Pelosi: " the significant escalation of the deployment of additional troops to the region.”

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Whether Trump is going to war or not, Pelosi will at least hint that this is exactly what he is doing. She knows it will drastically hurt his 2020 campaign.

Trump has a Reagan, "peace through strength policy". He isn't into full scale wars. I hope he reminds Americans of this. People like Kim in N Korea should receive this message as well. USA isn't going to let people plan crimes against humanity, their citizens, troops or otherwise, but it doesn't mean a decade of being bogged down in war.

Here is her full Statement:

Pelosi Statement on Airstrike in Iraq Against High-Level Iranian Military Officials

Pelosi Statement on Airstrike in Iraq Against High-Level Iranian Military Officials
JANUARY 2, 2020
PRESS RELEASE
Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued this statement after the Trump Administration conducted a deadly airstrike targeting Iranians and Iraqis at the Baghdad International Airport:

“American leaders’ highest priority is to protect American lives and interests. But we cannot put the lives of American servicemembers, diplomats and others further at risk by engaging in provocative and disproportionate actions. Tonight’s airstrike risks provoking further dangerous escalation of violence. America – and the world – cannot afford to have tensions escalate to the point of no return.

“The Administration has conducted tonight’s strikes in Iraq targeting high-level Iranian military officials and killing Iranian Quds Force Commander Qasem Soleimani without an Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) against Iran. Further, this action was taken without the consultation of the Congress.

“The full Congress must be immediately briefed on this serious situation and on the next steps under consideration by the Administration, including the significant escalation of the deployment of additional troops to the region.”

How could Trump be like Reagan? According to the USMB liberal posters, Trump is the "laughingstock" of our enemies and the rest of the world. I just know it's true because I read it on here.

Although I don't think our enemies are laughing this morning.

Whether Trump is going to war or not, Pelosi will at least hint that this is exactly what he is doing. She knows it will drastically hurt his 2020 campaign.

Trump has a Reagan, "peace through strength policy". He isn't into full scale wars. I hope he reminds Americans of this. People like Kim in N Korea should receive this message as well. USA isn't going to let people plan crimes against humanity, their citizens, troops or otherwise, but it doesn't mean a decade of being bogged down in war.

JANUARY 2, 2020
PRESS RELEASE
Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued this statement after the Trump Administration conducted a deadly airstrike targeting Iranians and Iraqis at the Baghdad International Airport:

“American leaders’ highest priority is to protect American lives and interests. But we cannot put the lives of American servicemembers, diplomats and others further at risk by engaging in provocative and disproportionate actions. Tonight’s airstrike risks provoking further dangerous escalation of violence. America – and the world – cannot afford to have tensions escalate to the point of no return.

“The Administration has conducted tonight’s strikes in Iraq targeting high-level Iranian military officials and killing Iranian Quds Force Commander Qasem Soleimani without an Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) against Iran. Further, this action was taken without the consultation of the Congress.

“The full Congress must be immediately briefed on this serious situation and on the next steps under consideration by the Administration, including the significant escalation of the deployment of additional troops to the region.”
when a leader has an opportunity to take out vile humans who kill americans, that leader takes the shot. I applaud the leader of the free world for his quick and decisive action against evil.

BTW, didn't Iran evil already hate americans before this kill?

Or are the people of Iran going, fk, sobbing stating the US took out our evil General who kills innocent women and children at will.

Didn't the pelosers of the left say that trump should leave troops over in Syria? that he was a fking fool for removing soldiers? Here, here is the evidence that trump cannot do anything, not one fking thing that gains a pat on the back. not fking one. I really don't care about the left, but at least they stand up and announce their stupid.

80860230_10222501800442525_7774722259888898048_n.jpg

If the President goes out on his own and shoots everyone on 5th Avenue: Then that is an act of the Fantasy Delusional In Charge all by himself. If Troops now have to be engaged--Then that becomes international, with basis in a unilateral atrocity, White House manufactured.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(The Change of Policy as usual--from "Turn The Other Cheek" to "Slap the Bitch Around. Apologize later," is also now known worldwide.)

If the President goes out on his own and shoots everyone on 5th Avenue: Then that is an act of the Fantasy Delusional In Charge all by himself. If Troops now have to be engaged--Then that becomes international, with basis in a unilateral atrocity, White House manufactured.

