· Pennsylvania approves sharp increases for Obamacare plans.

so you are cool with a 32% increase b/c she only talked about 55%.i

leftist and math :lol:

On the contrary, I'm appalled by the mendacity and/or lack of reading skills of the posters who start these threads. Here is a list of ALL the health insurers in Pennsylvania:

Top Health Insurance Plans in Pennsylvania

Highmark is only one of many. Highmark is the one that's demanding a 32-55% increase. And demanding it doesn't mean they'll get it. And if they do, what's to stop customers from switching insurers?

The OP interprets that as being ALL insurers in the state raising rates by 55%. It's either bad lying or incredible stupidity, or perhaps a mix of both.
so what makes you think the rest won't follow and get the increase?

The same thing that inspires mattress and electronics retailers to claim they'll "beat anyone's advertised price." I.e., those famous "market forces" you all are always touting.
this does not occur when it's the government handing out our money.

just look at the cost of college. that's due to leftists giving them more and more and more, and now they want to pay an unlimited amount and call it 'free'.

The problems with health insurance began when the government allowed for-profit insurers to enter the market decades ago.

On the contrary, I'm appalled by the mendacity and/or lack of reading skills of the posters who start these threads. Here is a list of ALL the health insurers in Pennsylvania:

Highmark is only one of many. Highmark is the one that's demanding a 32-55% increase. And demanding it doesn't mean they'll get it. And if they do, what's to stop customers from switching insurers?

The OP interprets that as being ALL insurers in the state raising rates by 55%. It's either bad lying or incredible stupidity, or perhaps a mix of both.

The same thing that inspires mattress and electronics retailers to claim they'll "beat anyone's advertised price." I.e., those famous "market forces" you all are always touting.

just look at the cost of college. that's due to leftists giving them more and more and more, and now they want to pay an unlimited amount and call it 'free'.

The problems with health insurance began when the government allowed for-profit insurers to enter the market decades ago.
yes, how dare a free country allow freedom

Freedom for the CEOs and shareholders, bondage for patients. It's what started the price hikes, but you lot will never see it.

Freedom for the CEOs and shareholders, bondage for patients. It's what started the price hikes, but you lot will never see it.
you are an amazingly ignorant person.

are you even the least bit aware of how owned by ceos hillary is?

do you understand that she is at their beck and call?

you want tyranny? then vote for hillary, she will give you much much more

??? There are no sane market forces in a regulated market.

There's no such thing as an unregulated market, except in some Randian fantasy.

Only if you equivocate on the meaning of 'regulation'. Only if you are trying to shovel horseshit instead of argue your real values.

The problems began when government invited for-profit insurers into the 'regulation' game.

I was referring to legal "outs" for health insurers that occurred in the late 70s/early 80s allowing for-profit insurers into the market. This is going to be one of those things where you decide that Hillary, like Obama, is a Time Lord who can change the past, amiright?

What's Trump's "healthcare plan," again?

I was referring to legal "outs" for health insurers that occurred in the late 70s/early 80s allowing for-profit insurers into the market. This is going to be one of those things where you decide that Hillary, like Obama, is a Time Lord who can change the past, amiright?

What's Trump's "healthcare plan," again?
dunno, but I hope he removes the tyrannical aca

The problems began when government invited for-profit insurers into the 'regulation' game.

Insurers invited themselves.

That is why they have lobbyists.

In general, your point is spot on.....government and industry....a combination that the left can't resist.

I still don't buy the number as being across the board.

I am no fan of Obamacare, but this looks like some kind of hyperbolic sillyness.

If this is at all true, it would have to be an isolated instance...otherwise....

People would be going batcrap crazy.

To reiterate, the 55% figure applies to only one insurer, Highmark, and it's the outlier, with the range being 32-55%. Others are less, if anything at all.

The OP was so dazzled by the 55% figure he didn't bother to read the article.

Do you realize how many times you and I actually agree on something, but you're so busy ignoring me you never notice? It's especially funny when I post something and, half an hour later, you post the identical thought, in different words, right after my post.

Good times!

Oh, yeah 32% increase on the low end is just fucking awesome

I am no fan of Obamacare, but this looks like some kind of hyperbolic sillyness.

If this is at all true, it would have to be an isolated instance...otherwise....

To reiterate, the 55% figure applies to only one insurer, Highmark, and it's the outlier, with the range being 32-55%. Others are less, if anything at all.

Do you realize how many times you and I actually agree on something, but you're so busy ignoring me you never notice? It's especially funny when I post something and, half an hour later, you post the identical thought, in different words, right after my post.

Good times!

I didn't say it was.

My point is that Pennsylvania legislators are idiots and the OP is a lie.

But, he PROMISED. He said we could keep our plans and our doctors and that we would save $2,500/year. HE PROMISED!!!!

And there are still people on the left waiting at their mailboxes.

Meanwhile the far right is just as willing to let regulated insurance screw us.

And your sole contribution is to whine on a message board.

But, he PROMISED. He said we could keep our plans and our doctors and that we would save $2,500/year. HE PROMISED!!!!

Obamadon'tcare was not the right solution for the problem.

Obamadon'tcare was not the right solution for the problem.

The understatement of the year.

Good times!

Again, you can't honestly believe that this is really an across the board number.

That would be plastreed all over the place.

Forum List

Back