Pelosi's (D) tries to reason w/ Boehner (R)

Be honest....

Do you think the democratic led Senate will ever pass a budget before November 2012?

Yes. I don't think they will play politics with such an important issue. If they try, they won't get away with it.

Hmmmm....i don't know. I mean are you suggesting that a politician won't play politics? :eek: Isn't that a little like suggesting that a snake won't slither?

She's right!!! :mad: Don't walk away from millions of working people because you want to attach ANOTHER rider to a bill :eusa_doh: to score political points. :eusa_naughty: I know because I got her Tweet :)

Pelosi Letter to Boehner: Do Not Walk Away from the American People Again | The Gavel
In a letter to Speaker Boehner, Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi reminded him that Republicans last year held hostage the payroll tax cut and extension of unemployment benefits, demanding that the Bush upper-income tax cuts must be extended for two years, and have walked away from numerous bipartisan efforts this year.

Pelosi wrote that she is “hopeful that reason will prevail in your Conference” to pass the bipartisan Senate compromise to extend the payroll tax.

And how exactly does the extension on the payroll tax cut help the economy in any significant way? Fail. That's not where the real action is. In any event, it is the Dims who say "yes" to a two-month extension and "no" to a year-long extension because certain riders that would in fact help the economy tremendously are attached to the latter.

Reason? Dims?

LOL!

Last edited:
Why shouldn't the Democrats PLAY their stupid games.

They know their dumb sheep will fall for it..and then pass it around..

man oh man...what a sad state when they post crap from Pelosi who should be kicked out of congress for all her shady dealings. yet they applaud her.
Pelosi's first order of business as Speaker was to announce "Impeachment (of Bush) is off the table!" So if the Democrats didn't get rid of her for that outrage they certainly won't do anything now -- and she knows it. Her trying to reason with Boehner is like a chicken trying to reason with a hawk.
Bu$h II you say?

85477825.jpg

but then realizes she completely lacks the skills necessary.

It turns out, to her utter dismay, that she would have to have the ability to engage in reason.

Well look Dot Com....why don't you respond to this?

Guys this is all politics. Look, here's the deal. The bill originally passed the House on December 13 over the opposition of 179 Democrats. (1) It went to the Senate but would not pass because the Democrats have the majority of the votes. So to get it passed it was amended and passed the Senate with unanimous consent.(2) Since it's been changed it must go back to the House and the sticking point is the length of time.

If it's only a two month extension what will happen is that it will keep being extended over and over for short periods of time. That's exactly what the Democrats want because it will enable them and Obama to claim that they are continuously fighting for tax cut and unemployment extensions and they can spin it to look like Republicans are obstructing. The Republicans want a full year so they can claim they provided financial relief to the working and the unemployed for a full year instead of the little bits and pieces the Democrats are offering and it not only takes away a possible line of attack by Obama and the Democrats during the election season, but creates one of their own.

Both sides are playing politics. In the end, it will get done because both sides need it to get done.

You are the one spinning like it's the Republicans but the vote total are what they are. It's the Democrats that have voted against this extension and I have provided the evidence to prove it. Yet your premise is a spin that it's the GOP's fault. 179 Democrats voted to deny a tax break extension and to deny unemployed workers an extension on benefits. Explain that Dot Com

Well look Dot Com....why don't you respond to this?

Guys this is all politics. Look, here's the deal. The bill originally passed the House on December 13 over the opposition of 179 Democrats. (1) It went to the Senate but would not pass because the Democrats have the majority of the votes. So to get it passed it was amended and passed the Senate with unanimous consent.(2) Since it's been changed it must go back to the House and the sticking point is the length of time.

If it's only a two month extension what will happen is that it will keep being extended over and over for short periods of time. That's exactly what the Democrats want because it will enable them and Obama to claim that they are continuously fighting for tax cut and unemployment extensions and they can spin it to look like Republicans are obstructing. The Republicans want a full year so they can claim they provided financial relief to the working and the unemployed for a full year instead of the little bits and pieces the Democrats are offering and it not only takes away a possible line of attack by Obama and the Democrats during the election season, but creates one of their own.

Both sides are playing politics. In the end, it will get done because both sides need it to get done.

You are the one spinning like it's the Republicans but the vote total are what they are. It's the Democrats that have voted against this extension and I have provided the evidence to prove it. Yet your premise is a spin that it's the GOP's fault. 179 Democrats voted to deny a tax break extension and to deny unemployed workers an extension on benefits. Explain that Dot Com

Riders perhaps as I already discussed in the OP? ;) As was also explained, Boehner (R) refused to let a vote go frwd on the Senate plan.

Riders perhaps as I already discussed in the OP. As also was explained, Boehner (R) refused to let a vote go frwd on thew Senate plan.