(The Change of Policy as usual--from "Turn The Other Cheek" to "Slap the Bitch Around. Apologize later," is also now known worldwide.)
my balls are really sore from laughing still. thanks for the pain.

JANUARY 2, 2020
PRESS RELEASE

Sorry but I don't give a rats ass what Pelosi thinks or says about military affairs.

The woman has PROVEN beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is NOT an honest broker.

The Democrats in the house can not be trusted with advanced strategic knowledge.

If everyone on 5th Avenue was Quds, Hamas, or Hezbollah and Trump does shoot them, I'll gladly reimburse him for the ammo, no problem.

But it's perfectly fine to put American lives at risk by flooding the country with illegal immigrants who come here and victimize our citizens, then protect those criminals by creating sanctuary cities that shield them from the law. Pelosi has no credibility on this issue.

They fucking attacked our Embassy. Trumps response is perfectly reasonable. Obama would just send them more cash.

JANUARY 2, 2020
PRESS RELEASE

yet she has no issue dividing up this country to the "point of no return". almost every politician i know of is cool with that.

as for consulting congress, he doesn't have to from what i understand of the war powers act.

if he's going to commit troops for >30 (or 60?) days then yes he must tell congress. this is also controversial and not always thought to be in line with the constitution.

in any event, pelosi is going to use anything she can to damage trump. this is politics as usual but it still makes me laugh.

JANUARY 2, 2020
PRESS RELEASE

yet she has no issue dividing up this country to the "point of no return". almost every politician i know of is cool with that.

as for consulting congress, he doesn't have to from what i understand of the war powers act.

if he's going to commit troops for >30 (or 60?) days then yes he must tell congress. this is also controversial and not always thought to be in line with the constitution.

in any event, pelosi is going to use anything she can to damage trump. this is politics as usual but it still makes me laugh.

I support Trump but I hope he doesn't get conned into another full scale war there. The Neo-Cons were defeated for a reason. He will lose many Independents and even some GOP who don't want another far-right GOP. There is always the fear from the right that he will be pressured by the Never Trumpers, Establishment and others who will sabotage his 2020 campaign by pushing for full war.

Thus far, he seems smart enough to realize the trap that costs American lives and money and he has been true to his campaign promises to avoid wars and even pull out troops. This is the same game the U.S played against Russia to bankrupt them when they were drawn into nuclear spending and a no-win situation in Afghanistan in the 1980's. Yes, take out your greatest enemies and threats, send your message and defend your interests, but do it strategically.

Notice how China is slowly colonizing Africa? They won't fire a shot and they are gaining exponentially. The real war is won economically and via influence. Small special operations and scuttles are necessary in order to maintain global peace but full scale war is a losing endeavor.

Nobody should shed a tear that this POS is gone. There is an infinite number of degrees difference between these targeted strikes vs full blown war.

JANUARY 2, 2020
PRESS RELEASE

I support Trump but I hope he doesn't get conned into another full scale war there. The Neo-Cons were defeated for a reason. He will lose many Independents and even some GOP who don't want another far-right GOP. There is always the fear from the right that he will be pressured by the Never Trumpers, Establishment and others who will sabotage his 2020 campaign by pushing for full war.

Thus far, he seems smart enough to realize the trap that costs American lives and money and he has been true to his campaign promises to avoid wars and even pull out troops. This is the same game the U.S played against Russia to bankrupt them when they were drawn into nuclear spending and a no-win situation in Afghanistan in the 1980's. Yes, take out your greatest enemies and threats, send your message and defend your interests, but do it strategically.

Notice how China is slowly colonizing Africa? They won't fire a shot and they are gaining exponentially. The real war is won economically and via influence. Small special operations and scuttles are necessary in order to maintain global peace but full scale war is a losing endeavor.

Nobody should shed a tear that this POS is gone. There is an infinite number of degrees difference between these targeted strikes vs full blown war.
yea, this one is a crossroads for me. while i'm all for leaving iran and most of the middle east alone, if they come out and attack americans and/or threaten - they will get a response whether they should or not. for the most part they are talk but the recent activity around our embassy and that being an "in my lifetime" memory - is just asking to get bitch slapped.

we'll see from here and while i'm still trying to decipher what happened and what it means, i still do NOT want another war with anyone really. times are just too tense globally and it won't take much of a spark to be fanned into full fledged flames.

JANUARY 2, 2020
PRESS RELEASE

Damit those were the troops she was demanding fight for Kurds a few weeks back.

Forum List

Back