Pennsylvania Primary

S

SIConservative

Today, Pennsylvanians go to the polls to elect a new Chairman of the Judiciary Committee. The choices, of course, are Arlen Specter and Jon Kyl. This is an excellent opportunity for pro-lifers to show our political strength by solving a long-standing problem. If you live in Pennsylvania, go vote. If you know people in Pennsylvania, remind them how important to cast their votes for the pro-life candidate in this extremely tight race.

Because he's not a conservative.

Given a choice, I would like to see a majority of senators whose political philosophy was economically conservative, in the vein of, say, Newt Gingrich, Phil Gramm, and/or Steve Forbes.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
why doesn't anyone like specter?

Specter is 74. He's voted very liberal on many issues. While Bush and Santorum are giving their support as they should due to seniority, Toomey and Santorum would be a good Conservative punch from PA. Both are real Conservatives on the major issues. Tommoey is also 45. I just feel that Lifers in Congress cease to do any good.

Originally posted by SIConservative
Today, Pennsylvanians go to the polls to elect a new Chairman of the Judiciary Committee. The choices, of course, are Arlen Specter and Jon Kyl. This is an excellent opportunity for pro-lifers to show our political strength by solving a long-standing problem. If you live in Pennsylvania, go vote. If you know people in Pennsylvania, remind them how important to cast their votes for the pro-life candidate in this extremely tight race.

Forever trying to take away a woman's rights...

Originally posted by nycflasher
Forever trying to take away a woman's rights...

Woman has the right to not get pregnant doesnt she? she has the right to not go fucking every guy around without protection? I think a woman has many rights? I don't have the right to kill an unborn baby, so why should woman have that right?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
so you'd like a return to a victorian puritan era?

Nah. Why settle for an illusion of purity admist hypocrisy when we can have a true age of purity?

BTW 30 mins till the polls are closed. lets see if Toomey won.

Last i heard Spector was ahead 53 to 47 but only 11% counted. its going to be a tight race.

With 77% of precincts reporting, it's Specter 51% (330K votes), Toomey 49% (321K). Very close - it ain't over yet! Another 140,000 votes to be counted and Toomey is only down by 10,000 or so.

Originally posted by SIConservative

Welcome man, always great to have another crusader for truth on these boards.:)

I truly hope that Specter sees that his liberal ways have alienated half of his party. I also hope he realizes that Bush saved his ass and his job, and that he doesn't try to stand in the way of Bush's judicial nominees if he gets the Senate Judiciary Chair.

Specter may have won the primary but im still happy with the results. We have sent a message to him that he cant take his republican base for granted. not only that he now owes President Bush for helping him be reelected so since Specter will be only of the leaders in the Judciary committee next session it means more of Bush's nominees will get a vote.

And Toomey has shown he can do well in PA. Which means it looks like we have a possible Candidate to take out Rendell in a few years.

Forum List

Back