Because the Republicans want to help the unemployed and underemployed for a year instead of two months. It's been the Democrats holding this up from the beginning and the votes in Congress are evidence of it. 179 Democrats opposing vs 10 Democrats approving....yeah you are really the party of the poor and needy arent you? Republicans want a one year extension to help the poor and needy, your party wants two months. Good for you guys Dot Com. Good for you.

At any rate, I never thought I'd say this, but "I miss Tom Delay".

At least "The Hammer" wasn't a ginormous pussy who was completely incapable of keeping his party in check. This is twice now that Boehner has capitulated to a small caucus within his own party.

my gawd...so a party has to be in lockstep, is that what you are saying? Just like the Democrat party is?
No wonder you all loved Pelsoi, she used BRIBES, threats of their jobs, or else just down right bow beat them...
How damn pathetic can you be.

Get real. The Tea Bagged House Republicans have employed every trick to stall or derail EVERYTHING so they can point at Obama and stick out their tongues. Boner's too weak to get around that and do what he was supposed to do -- LEAD. By contrast, Pelosi got things done. You said so yourself.

Last edited:
Riders perhaps as I already discussed in the OP. As also was explained, Boehner (R) refused to let a vote go frwd on thew Senate plan.

Because the Republicans want to help the unemployed and underemployed for a year instead of two months. It's been the Democrats holding this up from the beginning and the votes in Congress are evidence of it. 179 Democrats opposing vs 10 Democrats approving....yeah you are really the party of the poor and needy arent you? Republicans want a one year extension to help the poor and needy, your party wants two months. Good for you guys Dot Com. Good for you.

Republicans want to help the poor and needy? Did you really say that? Seriously?

LOL. But Boner and the GOP folded, and now will pass it.

But the stench of their opposition to a tax break for the working and middle class, while advocating tax breaks for the very wealthy continues to hang around them. What a gift to take into 2012. The GOP fools took the President's bait hook, line, and sinker.

So, after all the rhetoric, Boner looks like an incompetant fool, the GOP look like Grinchs, or even GinGrinches. You gotta love this bunch.

It turns out, to her utter dismay, that she would have to have the ability to engage in reason.

But Boner folded and ran like a dog with his tail tucked between his legs. I would say that Pelosi showed him reason. Reason enough for the whole of the GOP to have made themselves look like complete idiots on this issue.

Interesting to see Repugs fighting Repugs. And the rest of us sitting back and enjoying the show.

But Boner folded and ran like a dog with his tail tucked between his legs. I would say that Pelosi showed him reason. Reason enough for the whole of the GOP to have made themselves look like complete idiots on this issue.

Interesting to see Repugs fighting Repugs. And the rest of us sitting back and enjoying the show.

It's more fun than watching Celebrity Rehab Club.

You think it's funny watch Republicans fighting Republicans. at least they still have SOME in the party who think independently.

Unlike the Democrat party who walk in lockstep with no opposition or Independent thoughts to anything of their Dear Leader and shove shit bill after shit bill upon us American citizens..

Like a TWO FRIGGEN MONTH extension of whatever which is basically,, NOTHING.

Last edited:
You think it's funny watch Republicans fighting Republicans. at least they still have SOME in the party who think independently.

Unlike the Democrat party who walk in lockstep with no opposition or Independent thoughts to anything of their Dear Leader and shove shit bill after shit bill upon us American citizens..

Like a TWO FRIGGEN MONTH extension of whatever which is basically,, NOTHING.

Democrats destroying SS for a measly 25 cents an hour

When you are living on the margin, $40 means a lot.

It is hard to treat the democrats histrionics seriously when all they are offering is two months of relief though.

pretty hard to take the speaker of the house seriously when he cuts a deal and then renigs because his undelings took him to task for thinking the speaker had power to cut a deal.

How stupid is the current speaker?

Until you realize that the Democrats DO NOT want to extend the "tax cut" (Is it not more like a social security fee paid to the government. Ok I guess you can call it a tax), you do not how the Republicans can win or lose.

Republicans want either a full year extension or none at all. The Democrats are playing for "None At All" while trying to dodge the political dodge ball that accompany. Do you understand? The Dems kicked the can down the road in hopes that Boehner and the House Republicans will go for "None At All".

And Boehner, with all of his grand standing, almost screwed it up! By the way, the President a Democrat. Why does he have to answer to the whims of a Republican speaker? Call back the Senate? Obama wants them to disappear! I bet he was trying to send a telepathic message to Reid that went "Go back to Nevada! Stop talking to Boehner and go back home!!"

You do not win at politics unless you acomplish what you want. Neither side won, but the Dems almost routed the Republicans on this issue. And I find that a bit hilarious considering that the Repubicans had all the trumps to start with!!

Forum List

Back