile bs is out of the way? Technically, you are correct. One NEED not know anything, even English, to vote. Can we agree that there are things a person really should know? Can we agree that a potential voter ought to understand how the process works well enough to be able to discern for themselves if a candidate's claims are even possible?

Forum List

Back