Pelosi: Unemployment Checks Fastest Way to Create Jobs

These people are complete idiots... So let me get this right.... A person who does not have a job him or herself will create jobs for other people because they get their unemployment check.....WTF????

Breitbart.tv Pelosi: Unemployment Checks Fastest Way to Create Jobs

you act surprised. poo-losi is the idiot savant of progressives.

doesn't the current video go well with this earlier one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8hMJVXt09E]YouTube - Nancy Pelosi: Dumber than Soap[/ame]

500 million people will lose their job per month? where did the other people come from? I know- they are in the other 7 states that the oval orifice inhabitant visited.

These people are complete idiots... So let me get this right.... A person who does not have a job him or herself will create jobs for other people because they get their unemployment check.....WTF????

Breitbart.tv Pelosi: Unemployment Checks Fastest Way to Create Jobs

How many jobs do you suppose people without money create?

Aside from debt collectors and real estate foreclosers, I mean.

WTFU. How about you pay me??? It's my right to be able to spend other people's money, right????? Paypal works for me. Just remember to keep it coming. :lol:

It doesn't matter where it's spent. The important thing is that it's all spent and spent quickly. We get more bang for the buck if it's spent at a retail store, but if they pay the rent the landlord spends it. As long as the money goes to people who will spend it, it's a stimulus.

If the money goes to the more affluent, then it's more likely that it will end up sitting in a checking or savings account.
How are unemployment benefits creating jobs, as Big Nancy says they are?
I have 9 friends unemployed. They can't find work. They get unmployment benefits that make half of what they were earning. Their choices although are lower paying jobs that even at full time would barely make more than what they are getting for unemployment.

So... they sit there, and collect the checks waiting for a perfect job that repairs them to what they use to earn as long as they can. Unfortunately for some, the contractors, their benefits have run out. Know what they're doing now? Working for a hardware store and driving a school bus. which is less than a THIRD of what these union contractors used to be paid.

Yeah, really creating the jobs there by paying people to wait. Then again... thanks to this being such an anti-business and volatile market right now... who's expanding? Pretty much nobody.

That makes her twice the fool.

My son's girlfriend just graduated with a Masters in Education.
No jobs.
So she networks and I know a law firm interviewing for paralegals.
She has no experience but interviews anyway. They like her and want to train her.
She was hired yesterday.
Want a dam job? FIND a dam job!
How 'bout you puttin' a little-effort into learning how to spell d-a-m-n-e-d??!!!!

:eusa_eh:

Hey fvckroast.... How about you learning that 'bout and puttin' aren't words?

It doesn't matter where it's spent. The important thing is that it's all spent and spent quickly. We get more bang for the buck if it's spent at a retail store, but if they pay the rent the landlord spends it. As long as the money goes to people who will spend it, it's a stimulus.

If the money goes to the more affluent, then it's more likely that it will end up sitting in a checking or savings account.

They're not creating jobs.
So is Big Nancy lying, or stupid?

But let me ask you this:
How will another 9 million destitute families mitigate the DEFLATIONARY cycle we're stuck in?

In my never humble opinion, the money would be better spend creating new private industry or barring that, public works projects.
I agree, except for public works projects. How much money has been spent on the stimulus, and how few jobs has it created? Private enterprise is always better at creating jobs.
One of the thing you need to realize is that just because I fault the logic of this board Democratic detrators, doesn't mean I necessary support the Dems.

It was the flawed logic of the complaint that I objected to.

The presumption that there is ONLY one side of the other in a discussion is the HALLMARK of partisan thinking.

A pox on BOTH your houses, say I.
So what?, I replies.

I have 9 friends unemployed. They can't find work. They get unmployment benefits that make half of what they were earning. Their choices although are lower paying jobs that even at full time would barely make more than what they are getting for unemployment.

So... they sit there, and collect the checks waiting for a perfect job that repairs them to what they use to earn as long as they can. Unfortunately for some, the contractors, their benefits have run out. Know what they're doing now? Working for a hardware store and driving a school bus. which is less than a THIRD of what these union contractors used to be paid.

