Pentacostal Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame=http://youtu.be/nVx0YmYPNYk]In moments like these.wmv Maranatha Singers + Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

- Psalm 62: 8

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/KybUJL-QvQ4]dwelling places Terry McAlmon - YouTube[/ame]

There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. - 1 Samuel 2: 2

All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name. - Psalm 86: 9

My soul, wait thou only upon God, for my expectation is from him. - Psalm 62: 6

He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence, I shall not be moved. - Psalm 62: 7

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/PkTO0RQp6rg]I exalt thee - Terry MacAlmon - YouTube[/ame]

Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool, for he is holy. - Psalm 99:5

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? - Isaiah 66: 1

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the firmament sheweth his handywork. - Psalm 19: 1

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/pgU48xBGy70]I Sing Praises sung by Terry MacAlmon with Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Give unto the LORD the glory due his name, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. - Psalm 29: 2

I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify thy name for evermore. - Psalm 86:12

I will bless the LORD at all times, his praise shall be continually in my mouth. - Psalm 34:1

From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD's name is to be praised. - Psalm 113: 3

Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD. - Psalm 150: 6

Serve the LORD with gladness, come before his presence with singing. - Psalm 100: 2

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and into his courts with praise, be thankful unto him and bless his name. - Psalm 100: 4

O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth. - Psalm 96: 9

O magnify the LORD with me and let us exalt his name together. - Psalm 34: 3

Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous, for praise is comely for the upright. - Psalm 33: 1

Sing unto him a new song, play skillfully with a loud noise. -Psalm 33: 3

Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. - 1 Chronicles 16: 10

And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces and worshipped God. - Rev. 11: 16

Last edited:
I envision the throne room being like this... standing before the throne of the Holy Living God with an angel standing and declaring, Look! Behold the Lord God Almighty! This song is so Holy, so scriptural, it takes my breath away! Glory to God!

[ame=http://youtu.be/Uf-Ltp3DoSk]Prepare The Way - YouTube[/ame]

Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ, as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance, but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, be holy for I am holy.

- 1 Peter: 13 - 16

Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

48. Be ye therefore—rather, "Ye shall therefore be," or "Ye are therefore to be," as My disciples and in My kingdom.

perfect—or complete. Manifestly, our Lord here speaks, not of degrees of excellence, but of the kind of excellence which was to distinguish His disciples and characterize His kingdom. When therefore He adds,

even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect—He refers to that full-orbed glorious completeness which is in the great Divine Model, "their Father which is in heaven."

Last edited:
2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

Context

Paul's Joy in the Corinthians
1Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2Make room for us in your hearts; we wronged no one, we corrupted no one, we took advantage of no one.…

Cross References

Ecclesiastes 11:10
So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless.

Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Hebrews 6:9
Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are convinced of better things in your case--the things that have to do with salvation.

1 Peter 1:15
But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;

1 Peter 1:17
Since you call on a Father who judges each person's work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear.

1 John 3:3
All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

Last edited:
Hebrews 12:28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,

Context

Our Kingdom Cannot Be Shaken
…27This expression, "Yet once more," denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; 29for our God is a consuming fire.
__________________________________-

Anything that can be shaken will be shaken and removed out of the way so that those things which cannot be shaken will remain. This is for the kingdom of God because those things that can be shaken block the view of that which cannot be shaken. It must be removed out of the way, therefore.

Last edited:
Matthew 11:12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it.Context

Jesus Testifies about John
…11"Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12"From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. 13"For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John.…

Cross References

Matthew 3:15
Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented.

Matthew 11:11
Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Matthew 11:13
For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.

Luke 16:16
"The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

Treasury of Scripture

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

And from the days of John the Baptist until now,.... From the time that he began to preach, to the then present time,

the kingdom of heaven, the Gospel, and the ministry of it, first by John, then by Christ and his apostles,

suffereth violence; or "comes with force", and power upon the souls of men: it was attended with the demonstration of the Spirit, and of power; as appeared by its being the means of quickening persons that were dead in trespasses and sins; enlightening the blind; causing the deaf to hear; melting and softening hearts of stone; making, of enemies, friends to God and Christ; turning men from the power of Satan unto God; setting at liberty such as were slaves and vassals to their own corruptions; and, in a word, in being the power of God unto salvation, to many souls: and which was further seen, in the manner it did all this; suddenly, secretly, powerfully, and effectually, and yet not against the wills of men; and by such instruments as the apostles were, poor, sinful, mortal men; read more on link above............

