Pelosi--when all else FAILS blame it on Bush--now CIA lied to her!

what pelosi knew isn't the issue.... .

she didn't order torture. and i don't think anyone's saying she should get a pass if she knew it was going on.
so let's go on with the truthiness stuff.

the right needs to stop obfuscating.

or do we want to play ron paul's game and hope "it's a distraction that keeps the administration from doing the things it wants to do"?
then why did she lie about it?
telling 5 different stories is covering up for something

because she's a schmuck....

seriously, if she lied and knew, that will have to come out.

personally, i think this is an intentional distraction cause no one is really defending her... they're just saying, it's a side-issue and not the ball of wax. i think you'd agree with that.

she didn't order torture. and i don't think anyone's saying she should get a pass if she knew it was going on.

or do we want to play ron paul's game and hope "it's a distraction that keeps the administration from doing the things it wants to do"?

personally, i think this is an intentional distraction cause no one is really defending her... they're just saying, it's a side-issue and not the ball of wax. i think you'd agree with that.
if she hadnt lied, it wouldnt be an issue at all
LOL
san fran nan did it to herself

of course it couldn't be that no one is defending her BECAUSE they know she is guilty and they are throwing her to the wolves in the hopes the wolves (which pelosi unleashed) quiet down after eating her up.....

I dont like Pelosi, Whether she knew waterboarding was being used or not, matters little to me. What does matter is Bush and Cheney admitted approving it, along with the other atrocities. The republicans are using her gaff as a manner to keep it from falling into oblivion.
yeah, jim, its all Bush's fault Pelosi has told 5 different stories
:rolleyes:

I could give a flip about Pelosi. The GOP is using her problems to avoid the real point of this whole exercise. The real issue is that Bush and Cheney ordered the torture. That will always be the point.

I could care less about Pelosi. The predicament that we seemed to have gotten into, since the Bush administration has now changed the moral standing of our country, is will the next republican administration, if one is elected, revert to the convoluted legal opinions from the waterboarding days? That is an interesting question to ponder, isn't it?

So what do you think? Will they revert to the dark ages once again?

I dont like Pelosi, Whether she knew waterboarding was being used or not, matters little to me. What does matter is Bush and Cheney admitted approving it, along with the other atrocities. The republicans are using her gaff as a manner to keep it from falling into oblivion.

I could give a flip about Pelosi. The GOP is using her problems to avoid the real point of this whole exercise. The real issue is that Bush and Cheney ordered the torture. That will always be the point.

I could care less about Pelosi. The predicament that we seemed to have gotten into, since the Bush administration has now changed the moral standing of our country, is will the next republican administration, if one is elected, revert to the convoluted legal opinions from the waterboarding days? That is an interesting question to ponder, isn't it?

one word....rendition......

no, thr point is that EVERYONE in congress was just as responsible
nothing happens in the country for ONE man
its the whole fucking bunch in DC and you just want to place blame on one
you are acting like the dems didnt know
that makes you a fool

There is still a difference dive...

One would be conspiracy to commit torture and the other would be committing torture...those that ordered it would be the latter, those that were compliant or knew about could be conspirators of the crime.

Are you saying that waterboarding WAS torture now???

I thought you said it wasn't???

Care

One would be conspiracy to commit torture and the other would be committing torture...those that ordered it would be the latter, those that were compliant or knew about could be conspirators of the crime.

Care
no, but thats why i think she is lying
she doesnt want to admit it wasnt torture

do you REALLY think she would accept and authorize torture?
no one would
well, not many anyway
thats the point
they want to still attack Bush and call it torture, but they want to absolve themselves from it

Last edited:

Care

no one would
well, not many anyway
thats the point
they want to still attack Bush and call it torture, but they want to absolve themselves from it

Really??!!

Because it sounds to me like all the squirming she is doing is to avoid admitting that she might have had her own hand in some torture.

Until Eric Holder changed the law, waterboarding was NOT illegal in this Country as authorized by the Government. One can not now go back and claim that acts PRIOR to this ruling were illegal. Doesn't work that way.

All Pelosi was doing is trying to do JUST that and she is caught like a fly in a spider web cause she is just as responsible for waterboarding as anyone in the Government.

If you want to claim it was illegal she and the other Dems that signed off on it are JUST as guilty as Bush or Cheney. Simple concept really, THEY AUTHORIZED from their position in Congress. So the Dems go down too if anyone goes down.

But hey you and Jillian spin it any way you want, the people are NOT going to buy your partisan bullshit.

Ohh and what happened to the Mantra "Bush Lied"? Pelosi lied and you all are stating for the record you do not give one good rat's ass about it. Guess what that makes you?

Of course, because that's your agenda, it's always been your agenda on the left. to bring Bush and Cheney down.. For convenience sake you are wishing Pelosi would go away. It doesn't work that way.. If Pelosi knew it, and knew it was illegal her position of power dictates she take steps to stop it or alert someone who could stop it.. It the President and VP were committing illegal acts they should have been arrested and charged tried and impeached.. then,, so deflection will do you absolutely no good.. now let's proceed with the inquisition shall we??

