Pelosi's "Most Ethical & Transparent" Congress

Oct 8, 2009
I'm sure we all remember Ms Pelosi vowing to run "the most ethical and transparent Congress in history". Well, she has not. And now, we have the evidence to state it as fact, not an opinion.

My source, and I won't keep it 'secret', it is the world renowned and respected, Transparency International says this "... the following countries showed an improvement from 2009 to 2010: Bhutan, Chile, Ecuador, FYR Macedonia, the Gambia, Haiti, Jamaica, Kuwait, and Qatar. The following countries showed deterioration from 2009 to 2010: the Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Madagascar, Niger and the United States."

We now rank just 22nd in the world with a ranking of 7.1 for ethics and transparency. So, my Democrat friends, are you still going to beat up the previous Administration and ignore the utterly contemptible behavior of this one?

Transparency International - the global coalition against corruption

Read it and weep.

Way to go lefties. This is what towing an intellectually dishonest line gets you.
Keep it up, I am sure we will be able to make it onto another list before long.

Keep putting people like this in office, maybe we will have a despot, tyrant or dictator running everything before your lives are over :clap2:

• Banned
Way to go lefties. This is what towing an intellectually dishonest line gets you.
Keep it up, I am sure we will be able to make it onto another list before long.

Keep putting people like this in office, maybe we will have a despot, tyrant or dictator running everything before your lives are over :clap2:

They'll ignore it. After all, the source is not the HuffPuff. I haven't linked to a media site that explains the information to provide the left with their counter arguments. Interestingly, I cannot find one single left leaning media outlet who has covered this information. Hmmmm. I wonder why? :confused:

• Banned
Hmmmm. Is the subject matter above the pay grade of the whining lefties?

No counter argument from Fail&Go? Color me Shocked Pink!

This thread is classified as "VFL"... Very Few Liberals will respond...

Pretty sad when Bhutan is kicking your ass in ethics and transparency...

Transparency International...is that a wing of the UN?

What's the matter, Ravi? You can't deal with the facts so you're trying to go after the source? That's a fail too. If anything, they're more likely to be left leaning than a 'conservative' organization. You could find out for yourself, simply by looking at the link I provided but - as that appears to be too complicated for you - I'll do it for you.

Transparency International, the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption, brings people together in a powerful worldwide coalition to end the devastating impact of corruption on men, women and children around the world.
TI’s mission is to create change towards a world free of corruption.

Transparency International challenges the inevitability of corruption, and offers hope to its victims. Since its founding in 1993, TI has played a lead role in improving the lives of millions around the world by building momentum for the anti-corruption movement. TI raises awareness and diminishes apathy and tolerance of corruption, and devises and implements practical actions to address it.

Transparency International is a global network including more than 90 locally established national chapters and chapters-in-formation. These bodies fight corruption in the national arena in a number of ways. They bring together relevant players from government, civil society, business and the media to promote transparency in elections, in public administration, in procurement and in business. TI’s global network of chapters and contacts also use advocacy campaigns to lobby governments to implement anti-corruption reforms.

Politically non-partisan, TI does not undertake investigations of alleged corruption or expose individual cases, but at times will work in coalition with organisations that do.

TI has the skills, tools, experience, expertise and broad participation to fight corruption on the ground, as well as through global and regional initiatives.

Now in its second decade, Transparency International is maturing, intensifying and diversifying its fight against corruption.

about us

Any comments on the Democrats leading us down the world ranking in 'ethics and transparency'?

WOW! I would expect some heart felt rebuttal from the left on this board. Even if it was an emotional response. :lol:

So did I, to be honest. I expected at least truthmatters to wade in to explain it. I guess she hasn't received her talking points from Media Matters on this yet. Or maybe Fail&Go with a link to the HuffyPuffy to dismiss it as racist or inaccurate right wing propaganda.

Not one of the US news organizations is covering it. Not one. What a crock of shit we have for media. No doubt it's nowhere near as vital as what Sarah Palin may or may not have said today but, I for one, see this as quite a significant issue for the country.

I'm sure we all remember Ms Pelosi vowing to run "the most ethical and transparent Congress in history". Well, she has not. And now, we have the evidence to state it as fact, not an opinion.

My source, and I won't keep it 'secret', it is the world renowned and respected, Transparency International says this "... the following countries showed an improvement from 2009 to 2010: Bhutan, Chile, Ecuador, FYR Macedonia, the Gambia, Haiti, Jamaica, Kuwait, and Qatar. The following countries showed deterioration from 2009 to 2010: the Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Madagascar, Niger and the United States."

We now rank just 22nd in the world with a ranking of 7.1 for ethics and transparency. So, my Democrat friends, are you still going to beat up the previous Administration and ignore the utterly contemptible behavior of this one?

Read it and weep.