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. - Matt. 11:12 is my favorite bible verse in the Holy Bible.

I also like the translation that reads...........

From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been suffering violence, and the violent have been seizing it by force.

and also this translation:

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and forceful people lay hold of it.

Both translations found on the the link above. It is exactly how the Believer lays hold of heaven. Exactly.

Last edited:
The new sermon from Michael Boldea Jr. is here.

Part II on the Condundrum of Holiness was posted on his website today 8/ 17 /2014 -

Hand of Help Ministries

1 Peter 1:13-16, “Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, ‘be holy for I am holy.’”So here we are. Three verses, from the Bible, in their entirety, not taken out of context, insisting that it is incumbent upon us to actually do something, and not just sit there picking our belly button lint,or making ear wax sculptures to pass the time. ‘Heresy, I say, heresy! Are you actually saying what I think you’re saying? Are you actually putting forth the argument that Christians have to do something more than just raise a limp hand in a stadium and walk the isle in order to be forever and irrevocably saved? I’ve heard of people like you, you and your works salvation, you and your arrogant belief that man can actually do something, anything in order to facilitate holiness in his life.’

But it’s in the Bible! Right there! Didn’t change it, didn’t add to it, I quoted three verses from the first epistle of Peter that tells us we have to do more than one thing, and even more than two or three things.

First, we are instructed to gird up the loins of our mind. Granted, the meaning of this instruction has been somewhat diminished by history, but it is nevertheless understandable for anyone willing to take a breath and meditate on it. Sure, I can go into the whole Hebrews wore tunics, and they had girdles into which they tucked their tunics explanation, but what this expression actually means is to be ready, to prepare oneself, to be focused, and to be equipped.

One who has girded the up the loins of their mind will never be a reactionary. They will have prepared themselves for every eventuality, they will have steeled themselves for the attacks of the enemy, they will have equipped themselves for the fiercest of battles, and they will have disciplined themselves mentally wherein the distractions the enemy attempted were to no avail.One who is uncertain as to what they believe, and why they believe it, one who jumps from denomination to denomination as though they were playing religious hot potato, does not have the loins of their mind girded up. They are not settled, they are not focused, and they are not prepared.

When I have done as instructed and I have girded up the loins of my mind, the enemy will never again catch me off balance or on the wrong footing. I will learn to anticipate his attacks, I will learn to anticipate his tactics, and through prayer, supplication, and perseverance the fiery arrows of the enemy will be quenched before they are able to do any damage.

The second thing we are instructed to do, is to be sober. In this context, being sober does not mean sober from alcohol – although we should be sober from alcohol as well – but rather be sober minded, or fully aware and alert. One who is sober is able to evaluate and assess things correctly. One who is sober is not easily swayed by phony arguments or half-truths, because he is alert and can deduce the truth from the lie.........

continue reading on the link above.....
Michael Boldea Jr. is the grandson of Dumitru Duduman - a humble of servant of God who smuggled over one million bibles into Russia and was a friend to Richard Wurmbrand, founder of Voice of the Martyrs, and also Popov and Brother Andrew who also smuggled bibles into communist nations and behind the iron curtain to bring the gospel to those who were prevented from hearing the Word of God or having access to Bibles. We are so blessed in this country to be able to freely read the Word of God! How blessed we are to read it even on the internet! Truly America has been blessed by God. How sad to see so many taking Gods blessings for granted. This should not be. It should not be.

Last edited:
The new sermon from Michael Boldea Jr. is here.

