Pennsylvania drug testing welfare recipients

4th Amendment? What's that? :uhoh3:
You don't have to collect welfare, therefore you don't have to submit to the drug test. That's why it's not a violation of the 4th amendment.

It is if they share it with law enforcement.
"Scriven wrote, adding that she found it "troubling" that the drug tests are not kept confidential like medical records. The results can also be shared with law enforcement officers and a drug abuse hotline."http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/24/rick-scott-drug-testing-welfare-florida_n_1029332.html

When you get drug tested for a job and you test positive they are not sharing this information with law enforcement.
Actually, they can be for my line of work.

These (Florida and Pennsylvania's tests) are fairly obvious attempts to discourage use of public assistance by humiliating and harassing those who would apply for it.

People should be ashamed of going on the dole.

Including this guy?

First you guys castigate the poor. Then someone comes along and posts this picture and all of the sudden Obama doesn't do enough for the poor. Now that welfare comes back up they're the scum of the earth once again.

If you feel no shame then you have no pride.

If you have no pride you can justify having others pay your way.

4th Amendment? What's that? :uhoh3:
You don't have to collect welfare, therefore you don't have to submit to the drug test. That's why it's not a violation of the 4th amendment.

IMO.....Anytime the government requires you to submit to a "search" without just cause it's a violation of your 4th Amendment Right. And simply signing up for temporary assistance is not a just cause.
I have to get drug tested by the feds AND the employer to do my job. It is not illegal because it is a requirement to have my licenses in order. These people are asking for charity from the government, I have no problem forcing them to provide a drug screen as a requirement to get charity like this. If they don't want to be tested, they don't have to apply for welfare, the same way if I don't want to be tested, I can get a job in another career field if I so chose.

That's like saying people should be ashamed of contracting head lice. It's ignorance talking.

I would quite frankly be embarrassed if I got head lice.

And it's not ignorance. Shame is a useful emotion and it used to be a great motivator. We've gone all touchy feely and tell people that there is no reason on earth for people to feel ashamed so they don't and now they believe they are entitled to live on the dole.

Personally, I would pick up dog shit for a penny a pile before I took charity from anyone.

First of all there's nothing to be "embarrassed" about with head lice. Why would you feel embarrassed? Please explain.

Ya...shame is a useful emotion. Maybe we should start using "scarlet letters" to mark everyone who was unfortunate enough to lose their job and needs temporary assistance. Especially those deadbeat single mothers....

Yeah nothing at all to be embarrassed about having filthy little parasites infesting your body.

Hey let's all get together and get infested after all it's no big deal right?

BTW if I ever did get infested with parasites I would sure as shit do something about it. I wouldn't say, "I have head lice and I'm proud."

And those single mothers didn't have to have brats out of wedlock did they? And those brats have fathers that can be chased down and made to pay.

People should be ashamed of going on the dole.

Including this guy?

First you guys castigate the poor. Then someone comes along and posts this picture and all of the sudden Obama doesn't do enough for the poor. Now that welfare comes back up they're the scum of the earth once again.

who died and made you anything?

Taking drugs is a way for the very poor to deal with boredom. They don't work. The poor aren't even known for filling up their hours with volunteering. It's a form of "work" to them and work is slavery. They have nothing to do, nowhere to go.

I would quite frankly be embarrassed if I got head lice.

And it's not ignorance. Shame is a useful emotion and it used to be a great motivator. We've gone all touchy feely and tell people that there is no reason on earth for people to feel ashamed so they don't and now they believe they are entitled to live on the dole.

Personally, I would pick up dog shit for a penny a pile before I took charity from anyone.

First of all there's nothing to be "embarrassed" about with head lice. Why would you feel embarrassed? Please explain.

Ya...shame is a useful emotion. Maybe we should start using "scarlet letters" to mark everyone who was unfortunate enough to lose their job and needs temporary assistance. Especially those deadbeat single mothers....

Yeah nothing at all to be embarrassed about having filthy little parasites infesting your body.

BTW if I ever did get infested with parasites I would sure as shit do something about it. I wouldn't say, "I have head lice and I'm proud."

And those single mothers didn't have to have brats out of wedlock did they? And those brats have fathers that can be chased down and made to pay.

Skull, I admire you but you seem intent on heading to the cliff. Your child can come home with head lice from just attending school. It takes a lot of effort to be rid of that.

We have a 40% single parent birth rate. So chasing down deadbeats as we have for two decades hasnt had any effect.

Shit happens, I am sure few actually plan on being welfare moms as their lifes work.