Yeah, really creating the jobs there by paying people to wait. Then again... thanks to this being such an anti-business and volatile market right now... who's expanding? Pretty much nobody.

And that takes some doing. :cool:

Yep. And you notice that every policy position the Statist Dems and Obama take favour unions that seem to still get pay raises despite the mailaise around them. Time they felt the PAIN the rest of us do.

Obama has created Government jobs. There is not denying that. But Government jobs are net drain on the system not a plus. They do not create a product, and the salaries are paid by taxes. We can not ride a government jobs creation program to recovery. Not to mention the vast majority of the non Government "jobs" created are actually temporary Construction jobs going to mainly Union workers who will be right back out of work when the project they are working in is complete. We will have spent Billions to gain a petty amount of temporary jobs and a bunch of new Government Jobs we will have to continue to sustain.

All it will do is put us further in debt, and heap more financial obligations on the Fed.

Oh the wisdom of these people.

Last edited:
Obama has created Government jobs. There is not denying that. But Government jobs are net drain on the system not a plus. They do not create a product, and the salaries are paid by taxes. We can not ride a government jobs creation program to recovery. Not to mention the vast majority of the non Government "jobs" created are actually temporary Construction jobs going to mainly Union workers who will be right back out of work when the project they are working in is complete. We will have spent Billions to gain a petty amount of temporary jobs and a bunch of new Government Jobs we will have to continue to sustain.

All it will do is put us further in debt, and heap more financial obligations on the Fed.

:clap2:

What he is doing is trying to mirror the Fromer Soviet Union...

What he is doing is trying to mirror the Fromer Soviet Union...
Indeed. Every progressive I've dealt with wants the US to "progress" to the condition of the USSR circa 1958.

Yeah, that's progress. :cool:

Yep. And you notice that every policy position the Statist Dems and Obama take favour unions that seem to still get pay raises despite the mailaise around them. Time they felt the PAIN the rest of us do.
Nurses Union here in MN is about to go on strike because the increases aren't big enough. My attitude is fire their ass and hire those nurses willing to work the contract that was rejected, and I thought quite fair as long as they don't join the union.

What do you expect from someone who thinks passing the health care bill is a good way to find out what's
in it.What do you expect from someone who thinks the stimulus plan not only worked but worked well?
And you know what what do you expect from the whole lot of lefties in this country who thinks the Obama administration is doing a fine job.

I almost want to laugh.

Still no one on the left will respond to the most important item of the debate about unemployment:
:

"The employer of record and second employer of record of any individual on unemployment is responsible for a good share of the cost to support that unemployed individual. The more those entitlements are extended, the longer those two employers of record need to pay into the system. While in a recession, that is a very expensive burden on those employers FURTHER minimizing their ability to generate the capital to hire anew"

Whereas I symnpathize with those that are struggling, there needs to be a solution that will not stymie the growth of companies or there will be a continuation of the viscious circle.

Perhaps an extension of unemployment benefits without the burden being put on the employers. They are struggling to stay in business as it is. If they go under, there will be less around to employ when the market wants to turn for the better.

That unemployment INSURANCE begats employers reluctant to take on NEW employees is true enough.

Can you also admit that uemployed millions are part of the current economic problem facing us?

Pelosi is really a hack. Unemployment benes are sustenance level only and for most not even enough for anyone who earned a dollar more an hour and have ongoing lifestyle costs that require a salary closer to what they ere earning.
Its supposed to be and is just a bridge. Its for food, rent ( maybe) a mortgage. it does not provide any room to buy durable goods, just the barest of necessities, so any economic value as to growth etc. ala the larger economy is for all intent and purposes nil.

I think their plan, like Roosevelt's and Lenin's, was to reserve the bread lines and soup kitchen lines for non government, non party, and non union, workers. They get the benefit packages wage increases, and secured retirement portfolios, while we get dumpster soup. :lol: :lol: :lol: Somebody has watch out for us.... right????? :eek:

Forum List

Back