Part II on the Condundrum of Holiness was posted on his website today 8/ 17 /2014 -

Hand of Help Ministries

1 Peter 1:13-16, “Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, ‘be holy for I am holy.’”So here we are. Three verses, from the Bible, in their entirety, not taken out of context, insisting that it is incumbent upon us to actually do something, and not just sit there picking our belly button lint,or making ear wax sculptures to pass the time. ‘Heresy, I say, heresy! Are you actually saying what I think you’re saying? Are you actually putting forth the argument that Christians have to do something more than just raise a limp hand in a stadium and walk the isle in order to be forever and irrevocably saved? I’ve heard of people like you, you and your works salvation, you and your arrogant belief that man can actually do something, anything in order to facilitate holiness in his life.’

But it’s in the Bible! Right there! Didn’t change it, didn’t add to it, I quoted three verses from the first epistle of Peter that tells us we have to do more than one thing, and even more than two or three things.

First, we are instructed to gird up the loins of our mind. Granted, the meaning of this instruction has been somewhat diminished by history, but it is nevertheless understandable for anyone willing to take a breath and meditate on it. Sure, I can go into the whole Hebrews wore tunics, and they had girdles into which they tucked their tunics explanation, but what this expression actually means is to be ready, to prepare oneself, to be focused, and to be equipped.

One who has girded the up the loins of their mind will never be a reactionary. They will have prepared themselves for every eventuality, they will have steeled themselves for the attacks of the enemy, they will have equipped themselves for the fiercest of battles, and they will have disciplined themselves mentally wherein the distractions the enemy attempted were to no avail.One who is uncertain as to what they believe, and why they believe it, one who jumps from denomination to denomination as though they were playing religious hot potato, does not have the loins of their mind girded up. They are not settled, they are not focused, and they are not prepared.

When I have done as instructed and I have girded up the loins of my mind, the enemy will never again catch me off balance or on the wrong footing. I will learn to anticipate his attacks, I will learn to anticipate his tactics, and through prayer, supplication, and perseverance the fiery arrows of the enemy will be quenched before they are able to do any damage.

The second thing we are instructed to do, is to be sober. In this context, being sober does not mean sober from alcohol – although we should be sober from alcohol as well – but rather be sober minded, or fully aware and alert. One who is sober is able to evaluate and assess things correctly. One who is sober is not easily swayed by phony arguments or half-truths, because he is alert and can deduce the truth from the lie.........

continue reading on the link above.....
Michael Boldea Jr. is the grandson of Dumitru Duduman - a humble of servant of God who smuggled over one million bibles into Russia and was a friend to Richard Wurmbrand, founder of Voice of the Martyrs, and also Popov and Brother Andrew who also smuggled bibles into communist nations and behind the iron curtain to bring the gospel to those who were prevented from hearing the Word of God or having access to Bibles. We are so blessed in this country to be able to freely read the Word of God! How blessed we are to read it even on the internet! Truly America has been blessed by God. How sad to see so many taking Gods blessings for granted. This should not be. It should not be.
Part 3 of the Holiness teaching was posted by Boldeas website today. hold on.

Hand of Help Ministr
Having girded up the loins of our minds, and having become sober, we are then instructed to rest our hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to us at the revelation of Jesus Christ. No, we ought not to rest our hope in our own abilities, or in our pastors, our denominations, or in our evangelists, but rather upon the grace that we receive at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

My hope is in Him. It is not in myself, it is not in my abilities, my hope is in Jesus, and in what He accomplished on Calvary.

‘But what about your whole holiness kick, and the things we are instructed to do? How does that fit into the hope we ought to have upon the grace we received at the revelation of Christ?’

Simply put, I know, without doubt, that if I do all that I am instructed to do via the Word of God, His grace is sufficient to carry me, no matter how far it must. I must obey the Word, and do the things it instructs me to do, knowing that in and of themselves the things I do will never get me to heaven, but also knowing that the grace I received through Christ Jesus, will.

It’s like someone with a heart condition going to the doctor and the doctor telling him he must eat better, start exercising, and watch his stress levels in order to improve his heart, and the individual saying to the doctor, ‘no I don’t, I don’t have to do any of those things, it will just get better on its own.’

The Word of God tells us to gird up the loins of our mind, it tells us to be sober, it tells us to be holy that we might be able to rest our hope fully upon the grace that was brought to us at the revelation of Jesus Christ, and many believers today are simply responding, ‘no, no we don’t, we don’t have to do any of those things!’

