Pelosi's Big Fat Jet

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
"Where the hell does she get off thinking she is entitled to a military salute?"
This comment from Stan Elsea, Col. USAF ret.

A retired Pan Am, ex Delta pilot, who is supplementing his meager "Delta" retirement at the age of 70+ as a simulator instructor in South Florida . He does recurrent training for the Air Force pilots that have to fly Pelosi's Jet, (see below), he told me last week, that the last Pelosi Pilots he had in the Sim told him that they now have to "Salute" her

Pelosi.jpg

This Jet is the USAF C-32, Boeing 757, that MADAME PELOSI uses.

Madame Pelosi wasn't happy with the small jet USAF C-20B, Gulfstream III, that comes with the Speaker's job...no, Madame Pelosi was aggravated that this little jet had to stop to refuel, so she ordered a Big Fat 200-seat USAF C-32, Boeing 757 jet that could get her back to California without stopping!

Many, many legislators walked by and grinned with glee as Joe informed everyone that Nancy 's Big Fat Jet costs us, the hard working American tax payers, thousands of gallons of fuel every week. Since she only works 3 days a week, this gas guzzling jet gets fueled and she flies home to California , cost to the taxpayers of about $60,000, one way! As Joe put it, 'Unfortunately we have to pay to bring her back on Monday night.' Cost to us another $60,000.

Folks, that is $480,000 per month and that is an annual cost to the taxpayers of $5,760,000. No wonder she complains about the cost of this war...it might cramp her style and she is styling, on my back and yours. I think of the military families in this country doing without and this woman, who heads up the most do-nothing Congress in the history of this country keeps fueling that jet while doing nothing.

Madame Pelosi wants you and me to conserve our carbon footprint. She wants us to buy smaller cars and Obama wants us to get a bicycle pump and air up our tires.

If you think this is outrageous, forward it to all those on your email list! Keep in mind the figures above do NOT include cost of plane or crew, just fuel!
One wonders what her total package cost us? And she wants to tax our IRA's & 401 K's!

Who authorizes this expenditure?

And why does she get this for being the Speaker of the House, while all of the other Reps don't get private planes (or maybe they do)?

And what is wrong with the Gulfstream? Hasn't she ever heard of mid-air refueling?

Nancy Pelosi is an ass. She thinks way too highly of herself. Let's see what happens next time she comes up for re-election ... it's been said that her constituents are not so happy with her these days.

Seemed a little strange so I checked to see what snopes had to say

snopes.com: Nancy Pelosi's Jet

It was a Bush decision to make military aircraft available to the third person on the presidential secession.

Pelosi only used the larger plane on one occaision

Seemed a little strange so I checked to see what snopes had to say

snopes.com: Nancy Pelosi's Jet

It was a Bush decision to make military aircraft available to the third person on the presidential secession.

Pelosi only used the larger plane on one occaision

yep...after 911 bush didn't want her flying commercial....

and bush backed her up on the larger plane that could fly non stop...if they had a smaller plane that could, they would use that, the WH determined that security dictated she be provided with a plane that could deliver her non stop....

being 3rd line, i don't see a problem with this....its not as if she uses a jumbo jet to hop over to NY to have a quick date....

If you think this is outrageous, forward it to all those on your email list! Keep in mind the figures above do NOT include cost of plane or crew, just fuel!

One of the clues that it is time to check snopes

Republican or Democrat the poster has a point, The Speaker of the House does NOT need a personal 757-200 to fly around on be it Hastert, Pelosi, or whoever comes next. I find it a little more than dishonorable to stand in front of a camera and preach to the American people about car executives using private aircraft to come to congress to beg for money when that same congress both sides of the isle, have little compunction for spendfng it themselves as is the case with this Aircraft.

Yeah, I remember when Bush gave the go ahead with this venture. Once again this is why I did dislike Bush...money was no object to him.
She is an elitist egomaniac like a lot of the politicians in DC. All the policies having to do with "green" is for the everyday American and not for them. They only need to talk the talk, no need to walk the walk, because they are above it. Just like the healthcare reform, it will be for the everyday joe, and not for the elite.
I'm not doing a class envy thing, as I don't think that would apply for the people who we vote for, and they are to serve us, not us serve them. But, "a funny thing happened on the way to the forum...."

Yeah, I remember when Bush gave the go ahead with this venture. Once again this is why I did dislike Bush...money was no object to him.
She is an elitist egomaniac like a lot of the politicians in DC. All the policies having to do with "green" is for the everyday American and not for them. They only need to talk the talk, no need to walk the walk, because they are above it. Just like the healthcare reform, it will be for the everyday joe, and not for the elite.
I'm not doing a class envy thing, as I don't think that would apply for the people who we vote for, and they are to serve us, not us serve them. But, "a funny thing happened on the way to the forum...."

So true. The smucks in DC are exempt from the primo healthcare plan they are trying to ram down our throats. Says it all for me.

As for Pelosi she's a flamming idiot. The woman is 3rd iin line for the throne. Jeeze what a horrendous thought. President Pelosi. Gag me. The universal salute works for her, big time.

Description: The small VCX (C-37A) is a long range executive passenger jet that will provide
worldwide air transportation for the Vice President, cabinet members, congressional delegations,
Presidential emissaries and other high ranking dignitaries of the United States. The large VCX (C-
32A) is a Boeing 757-200 passenger jet. The large VCX aircraft are being acquired under a lease
with option to purchase contract. These aircraft will replace the current C-137 fleet. The seven
aircraft C-137 fleet averages 35 years, is costly to operate, and lacks the performance and safety
features common in commercial airlines. The FY 1998 budget request funds the procurement of two
large VCX aircraft. The C-37A aircraft will be acquired through a competitively awarded contract.
The C-32A aircraft contractor is Boeing, Seattle, WA.

Here you are it's on page 19 if you want to know how much it cost.

http://www.fas.org/man/docs/fy98/wpnbk.pdf

Republican or Democrat the poster has a point, The Speaker of the House does NOT need a personal 757-200 to fly around on be it Hastert, Pelosi, or whoever comes next. I find it a little more than dishonorable to stand in front of a camera and preach to the American people about car executives using private aircraft to come to congress to beg for money when that same congress both sides of the isle, have little compunction for spendfng it themselves as is the case with this Aircraft.

It seems that the details of the post are not true, and for that I appologize to all.

Perhaps it's worth comparing the essence of the post with earlier political figures:

"When his presidency ended in January 1953, Harry S Truman took a train home to Independence, Missouri, paying for his own rail ticket,..."
Travel | Journal & Topics Newspapers Online

Forum List

Back