Pelosi was right

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
When she said that they have to pass the law before we would know what was in it? How else could we possibly know that it requires a doctors prescription to purchase to buy OTC medications.

Patients are demanding doctors' orders for over-the-counter products because of a provision in the health-care overhaul that slipped past nearly everyone's radar. It says people who want a tax break to buy such items with what's known as flexible-spending accounts need to get a prescription first.
The result is that Americans are visiting their doctors before making a trip to the drugstore, hoping their physician will help them out by writing the prescription. The new requirements create not only an added burden for doctors, but also new complications for retailers and pharmacies.
"It drives up the cost of health care as opposed to reducing it," says Dr. Chung, who rejected much of a 10-item request from a mother of four that included pain relievers and children's cold medicine.
In Health Law, Rx for Trouble - WSJ.com

A law that is supposed to cut health care costs now requires me to go to a doctor, get a prescription, and then force the pharmacy to fill that prescription, rather than just go down to the store any buy Tylenol. :eek:

Congratulations Nancy, I did not see this one before you passed the law. You were right.

The alternative, of course, would've been reading things about the then-bill(s).

Of course, that would ruin the fun "look what they hid from me!" narratives we get to enjoy now. To each his own.

The alternative, of course, would've been reading things about the then-bill(s).

Of course, that would ruin the fun "look what they hid from me!" narratives we get to enjoy now. To each his own.

Are you denying that this provision is going to increase the costs of health care? Or are you simply saying that I cannot bitch about it now because I did not notice it before?

Are you denying that this provision is going to increase the costs of health care? Or are you simply saying that I cannot bitch about it now because I did not notice it before?

He's tring to do both I think.:lol:

When she said that they have to pass the law before we would know what was in it? How else could we possibly know that it requires a doctors prescription to purchase to buy OTC medications.

Patients are demanding doctors' orders for over-the-counter products because of a provision in the health-care overhaul that slipped past nearly everyone's radar. It says people who want a tax break to buy such items with what's known as flexible-spending accounts need to get a prescription first.
The result is that Americans are visiting their doctors before making a trip to the drugstore, hoping their physician will help them out by writing the prescription. The new requirements create not only an added burden for doctors, but also new complications for retailers and pharmacies.
"It drives up the cost of health care as opposed to reducing it," says Dr. Chung, who rejected much of a 10-item request from a mother of four that included pain relievers and children's cold medicine.
In Health Law, Rx for Trouble - WSJ.com

A law that is supposed to cut health care costs now requires me to go to a doctor, get a prescription, and then force the pharmacy to fill that prescription, rather than just go down to the store any buy Tylenol. :eek:

Congratulations Nancy, I did not see this one before you passed the law. You were right.

Are you saying the light is finally coming on in the refrigerator?

I'm simply pointing out the silliness of asking "How else could we possibly know ... " about readily available public information. You learn things by seeking out information, not waiting for it to filter down to you.

I'm simply pointing out the silliness of asking "How else could we possibly know ... " about readily available public information. You learn things by seeking out information, not waiting for it to filter down to you.

I am simply admitting that Nancy Pelosi was right, and that, if they had not passed Obamacare, no one would really have known this was there. Are you upset with me for admitting she was right, or her for saying it in the first place?

Forum List

Back