Including this guy?

who died and made you anything?

What's the matter did i strike a nerve?

It is a pilot program and they will look at cost effectiveness. If it's not worth it, they'll scrap it - unlike the endless amount of social programs that have proven useless, but continue to be funded.

It is difficult to measure "prevention" though. The numbers may be low because parents decide to do the right thing and abstain in order to get the cash. How anyone could call that a bad thing, is beyond me.

Skull, I admire you but you seem intent on heading to the cliff. Your child can come home with head lice from just attending school. It takes a lot of effort to be rid of that.

We have a 40% single parent birth rate. So chasing down deadbeats as we have for two decades hasnt had any effect.

Shit happens, I am sure few actually plan on being welfare moms as their lifes work.

I don't care how easy it is to get head lice. I would still be embarrassed if some filthy person gave them to me.

And with the availability of free birth control in this country, anyone who doesn't want to get pregnant doesn't have to.

So if you don't want to be a single mother on the dole then don't have kids you can't afford.

I don't care how easy it is to get head lice. I would still be embarrassed if some filthy person gave them to me.

And with the availability of free birth control in this country, anyone who doesn't want to get pregnant doesn't have to.

So if you don't want to be a single mother on the dole then don't have kids you can't afford.

As if all single mothers are there by choice. That is the issue I am taking with this.

Use a blanket get blanketed.

Ask Florida how much money they wasted on less than 2% testing positive. They actually test positive at a lesser rate than the general population.

Cons are really for small government. :lol: :lol:

Judging by your post is sounds like Pennsylvania should be looking at Florida's data before implementing. Likewise, its much better to implement things at the state level than national level. For example, HEALTH CARE. This is why ObamaCare is bad and RomneyCare is OK. Thank You for playing. :lol:

Last edited:

As if all single mothers are there by choice. That is the issue I am taking with this.

I don't care how they came to be single mothers. Let them collect but they should feel embarrassed about letting other people pay their way. Maybe if there was more healthy shame in this country we'd have less people on the dole.

I don't care how they came to be single mothers. Let them collect but they should feel embarrassed about letting other people pay their way. Maybe if there was more healthy shame in this country we'd have less people on the dole.

You dont care. I got that, typical repub. I know of two families where the father passed on. But you dont care, fuck them right.

You dont care. I got that, typical repub. I know of two families where the father passed on. But you dont care, fuck them right.

I am not a repugnantcan.

Hey my father died when I was two years old.

But you know what, he did the responsible thing and bought life insurance.

And where did I say, "Fuck them"

In fact I said let them collect didn't I?

Feeling ashamed of being on the dole is not a bad thing. In fact it's just the opposite as it demonstrates pride in oneself.

Ask Florida how much money they wasted on less than 2% testing positive. They actually test positive at a lesser rate than the general population.

But Lis you know as well as I do that drug tests are easy to cheat. Not that I'm saying there's some kind of huge majority of people cheating because I couldn't possibly know that, but having been in that scene for a lot of my earlier life, I know that people who get high that end up having to take a drug test for one reason or another, WILL do what they can to cheat a test. I've done it. Many of my friends have done it.

Judging by your post is sounds like Pennsylvania should be looking at Florida's data before implementing. Likewise, its much better to implement things at the state level than national level. For example, HEALTH CARE. This is why ObamaCare is bad and RomneyCare is OK. Thank You for playing. :lol:

They did. And if people read the proposal they should have no problem with it. Probation should be doing this anyway.

After a federal judge blocked a much broader drug-test rule in Florida, Pennsylvania is taking a more careful approach. Instead of mandating drug tests for all welfare recipients, Pennsylvania plans to randomly test only those with a felony drug conviction within the past five years and those on probation for such offenses.

Read more: Pennsylvania Officials Roll Out Drug Tests For Welfare Recipients | Fox News

The problems with Liberals is you want to give the same assistance to a single mother whose husband passed on and a single mother on welfare who is to lazy to look for a job.

Yes, in both situation the kids should be taken care of. But what the mother has to do get the assistance should vary.

There's nothing wrong with assisting single Moms. It just can't become a way of life for them for years and years.

The problems with Liberals is you want to give the same assistance to a single mother whose husband passed on and a single mother on welfare who is to lazy to look for a job.

Yes, in both situation the kids should be taken care of. But what the mother has to do get the assistance should vary.

There's nothing wrong with assisting single Moms. It just can't become a way of life for them for years and years.

And there is nothing wrong with a person being ashamed of being a charity case either.

Forum List

Back