Pelosi Shrugs off Alcatraz as Possible Terror Detention Facility

Too many fail to see this, and this is the one reason I can't stand having warmongers in our country. To them it's the lame excuse of "well the enemy does it to" ... so they want us to be just like those they are punishing.

You're right. People forget that we are actually exposing our own rights as US citizens when we decide it's okay to torture the detainees.

An interesting idea is the creation of truth commissions for Guantanamo. Most commissions, I believe, are created to investigate wrongdoing. However, there is a proposal to create one that "focuses on and gathers the stories of the survivors . . . [those] who were imprisoned, inhumanly treated, sensory-deprived and tortured" in Guantanamo. The author also proposes that the commission interview habeas lawyers, guards, and soldiers who interacted with the detainees. The ultimate goal is to reveal the truth of what has happened, as well as chronicle the stories so that we do not forget. I think this is a great idea. The full article can be found at the Huffington Post website.

The author also has written a book called "Our Nation Unhinged: The Human Consequences of the War on Terror" that tells the stories of the individual detainees, such as Jose Padilla, Omar Khadr, John Walker Lindh. Padilla and Lindh are American citizens and Khadr a Canadian citizen. Even so, they were similarly treated badly and tortured.

Most Americans would prefer they just be shot, a concrete weight attached and thrown in the ocean....
wait, if your going to spend the money on the concrete and what ever device to attach it, why waste the bullet ;)

Too many fail to see this, and this is the one reason I can't stand having warmongers in our country. To them it's the lame excuse of "well the enemy does it to" ... so they want us to be just like those they are punishing.

You're right. People forget that we are actually exposing our own rights as US citizens when we decide it's okay to torture the detainees.

An interesting idea is the creation of truth commissions for Guantanamo. Most commissions, I believe, are created to investigate wrongdoing. However, there is a proposal to create one that "focuses on and gathers the stories of the survivors . . . [those] who were imprisoned, inhumanly treated, sensory-deprived and tortured" in Guantanamo. The author also proposes that the commission interview habeas lawyers, guards, and soldiers who interacted with the detainees. The ultimate goal is to reveal the truth of what has happened, as well as chronicle the stories so that we do not forget. I think this is a great idea. The full article can be found at the Huffington Post website.

The author also has written a book called "Our Nation Unhinged: The Human Consequences of the War on Terror" that tells the stories of the individual detainees, such as Jose Padilla, Omar Khadr, John Walker Lindh. Padilla and Lindh are American citizens and Khadr a Canadian citizen. Even so, they were similarly treated badly and tortured.

Most Americans would prefer they just be shot, a concrete weight attached and thrown in the ocean....

So then you agree that terrorist tactics are acceptable I see,

perhaps a review of why the rock was closed will show you why it will never be anything more thant what it is today...as dive con pointed out...the expense of re opening would get greater than the cost of building from new..thinking about a total overall of all electrical and water systems...and the safety systems...then factor in the transport costs of ferrying everything in..etc...a nice little fantasy for you cons...but it aint gonna happen

perhaps a review of why the rock was closed will show you why it will never be anything more thant what it is today...as dive con pointed out...the expense of re opening would get greater than the cost of building from new..thinking about a total overall of all electrical and water systems...and the safety systems...then factor in the transport costs of ferrying everything in..etc...a nice little fantasy for you cons...but it aint gonna happen
i still say Gitmo is the best place for em

Forum List

Back