Pelosi's "Most Ethical & Transparent" Congress

Discussion in 'Congress' started by California Girl, Oct 27, 2010.

1. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I'm sure we all remember Ms Pelosi vowing to run "the most ethical and transparent Congress in history". Well, she has not. And now, we have the evidence to state it as fact, not an opinion.

My source, and I won't keep it 'secret', it is the world renowned and respected, Transparency International says this "... the following countries showed an improvement from 2009 to 2010: Bhutan, Chile, Ecuador, FYR Macedonia, the Gambia, Haiti, Jamaica, Kuwait, and Qatar. The following countries showed deterioration from 2009 to 2010: the Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Madagascar, Niger and the United States."

We now rank just 22nd in the world with a ranking of 7.1 for ethics and transparency. So, my Democrat friends, are you still going to beat up the previous Administration and ignore the utterly contemptible behavior of this one?

Transparency International - the global coalition against corruption

Read it and weep.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. PixieStix

PixieStix Coal Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,261
    Way to go lefties. This is what towing an intellectually dishonest line gets you.
    Keep it up, I am sure we will be able to make it onto another list before long.

Keep putting people like this in office, maybe we will have a despot, tyrant or dictator running everything before your lives are over :clap2:

3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    They'll ignore it. After all, the source is not the HuffPuff. I haven't linked to a media site that explains the information to provide the left with their counter arguments. Interestingly, I cannot find one single left leaning media outlet who has covered this information. Hmmmm. I wonder why? :confused:

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Hmmmm. Is the subject matter above the pay grade of the whining lefties?

No counter argument from Fail&Go? Color me Shocked Pink!

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,776
    I can't wait til Tues.

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    "Halloween is the scariest day of the year, except for Democrats. For them, it's November 2." Jay Leno. :lol:

7. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,784
    Have no fear CG, Pelosi still has 5 days to "Drain the Swamp." LOL

8. Dr.House

Dr.House Lives on in syndication!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,488
    This thread is classified as "VFL"... Very Few Liberals will respond...

Pretty sad when Bhutan is kicking your ass in ethics and transparency...

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,887
    Transparency International...is that a wing of the UN?

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    What's the matter, Ravi? You can't deal with the facts so you're trying to go after the source? That's a fail too. If anything, they're more likely to be left leaning than a 'conservative' organization. You could find out for yourself, simply by looking at the link I provided but - as that appears to be too complicated for you - I'll do it for you.

Transparency International, the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption, brings people together in a powerful worldwide coalition to end the devastating impact of corruption on men, women and children around the world.
    TI’s mission is to create change towards a world free of corruption.

Transparency International challenges the inevitability of corruption, and offers hope to its victims. Since its founding in 1993, TI has played a lead role in improving the lives of millions around the world by building momentum for the anti-corruption movement. TI raises awareness and diminishes apathy and tolerance of corruption, and devises and implements practical actions to address it.

Transparency International is a global network including more than 90 locally established national chapters and chapters-in-formation. These bodies fight corruption in the national arena in a number of ways. They bring together relevant players from government, civil society, business and the media to promote transparency in elections, in public administration, in procurement and in business. TI’s global network of chapters and contacts also use advocacy campaigns to lobby governments to implement anti-corruption reforms.

Politically non-partisan, TI does not undertake investigations of alleged corruption or expose individual cases, but at times will work in coalition with organisations that do.

TI has the skills, tools, experience, expertise and broad participation to fight corruption on the ground, as well as through global and regional initiatives.

Now in its second decade, Transparency International is maturing, intensifying and diversifying its fight against corruption.

about us

Any comments on the Democrats leading us down the world ranking in 'ethics and transparency'?