Pelosi wants to amend the 1st amendment!!!

Pelosi seems to forget that she is one of the privileged few who she is talking about in this speech. She's also a scumbag.

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has directed nearly $100,000 from her political action committee to her husband’s real estate and investment firm over the past decade, a practice of paying a spouse with political donations that she supported banning last year.

Financial Leasing Services Inc. (FLS), owned by Paul F. Pelosi, has received $99,000 in rent, utilities and accounting fees from the speaker’s “PAC to the Future” over the PAC’s nine-year history.

The payments have quadrupled since Mr. Pelosi took over as treasurer of his wife’s committee in 2007, Federal Election Commission records show. FLS is on track to take in $48,000 in payments this year alone - eight times as much as it received annually from 2000 to 2005, when the committee was run by another treasurer."

EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi paid husband with PAC funds - Washington Times

"Former Speaker of the House–and current Minority Leader–Nancy Pelosi apparently bought $1 million to $5 million of Visa stock in one of the most sought-after and profitable initial public offerings (IPO) in American history, thwarted serious credit card reform for two years, and then watched her investment skyrocket 203%.

The revelation appears in Throw Them All Out, the new book by investigative journalist and Breitbart editor Peter Schweizer, which was the focus of 60 Minutes on CBS this evening, and which is featured in this week’s issue of newsweek"

How Nancy Pelosi Got Rich (Corruption, Abuse Of Power Alert) « Start Thinking Right

Wow, she and some other Dems would like to control all information.
From the article:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday endorsed a movement announced by other congressional Democrats on Wednesday to ratify an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would allow Congress to regulate political speech when it is engaged in by corporations as opposed to individuals.

The First Amendment says in part: "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press..."

Television and radio networks, newspapers, publishing houses, movie studios and think tanks, as well as political action committees, are usually organized as, or elements of, corporations.

So, she wants the authority to limit what the media can say, as well as think tanks. They could conceivably control what is reported about polls results or news. This is scary that we have politicians who even think this way. Dennis Miller was right, Pelosi is batshit crazy.

Last edited:
Pelosi is a moron......

This is just a stupid sideshow to somehow hilite Citizens United.

Can't say I agree with Citizens United.....

Can say, that if Pelosi were drowning.....I'd throw her a cement life preserver.

Going through the back door to fulfill their objective with the Supreme Court

Well, I wouldn't say that. I actually have to give her props for seeking the changes she wants legitimately. At least she's acknowledging that to stifle the free speech of people who work for corporations (and let's be clear what we're talking about here - corporations can't 'speak', only the people who comprise them) wouldn't be allowed under the Constitution as it exists.

I certainly hope she fails.

I wonder if most people realize what a corporatist move this is? This is an effort to further merge corporations with government - not the other way around.

It treats all corporations, including incorporated unions and nonprofits, in the same way, as artificial creatures of the state

I don't know about you, but I don't want to be treated as an 'artificial creature' simply because I work for a corporation, or join a union.

Last edited:

Guess that means you like the too big too fails buying influence and electing their own puppets to public office.

No, that isn't what it means, you dumb fuck. It means he believes in the First Amendment. What part of "The freedom of speech shall not be abridged" don't you understand? It certainly doesn't mean freedom of speech only for unions and state controlled media journalists.

Bullshit on pelosi.
fuck her,and every damn commie trying to fuck up the nation.
all she is us an old burned out hippie.

Bullshit on pelosi.
fuck her,and every damn commie trying to fuck up the nation.
all she is us an old burned out hippie.

Forum List

Back