Pelosi wants to amend the 1st amendment!!!

Wait a minute...you righties LOVED California for doing this exact same thing. The State Supreme Court ruled that Prop 22 was unconstitutional and CA had to let the gays marry...so ya'll came up with Prop 8...which amended the state's constitution. I love how ya'll scream when your own tactics are used against you.

Citizens United was one of the most damaging decisions to come out of a modern Supreme Court. Imagine the highest court in the land saying "go ahead, buy your representative".

They buy up our politicians, so if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I've been told to give up, that public financing of elections is an unrealistic pipedream. Time to go to the Dark Side. Am I an Applet or a Microsoftie? :dunno:

I'm not in favor of public financing of elections, for a variety of reasons, but it does seem discouragingly futile to try to change our election process (I'd prefer a change to approval voting). The problem is, no one deeply invested jn the status quo wants to see change. Each side is content to take turns every few years as long as they are the only players in the game. It's a pretty phony kind of 'democracy', as far as it goes.

While interesting, approval voting doesn't eliminate the need for candidates to solicit campaign funds and make expensive promises to get them. Whatever the "free speech" issues may be, I'd prefer to settle that by amendment and eliminate the need for fund raising on purely fiscal grounds, i.e. spending on elections will save us money in the long run.

Going back to "free speech", I don't see where public financing prevents candidates from saying what they want. As a matter of fact, elimination of the money advantage of encumbancy and parties should allow more to be heard.

Going through the back door to fulfill their objective with the Supreme Court

corporations were never intended to be people protected by the first amendment... \

it should be clarified. Citizens United is the most destructive decision issued by the Court since Dred Scott and Plessy v Ferguson.

Translation:
SCOTUS decision the left doesn't like = destructive

SCOTUS decisions that fit the agenda are allowed.

:clap2:

Since George Washington politicians have courted those with the most money and influence.
Why else do our candidates spend billions upon billions for a job that pays less than 1/2 million.....
:eusa_shhh:

I would be all in for no financing whatsoever for elections. Let them run on their own merits instead of bankroll. The again, I would be all in on cleansing the entire washington cesspool and starting over too.

That would guarantee the incumbent would win every time. Probably not what you had in mind.

I am for unlimited campaign financing, providing all contributions are posted with their source on the internet within 72 hours.

Going through the back door to fulfill their objective with the Supreme Court

corporations were never intended to be people protected by the first amendment... \

it should be clarified. Citizens United is the most destructive decision issued by the Court since Dred Scott and Plessy v Ferguson.

Translation:

Since George Washington politicians have courted those with the most money and influence.
Why else do our candidates spend billions upon billions for a job that pays less than 1/2 million.....

hack decision by the court which prevents us from doing the one thing we need to do to get this country back where it should be... and get money out of politics.

it's the unaccountability of the money that's the problem.

i'm sorry that you're ignoring that.

Translation:

hack decision by the court which prevents us from doing the one thing we need to do to get this country back where it should be... and get money out of politics.

Yup...transparency...we need transparency. That's how New Zealand, Denmark, Finland and Swedan stay at the top of the least corrupt country index.

Translation:

There's accountability.

Dem reps do the bidding of Unions
Rep reps do the bidding of the eebul rich

:eusa_shifty:

Bullshit on pelosi.
fuck her,and every damn commie trying to fuck up the nation.
all she is us an old burned out hippie.

Fascists and Theocrats are the first people to call Liberals, Commies.

And it was a commie that assassinated one of the most Liberal presidents, John F. Kennedy.

Good job boys.

Are you so stupid as to believe it was Oswald acting alone that killed Kennedy??

No wonder your opinion is given such little weight...

Forum List

Back