~Penn & Teller Explain Illusion~

Awww....the old saw a man in half.....disassemble people trick......revealed!!!

The Saw Trick explained - Snotr

Illusion is nothing more than distraction.

nothing more than deception. got yer d's mixed up?

That too I suppose..

Hitler, Mao, Lenin, Stalin all had their own agendas but used different tactics or deceptive applications to achieve those goals.

Pol Pot and Mao were one of the greatest magicians of all time - one convinced a brother to beat his brother with a shovel to death and the other convinced a child they needed to beat their parents to death in public as some odd form of "ethical cleansing..."

Last edited:
Illusion is nothing more than distraction.

That too I suppose..

Hitler, Mao, Lenin, Stalin all had their own agendas but used different tactics or deceptive applications to achieve those goals.

Pol Pot and Mao were one of the greatest magicians of all time - one convinced a brother to beat his brother with a shovel to death and the other convinced a child they needed to beat their parents to death in public as some odd form of "ethical cleansing..."

and in the American Civil War? brother against brother?

People are people. Societies need to make everyone a stakeholder (pc talk), a member who feels attached to the society or we get revolution or worse.

That too I suppose..

People are people. Societies need to make everyone a stakeholder (pc talk), a member who feels attached to the society or we get revolution or worse.

We're not exactly a totalitarian nation - yet.

Besides, when I said brother vs brother I mean; little brothers beating their older brothers to death with gardening tools.

Not to mention in Cambodia they had like 10-year-olds calling shots, meanwhile during the US Civil War 10-year-olds were drummer boys...

Imagine having a 10-year-old having total authority over you...

That too I suppose..

We're not exactly a totalitarian nation - yet.

Besides, when I said brother vs brother I mean; little brothers beating their older brothers to death with gardening tools.

never meant to imply we were totalitarian or even near it.

how many brothers beat each other to death? my guess is outside media reports -- not many. atrocities can happen here. until the other day people would argue Americans do not slaughter innocent families in countries we are helping. just as one soldier went mad, societies go mad. just a matter of scale.

Not to mention in Cambodia they had like 10-year-olds calling shots, meanwhile during the US Civil War 10-year-olds were drummer boys...

Imagine having a 10-year-old having total authority over you...

Child Soldiers

Military use of children - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

how many 10 year olds were calling the shots? numbers? use of children is a necessity. If groups in the USA were battling and survival was threatened, they'd use children too. We are only as civilized as we are comfortable. When in need human beings do what they have to do to survive. No one race or tribe, or culture is inherently less civilized. Choice and need

Forum List

Back