Pennsylvania voting machines changing votes

Yeah one faulty voting machine here and one there = tens of thousands of votes. This has been what I have been saying from the start of this voter ID crap. We need to stop wide scale voter fraud. There was a woman caught trying to vote twice she was charged with a felony. Who will be charge for this? Voter ID's don't mean dick. It's when a presidential candidate in 2004 was losing Ohio and in the span of a couple late night hours (12am -2am) miraculously pulled in over 300,000 votes (technically impossible) to win . And when 60 Ohio counties illegally destroyed all records before the set date making a recount impossible. This is the kind of voted fraud that needs to be stopped.

How do you know this was deliberate fraud?

Machines are not failsafe. I bet there are more that get the "blue screen of death" that won't make the news because that is a more obvious failure not resulting from fraud.

Every machine is hackable. And so is every voting method. There is no perfect system.

The trick is determining the difference between normal entropic failure and the actions of a malicious entity.

Don't make any assumptions.

Anyway they can think the right wing nuts will try to fix an election.
First, Citizen United Second, voter suppression.
The United States at its best.
Thank you, not, republicans.

Bullshit! Why doesn't it register Obama!
If it was the other way you would scream bloody murder.

Every machine is hackable. And so is every voting method. There is no perfect system.

The trick is determining the difference between normal entropic failure and the actions of a malicious entity.

A guy in the office voted and it gave it to the other guy, who happened to be a Congressional Dem. He demanded the machine be removed and it was. That is the way it should be! Democracy cannot be hijacked by faulty or hacked machines!

Now I just said don't make any assumptions, and there you go making one!

I'm an old school paleo-conservative Republican, so your assumption about how I would react if things went the other way is a crock.

Ever since the cries of foul over these machines began in 2000, I have been studying voting machine problems, and there have been machine failures which have failed in the Democrats favor, too.

I believe most of the issues are caused by a serious lack of training of voting precinct volunteers. Plus, many of them are little old ladies in their 70s who don't even know how to operate and maintain their answering machine, much less a sophisticated voting machine.

You are going to have your hanging chads, or you are going to have your computer software failures. Pick your poison.

Last edited:
Last edited:
A guy in the office voted and it gave it to the other guy, who happened to be a Congressional Dem. He demanded the machine be removed and it was. That is the way it should be! Democracy cannot be hijacked by faulty or hacked machines!

That is how the volunteer should have handled the case in the OP. If a voter showed the machine was malfunctioning, she should have placed it out of service until it could be examined and repaired.

The wrong light lights up- that's all we know so far, right?

Why did they have to get rid of those old style little levers, close curtain behind you machines anyway? LOL

With the paper ballot, I got my first write in vote today lol...

Wow. I did a little more digging and found this:

Electronic Voting Systems in PA

II. Voting Systems Used in Pennsylvania

The Board of Elections in each of Pennsylvania’s sixty-seven counties can choose which system voters in the county will use. There are currently ten different systems or combinations of systems in use throughout the Commonwealth:[30]

Twenty-five counties use the ES&S iVotronic, a paperless touch screen DRE system
-- Committee of Seventy: Electronic Voting Systems in PA

That was a couple of years ago. But still, that's a lot of potentially faulty voting machines out there.

Sounds like one faulty machine. The voters on either side of him did not have this problem.

[...]
Not at the same time. And to call it a problem is oversimplification. It is in fact a behavior.

If these machines are programmed to defraud they probably are set to do so intermittently and, for obvious reasons, at different times from other machines on the same premises. And if this is a legitimate revelation there is no way I can be convinced it is anything other than deliberate fraudulent programming. And it should be the subject of a full-bore FBI investigation.

Just saw on the news that Pennsylvania voting machine is giving Obama votes to Romney. There is video and the machine has been removed. Posting on my phone so please get the video and post it. Wonder what happens to votes already cast on that machine

Well , that is a first because most machines are changing the votes from Romney to Obama

Just saw on the news that Pennsylvania voting machine is giving Obama votes to Romney. There is video and the machine has been removed. Posting on my phone so please get the video and post it. Wonder what happens to votes already cast on that machine

Well , that is a first because most machines are changing the votes from Romney to Obama

I am sure that's incorrect. I have even read somewhere today that the early voting problems were usually the ones that switched Mitt votes to Obama votes.

That does not make it ok, though.

The system should be iron clad.

Any such error should be either impossible OR, failing that, it should be subject to immediate identification and rectification.

Sounds like one faulty machine. The voters on either side of him did not have this problem.

[...]
Not at the same time. And to call it a problem is oversimplification. It is in fact a behavior.

If these machines are programmed to defraud they probably are set to do so intermittently and, for obvious reasons, at different times from other machines on the same premises. And if this is a legitimate revelation there is no way I can be convinced it is anything other than deliberate fraudulent programming. And it should be the subject of a full-bore FBI investigation.

If aliens were walking amongst us, they surely would do so in a way that conceals their identity. So, there is no way I can be convinced that the absence of evidence of aliens amongst us is anything other than a deliberate deception by those ETs.

This requires a full bore FBI and CIA and MIB investigation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/embed/oOj2IPulNPA]ALERT: 2012 Voting Machines Caught Altering Votes TODAY - YouTube[/ame]

You realize that PA voting machines look nothing like that, right?

My polling place still uses a paper ballot you fill in the little oval on, and a scanner.

in any case...

Pa. machine that switched presidential votes repaired, back online | TribLIVE
Election officials in a Central Pennsylvania county fixed a malfunctioning voting machine that was the subject of a viral Election Day Internet video , the Perry County chief clerk said Tuesday afternoon.

Millerstown had a machine that registered votes for the Mitt Romney presidential ticket that were intended for President Obama, as shown on a YouTube video. County officials received a phone call about the machine just after 9 a.m., canceled and fixed the incorrect vote and recalibrated the machine, Chief Clerk Kathy Burkholder said. They believe it was miscalibrated by accident, she added.

“It was a one-time thing so far,” she said.

The machine in the video appears to be an iVotronic, the same type of machine used in Allegheny, Beaver, Butler and Westmoreland counties, experts who saw the video said. Because of its poor security features, critics have savaged the machines in recent years with one Penn State study concluding they were “insufficient to guarantee a trustworthy election” in Ohio.

The touch-screen machines can be vulnerable to wear and tear, programming problems or losing their bearings from transit between warehouses and polling places, experts said. If the calibration is off — maybe from a bump during transit or routine wear — the touch screen may improperly register where the voter touches.

problem solved

This not an assumption of any kind. After all of the bullshit legislation that republican governors and legislators tried to pass and some succeeded in a small way to suppress the vote.
The way they go about all of this it makes us sound like some 3rd world country. Purging voters from the list.

Now I just said don't make any assumptions, and there you go making one!

I'm an old school paleo-conservative Republican, so your assumption about how I would react if things went the other way is a crock.

Ever since the cries of foul over these machines began in 2000, I have been studying voting machine problems, and there have been machine failures which have failed in the Democrats favor, too.

I believe most of the issues are caused by a serious lack of training of voting precinct volunteers. Plus, many of them are little old ladies in their 70s who don't even know how to operate and maintain their answering machine, much less a sophisticated voting machine.

You are going to have your hanging chads, or you are going to have your computer software failures. Pick your poison.

It is going both ways. Machines are not perfect. I would imagine the votes are setting stone though

Just so you know, computers ARE perfect. They NEVER make mistakes. They do what they are told, what they are programmed to do.

I say that as a programmer.

Forum List

Back