Pennsylvania high school hockey league bans national anthem to save money on ice time

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Why the hell do we need to play the national anthem at any high school games in the first place? High school games such like baseball, football, etc, etc, etc? Standing for the national anthem at every freaking sports event is just plain boring to me. Enough of this overdone crap already. I am not totally against playing the national anthem but at every sporting event everywhere, everytime, everygame? I don't think so.

Pennsylvania high school hockey league bans national anthem to save money on ice time | Prep Rally - Yahoo! Sports

Veterans Day is usually reserved for honoring the American flag and those who fought to preserve the values it stands for. In Pennsylvania on Monday, it also oversaw ferocious debate over one of the least patriotic things possible: eliminating the playing of the national anthem from all high school hockey games...

Shut your filthy mouths...

:banana:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmlAZwQfwSA]"Forward" The American Anthem, inspired by Barack Obama - YouTube[/ame]

:lol:

Hey, heres an idea:

HS: "Sir, we are a public school without alot of money, we cant afford the entire time. We may have to cut the national anthem just to fit the game in, unless we can work something out"

Private sector ice rink owner: "OH NO....God no, dont do that. Tell you what....we'll give you 20 minutes of ice time for free, and you just pay for the rest"

HS: "Oh thank you!!"

BUT INSTEAD....

HS: "We may have to cut some time, like the anthem"
Private sector ice rink owner: "Hey, money is money, time is money. You cant afford it, you dont get time. Even at the cost of the national anthem. In fact, cut govt spending, you shouldn't pay for that time anyway with my tax dollar."

The HS didn't have to do that. The private sector ice rink could've donated the 5 minutes worth of extra time....right?

Forum List

Back