How is it that these selfsame individuals are beside themselves when the emptiness gets to be too much, and no one answers when they call out in their time of distress?
How can you hope to have God’s favor, how can you hope to rest fully in the grace of Christ, if you did not do what you were instructed to do by the Word of God in the first place?

Another thing we are called upon to do, another thing we are instructed to do, is not conform ourselves to our former lusts, as in our ignorance, but rather to be holy in all our conduct.

‘But how can this be when we’ve been told time and again that we can just keep on sinning, and that grace will cover it up every time?’

How can we possibly be expected not to conform ourselves to our former lusts when preachers today don’t have the wherewithal to call even the most vile of practices sin anymore?

‘Be holy? But that would mean stop sinning wouldn’t it? That would mean not returning to our own vomit like dogs so often do. That would mean actually pursuing holiness in all our conduct wouldn’t it?’

Yes, yes it would, and that is exactly what God expects of each and every single individual who calls themselves a son or daughter of His. His expectation is that we not conform ourselves to the former lusts, whatever those former lusts happened to be, but rather to be holy.

So can holiness be like a part time job? Can we be holy half the time, and then do what the flesh wants the rest of the time? Can we be holy only when we’re around other Christians, or when we’re in church but then let our hair down when no one’s around?
I will let you decide what the word ‘all’ means, since we are instructed to be holy in all our conduct. Finally, as to why we ought to be holy, it is pretty simple: because it is written, ‘be holy for I am holy.’Anything more would be superfluous.

I hope you noticed something. The Holy Spirit is working on the same theme here consistently. Be holy for I am holy says the LORD. We need to take a hold of that message and run with it because God is speaking this Word to His people! He wants us to pay attention to this because without holiness no one will see the LORD!

This from a sermon of William Gurnall entitled, "Preparation for Death".

William Gurnall -- The Christian in Complete Armour

Murderers can kill only once, but by meditating on his miseries a man kills himself a thousand times over, as often as the fear of death steals into his mind.

Once the Christian wears this armor called, "the gospel of peace" ( Ephesians 6:15) his soul is prepared for both danger and death. He sits at the feast which God in his providence has now given him and thoroughly enjoys it with no fear of a messenger of bad news knocking on his door. He can even talk about his dying hour and not spoil a crumb of his joy, as carnal men assume it must. To them the mere mention of death in the course of their "normal" interchange is like the wet cloth that Hazael slapped on the king's face. The very shock of the subject scatters all the pleasant thoughts which may have dominated the conversation only minutes before.

On the other hand, the saint whose heart is prepared never tastes more sweetness in the comforts of life than when he dips these meditations of death and eternity. It causes him no grief to think of losing his life, than it does to have the first serving of food taken away to make room for the main course. David, for example, was so little tied to this world that he could declare "I will fear no evil" - even in the "valley of the shadow of death" ( Psalm 23:4 )

And what about Peter? Did he know the secret of peace or not? He slept calmly, bound "between two soldiers" in a prison on the night before Herod "would have him brought forth" to his execution. And while these are certainly not the usual conditions for rest, he was so sound asleep that the angel had to strike him on the side to wake him ( Acts 12:6 ) I seriously question whether Herod himself slept as well that evening as his prisoner did! No doubt this "preparation of the gospel of peace" ( Ephesians 6:15) brought Peter to such divine rest. Because he was ready to die he was able to sleep.
I tell you the truth, Beloved! This is what God wants for each and every one of us! To be in the place of complete peace with Him so that if He were to take us in our sleep we would feel no fear at all! What brings such sweet consolation? Peace with God. Full surrender to the will of God is what will bring you peace in your life and that peace - the peace that passes all understanding - the peace the world cannot give you? Will be yours eternally - so long as you walk with God that peace is yours through Jesus Christ who has reconciled us to the Father. In a time when the world is so troubled - when there is so much uncertainty - God wants us to know -He has made a way for us. He has given us Jesus Christ and if we will believe upon him in our heart and confess Him with our mouth as is written in Romans 10: 8,9,10 then we will receive everlasting life. This salvation is not based upon your own goodness but upon the perfect sacrifice for our sins - the shed blood of Jesus Christ - his body crucified for our sins, Beloved. That is the exchanged life. That is the life God offers each one of us. We can have peace through any storm, through any trial, through anything if we will trust in Christ alone. He is our peace. He is our salvation. He is everything we need.

