Pelosi tells ALL democrats to skip their convention

Nancy Pelosi: Democrats should skip the convention - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

This is too funny. Obama doesn't have a single friend unless they are on his payroll.

Did you read that and think that's what she said or did you just read the headline and jump to a hilariously wrong conclusion?

Actually I saw her interview on CNN earlier. And the result of her position is this thread.

I didn't even read politicos position on it. I just included it because you wackos don't believe anything without a link and even then its like pulling teeth.

You're selling yourself short, Grumps.

We just see your by-line on a thread and assume it's a lie.

I read the article and listened to the video, and what she says makes sense to me. Obama is already the nominee, so it makes sense for those House and Senate Democrats running for reelection to spend their time and money in their home districts to win reelection. I see nothing funny or odd about that.

This is too funny. Obama doesn't have a single friend unless they are on his payroll.

Wow. You really need a remedial reading comprehension class desperately, dont you?

If you have half a brain, youll beg the mods to delete this thread so you can hide your stupidity.

You get the stupid hat for the day. Put it on and go sit in the corner...drooling.

He got the award yesterday too for this one:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/234903-obama-selling-out-our-own-college-graduates.html

Basically, the OP was complaining about a policy that Romney supports.

Wow. You really need a remedial reading comprehension class desperately, dont you?

If you have half a brain, youll beg the mods to delete this thread so you can hide your stupidity.

You get the stupid hat for the day. Put it on and go sit in the corner...drooling.

He got the award yesterday too for this one:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/234903-obama-selling-out-our-own-college-graduates.html

Basically, the OP was complaining about a policy that Romney supports.

Damn....maybe Gramps is trying for the Lifetime Achievement Dunce Cap...Hes seems to be on his way.

I read the article and listened to the video, and what she says makes sense to me. Obama is already the nominee, so it makes sense for those House and Senate Democrats running for reelection to spend their time and money in their home districts to win reelection. I see nothing funny or odd about that.

Then why even have a convention ?

Ya know, you bring up an interesting point. The conventions used to be nominating conventions but that isn't the way they are done any longer. Their reason for convening is now settled by the States. Often times the settlement is done well prior to the convention in any case. I think if they turned off the television cameras and just reported on it like any other story on the 6 PM news, the conventions would slowly fade away.

I'm not sure that is what she is proposing but it is an interesting point you bring up.

Its a media event.

Prime time speeches will be given by prominent fingures in the party in order to rally the base around the candidate and get the ball rolling towards the election. Its a time to restate the partys message to reach as many voters as possible.

And it doesnt matter what party it is, thats the purpose of the modern convention.

On a side note, look for a prime time speech from Scott Walker at the Republican convention. After his big win in Wisconsin, he will be looked at as a possible candidate for 2016 should Romney lose.

Forum List

Back