I did read it. Clearly I find the results perplexing, but without taking the time to go into the detail and methodology I still do not see a direct correlation to the Congress and your broad and sweeping generalization of the Speaker.
When speaking of "public" corruption, and in light of the Abramoff Scandal as well as the lack of transparency by Bush & Cheney (remember, "Executive Privilege" assertions, and in particular Mr. Cheney's Energy Commission and Powell's performance in 2002 before the UN?) I am not convinced one study by one organization is convincing, and in particular proof that Congress, per se, is the problem.
It is (I admit, grudgingly) one bit of evidence that our country needs to become more transparent; how probative of the conclusion you drew from the source is the question.

PS,
In response to Meister, whose rather dumb and willfully ignorant I'm compelled to respond to his post above. I do read and consider many of the links provided. Reading things critically and thinking requires some time, maybe you might consider doing that one of these days.

PSS,

Corruption implies bribes and unfair business practices. It seems under Bush&Cheney government provided no bid contracts as a common(?) practice. Is there any data to compare this practice with the Obama Adminstration? On first blush I find no-bid contacts at best suspect.

Last edited:

Read it and weep.

I did read it. Clearly I find the results perplexing, but without taking the time to go into the detail and methodology I still do not see a direct correlation to the Congress and your broad and sweeping generalization of the Speaker.
When speaking of "public" corruption, and in light of the Abramoff Scandal as well as the lack of transparency by Bush & Cheney (remember, "Executive Privilege" assertions, and in particular Mr. Cheney's Energy Commission and Powell's performance in 2002 before the UN?) I am not convinced one study by one organization is convincing, and in particular proof that Congress, per se, is the problem.
It is (I admit, grudgingly) one bit of evidence that our country needs to become more transparent; how probative of the conclusion you drew is the question.

Let this be a lesson to you. When I state something like 'that's fact', take it to the bank. When I can, I will absolutely share the data lock, stock and two smoking barrels, sometimes, I can't so you have to go dig for it from elsewhere. That's inconvenient but nothing I can do about it.

However, let's address this accusation about my 'sweeping generalization' of Pelosi. Which bit of what I said is inaccurate. Did she not promise to run the most ethical and transparent congress in the history of the United States? Yes. She did. No sweeping, no generalization. Just stating a fact.

Has the United States - according to the source I provided (which you yourself says appears solid), say that the US has 'deteriorated during 2009/10? Yes.

Has the United States slipped to #22 in the world rankings? Yes.

So, there is no 'sweeping generalization'. It's a fact.

Read it and weep.

It is (I admit, grudgingly) one bit of evidence that our country needs to become more transparent; how probative of the conclusion you drew is the question.

Let this be a lesson to you. When I state something like 'that's fact', take it to the bank. When I can, I will absolutely share the data lock, stock and two smoking barrels, sometimes, I can't so you have to go dig for it from elsewhere. That's inconvenient but nothing I can do about it.

However, let's address this accusation about my 'sweeping generalization' of Pelosi. Which bit of what I said is inaccurate. Did she not promise to run the most ethical and transparent congress in the history of the United States? Yes. She did. No sweeping, no generalization. Just stating a fact.

Has the United States - according to the source I provided (which you yourself says appears solid), say that the US has 'deteriorated during 2009/10? Yes.

Get over yourself. You posted, "I'm sure we all remember Ms Pelosi vowing to run "the most ethical and transparent Congress in history". Well, she has not. And now, we have the evidence to state it as fact, not an opinion".

Unless you find and post where in the Link the Speaker is singled out as a source of corruption you will live with the title of partisan hack. Granted, I did not go through the link in detail, and since posting suggests you at least read it, post the evidence in re Pelosi's corruption from this link or forever remain the partisan lying hack I suspect you are.

Get over yourself. You posted, "I'm sure we all remember Ms Pelosi vowing to run "the most ethical and transparent Congress in history". Well, she has not. And now, we have the evidence to state it as fact, not an opinion".

Unless you find and post where in the Link the Speaker is singled out as a source of corruption you will live with the title of partisan hack. Granted, I did not go through the link in detail, and since posting suggests you at least read it, post the evidence in re Pelosi's corruption from this link or forever remain the partisan lying hack I suspect you are.

"The Buck Stops Here".

She promised us, not just an ethical congress but THE MOST ethical congress. The cap fits her, she can wear it. I have not claimed that SHE as an individual is corrupt, you fucking moron. Stop twisting and whining because you can't handle the facts.

So, CG, you've moved on to another thread, posting the same study without my comments on a thread I started (U.S. Can't Account for Cash )hoping to mislead others. Claiming the Speaker will one day be held accountable for the $ Billions missing is further evidence you really are a lying partisan hack.
You have not an ounce of integrity or credibility.

So, CG, you've moved on to another thread, posting the same study without my comments on a thread I started (U.S. Can't Account for Cash )hoping to mislead others. Claiming the Speaker will one day be held accountable for the $ Billions missing is further evidence you really are a lying partisan hack.

:cuckoo:

I didn't claim that. You need to brush up on your comprehension skills. I speculated that she might be. That is all. In fact, it was that post (one that I posted before you came into this thread) so I think the one with a credibility problem is you.

You have not an ounce of basic comprehension - so I'm not worried what you think of my integrity.

Hell, more than once on this forum you have out and out lied about what I've said. Apparently, you can't tell the difference between me and PolChic. Idiot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back