It is time to revisit this thread - as it has much scripture, sermons, great material on it. So feel free to read through and let the LORD minister to you and encourage you today!

The spirit is an odd thing.

I've had times where I gravitate towards atheism (and atheistic at one point), and other times where I've been pulled towards the apostolic/pentecostal doctrine. Currently I am agnostic, but there are days where I feel as if I have a spirit, and that, maybe, just maybe, god does exist.

It's a strange thing, and complicated. I tend to believe everyone has a dark passenger within them, to one extent or another. I struggle with my own demons, and my cynicism. Watching millionaire televangelists and preachers fleece their flocks and fattening their own purses makes me doubt. I do feel a certain amount of hatred for those who use religion as a way to gain wealth and material possessions.

I've also seen unexplainable things within small and humble apostolic-pentecostal churches that neither scientist nor atheist can or will ever explain. Part of me doubts it, and thinks they're all liars and fakers. I also suspect that there may be more than you can see.

Undecided. Limbo. Locked between a desire to believe and the skepticism. It's so complicated.

If it is any consolation to you, Wake, those who are preaching the prosperity Gospel are not of God - it is a false message that crept into the church many years ago through men such as Kenneth Copeland - these men are wolves dressed in sheeps clothing... Joel Osteen is NOT a Christian - he is one who had denied Jesus Christ and is not preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ - same goes for Rick Warren, Andrew Womack and other new agers who have crept into the church - how did they manage this? The people do not read their bibles or they would know that James 5 warns against heaping up riches in the end days - he warns that their gold and silver will testify against them. These men and their church members are going to hell if they do not repent and turn from this evil, Wake. The preachers are going to hell for preaching for money and loving money and the things of this world and the people are going to hell for giving them the money and supporting a false gospel that even made it to television airwaves because of them. So both groups are going to hell. That is what Jesus is saying in this hour to the churches - read the message to the 7 churches in Revelation, Wake - it is all there - including the deeds of the Nicolaitanes which Jesus hates ( The Roman Church is a false church )

What I would do is get into the Word of God and keep reading it - have nothing to do with the world and the worldly things such as this mafia game you are playing - you are going to have to make up your mind to depart from that sort of thing - to love the world is to be at enmity with God - that means you are making yourself an enemy of God! I believe Satan is trying to blind your eyes to the truth of the Gospel in an effort to cause you to lose your faith - I believe you still have the Spirit of God striving with you to bring you back to Jesus and you need to heed His call to come to Him fully.

The world is passing away right before our eyes, Wake. What could you possibly be waiting for? What more proof do you need? You know, I didn't even want to come to this board! I would not be here had it not been for a Jewish woman I honor and respect - to come here. This is a divine appointment that you're here, I'm here and I'm telling you what I'm telling you right now - because truthfully - I do not know how much longer I am going to post on this board - I am going to have to get into full time prayer with the LORD and although I'll be taking your screen name with me for praying over you - as I will many people on this board ( their screen names) I'm not going to be here. My threads will but I won't be here. So let's get this matter settled up now and please do what I'm asking you to do and anyone else reading going through what Wake is going through I am telling you the same thing - now is the time - today is the day - Get into the Word of God - start reading and do not stop - when you wake up in the morning and you have thoughts of sins you have committed in the past? Tell the Holy Spirit - I'm sorry - I repent of that sin - forgive me LORD - I want to fully commit myself to you and know you are near - please visit me today LORD and let me feel your presence and know that you are near - when you listen to worship music ( OLD TIME GOSPEL MUSIC NOT THIS HILLSONG JUNK - OLD TIME GOSPEL MUSIC WITHOUT THE ROCK AND ROLL BAND, PEOPLE - ) invite the Holy Spirit to come and minister to you and help you enter into God's presence. I'll pray for you today that the LORD helps you with this particular matter, Wake. I know the LORD loves you because he is saying to me, Tell him that I love him. So the LORD does love you and He obviously knows who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back