Penny Stocks? Has anyone ever invested in penny stocks and made a profit?

ThatDude30

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I have some stock market investing experience, and quite successful at it. I have always entertained the idea of investing few thousand dollars on several penny stocks that are less then one dollar a share, to acquire few thousand shares, and the stocks sky rocketing to 10, 20, maybe 100 dollars a share. I'm sure everyone would like to turn a few thousand bucks into 50, 60 thousand bucks or more. Has anyone ever took the chance with penny stocks? If so, what is your opinion on the topic?

Penny ? No . I made millions of USA pesos on "penny" stocks. Too bad you can no longer cash the Benny in for physical gold

DUUUUDE,
that's not how it works, unless you know the company is legit with legit potential.
Most penny stocks are shells and scams especially the Chinese company stocks.
Some Penny stocks are floundering companies and reverse split headaches & revolving duped investors through phoney pump and dump schemes.
The medical ones or
"metal or oil prospects" are huge money pits that require initial investors to give their shirts till reverse splits allow future patient onvestors to reep all the benefits as your 50 thousand shares reverse to 50-100 the guy buying at a fraction at the end reeps the reward and initial investors helping establish and pay the salaries all those years are left burnt.
They say stay away from any stock that goes or stays below $5. as they tend to be easy to manipulate and as they can't hold they tend to sink till obliterated.
Even day trading them can be frustrating as the market maker and range cheats and jumps over you and manipulates your bid and ask. If you ever do buy a penny stock, look at the market makers low bid in level 2 book and use that as reference to where they will be buying back the shares they sold down or shorts will cover at. Then again in selling, look at where he's selling after the bounce from that low and sell fractions before that large order sell off.
If the spread between the 2 is to slim for profit after commission then don't buy it, because they will jump your bids to squeeze you out of your profit into a loss.
THE GAME IS RIGGED whereby your bid should take their computer changes the price on ya and it's all unregulated as in they get away with it.
Have you ever seen "the Producers"? Well some brainiac thought it's a good idea to allow present shares to be BORROWED AND SHORTED in essence creating more shares of ownership then what actually exists, so if they short it to zero they never have to cover and pay out the shares like a play selling more then a 100% share ownership knowing it will never payout investors if they make the play a flop on purpose.
Once they reverse split at fractions the ceo and staff buy back the company shares and take it private again or sell it as a shell or pump and dump it again using a new name.

Some 'peny stick' companies went on to be huge;genentech, Apple, Microsoft, were 'penny stocks when they first went public, but yes, lots of scams out there, but then the Big Boards these days aren't any better now, so no matter how many buzz words and 'technical analysts' you drop and follow, you're just gambling, not 'investing', if you're not a company insider or Goldman, no different than playing slots or video poker, and gambling in a rigged game to boot.

Some 'peny stick' companies went on to be huge;genentech, Apple, Microsoft, were 'penny stocks when they first went public, but yes, lots of scams out there, but then the Big Boards these days aren't any better now, so no matter how many buzz words and 'technical analysts' you drop and follow, you're just gambling, not 'investing', if you're not a company insider or Goldman, no different than playing slots or video poker, and gambling in a rigged game to boot.

genentech, Apple, Microsoft, were 'penny stocks when they first went public

I don't believe you.

I don't believe you.

I don't care if you do or not.

I don't believe you.

I don't believe you because it's a lie.
They were all huge IPOs for big bucks.
None were penny stocks, ever in their history.

I don't believe you.

I sad I don't care what you believe. they were all in the pennies to two dollar a share range in their early histories. The company that became Genentech was at 35 cents a share at one time.

I made a huge profit on Insys Therapeutics. When the FDA approved their new method for delivering opioids it went from pennies to over $40. And there was a couple of splits along the way. That was awesome.

I've bought stock in companies that were less than 5 bucks a share and made good money but never a penny stock. That is where floundering companies go to die and take your money with them.

Not all companies' shares were traded publicly; few are in the beginning, actually, so babbling about 'IPO prices' has nothing to do with what shares originally trades at; many were sold privately first.

I don't believe you.

I sad I don't care what you believe. they were all in the pennies to two dollar a share range in their early histories. The company that became Genentech was at 35 cents a share at one time.

I don't believe you.

I sad I don't care what you believe.

It has nothing to do with what I believe. It's reality.

they were all in the pennies to two dollar a share range in their early histories.

You're wrong. The opposite of right.

On December 12, 1980, Apple launched its IPO (initial public offering) of its stock, selling 4.6 million shares at $22 per share with the stock symbol “AAPL” on the NASDAQ market.

Apple IPO makes instant millionaires, December 12, 1980

"On March 13, 1986, Microsoft had a highly successful initial public offering (IPO) at an offer price of $21. By the end of the day, the stock price had risen to $35.50, and Bill Gates made the headlines as the wealthy owner of 45 percent of the corporation’s stock."

Today in Media History: Bill Gates's Microsoft stock went public in 1986

October 14, 1980 was a wild day at the stock market. The Los Angeles Times called trading that Tuesday “a frenzy the likes of which hasn’t been seen on Wall Street since the go-go days of the 1960s.” That morning, Genentech issued a million shares of stock in its Initial Public Offering (IPO), at an opening price of $35 each. Within an hour, the stock—for those who got their hands on it—leapt to $88 a share, closing at $71.25. The Wall Street Journal called it “one of the most spectacular market debuts in recent history.”

Genentech Goes Public

Not all companies' shares were traded publicly; few are in the beginning, actually, so babbling about 'IPO prices' has nothing to do with what shares originally trades at; many were sold privately first.

so babbling about 'IPO prices' has nothing to do with what shares originally trades at; many were sold privately first.

Small, public investors, the kind who might believe your claims that Genentech, Microsoft and Apple were penny stocks at one time, are never going to qualify to invest in private placements. Your claim is irrelevant.

Forum List

Back