Care

no one would
well, not many anyway
thats the point

Really??!!

Because it sounds to me like all the squirming she is doing is to avoid admitting that she might have had her own hand in some torture.

they voted for the war....did nothing to stop it...bush lied...they were missled blah blah ...but they continue to wage it and fund it....

they were briefed on torture.....did nothing to stop it.....bush lied....they were missled blah blah ...but gitmo is still open....people are still being detained....wonder what country they are being "questioned" in now.....

As committee CHAIMRAN of the intelligence committee--

Nancy Pelosi--saw nothing-heard nothing-& knew nothing.

Last edited:
Ohh and what happened to the Mantra "Bush Lied"? Pelosi lied and you all are stating for the record you do not give one good rat's ass about it. Guess what that makes you?

A republican?

Bush and Cheney abandoned years of interrogation standards, this country has adhered to. If other countires hold Bush or Cheney guilty of war crimes, as some have indicated, do you think any members of Congress will be on that list, even if they did vote for the war. Of course not, the world knows who pushed and lied in order to attack Iraq.

Now it is coming out that some of the torture was inflicted to bring out some incriminating facts about Iran, so the previous administration could invade that country before leaving office. If that is proven, that political purposes were behind the waterboarding, that is a crime in this country.

Obama is not not going to pursue this though, much to the disappointment of many civil liberty groups in the US. He would lose sight of his own agenda. Now, the GOP would love to drag the pointless arugments on. It is to their benefit to confuse the general public. Hey, it worked twice for GW.

A republican?

Bush and Cheney abandoned years of interrogation standards, this country has adhered to. If other countires hold Bush or Cheney guilty of war crimes, as some have indicated, do you think any members of Congress will be on that list, even if they did vote for the war. Of course not, the world knows who pushed and lied in order to attack Iraq.

Now it is coming out that some of the torture was inflicted to bring out some incriminating facts about Iran, so the previous administration could invade that country before leaving office. If that is proven, that political purposes were behind the waterboarding, that is a crime in this country.

Obama is not not going to pursue this though, much to the disappointment of many civil liberty groups in the US. He would lose sight of his own agenda. Now, the GOP would love to drag the pointless arugments on. It is to their benefit to confuse the general public. Hey, it worked twice for GW.
name the country that has actually pressed charges?
not just some nut case that wanted to, but actual charges filed

If other countires hold Bush or Cheney guilty of war crimes

Does that sound like I said a country has charged them? Do you have a learning disability or do your distort for distort's sake?

A republican?

You have had 8 YEARS to prove Bush lied. And you have not managed it yet. Further as has been repeated over and over, if Bush lied about WMD's in Iraq, then the ENTIRE WORLD was lying as well. In fact you dumb ass, the Democrats claimed in the run up to the 2006 elections that if they won the Congress they would prove Bush was guilty and would Impeach him, remind us all how THAT went?

Come on Jilly, if you were part of a group committing murder ( although you may or may not have been opposed to it ) and you were told about it but said nothing, what would that make you ?

Especially if you come out later and make up 5 different versions of what you were briefed on.

I do believe the White House is letting her twist in the wind on this one.

Chicago style will kick San Fran style any day of the week...

The irony here: If Barack Obama would not have released the justice departments memo's regarding the enhanced interrogation technics during the Bush administration--NONE of this would be going on right now.

Obama & Holder badly miscalculated the sentiment of the typical Obama voter. Not to many Obama voters were for going after Bush administration officials who waterboarded the mastermind of the 9/11 attack. In fact, a poll was done with a room-full of Obama voters. When he was giving his speech at the CIA & started talking about banning the enhanced interrogation practices--his polls took a nose-dive in the negative direction. This is why Obama backed off on releasing those 45 pictures to the ACLU.

Now this has all backfired on this administration. Nancy is in a tail-spin of lying about what & when she knew about it. They have eye-witnesses at the scene--plus the CIA memo's did come out on Friday--"detailing" waterboarding & who waterboarding was used on.

In fact, this meeting that Nancy Pelosi is referring too, is one month after the mastermind of the 9/11 attack was waterboarded. Anyone with any common sense--would have to ask themselves why did all other members of the intelligence committee know these details & Nancy Pelosi is stating she was the only one that was lied to by CIA briefers? This is the 6th time she has changed her story regarding the CIA briefings.

The White House cannot let her spin in the wind for too long--eventually it will catch up to them. In fact, in order for her not to bring down the entire democrat party--she needs to step aside now.

Last edited:

A republican?

Do you know what the legal term complicity means? You have 97% of the democrat party who saw all the exact same intelligence & voted to go to war. You also have democrats on INTELLIGENCE committees--that were briefed in full regarding the enhanced interrogation technics & APPROVED of them.

Those same democrats could have voted NO on Iraq--they could have dis-approved of the enhanced interrogation technics & did NOT.

Therefore--due to complicity LAWS--they are just as guilty as the person who did the waterboarding.

GROW UP--duh!

Forum List

Back