Pelosi Shrugs off Alcatraz as Possible Terror Detention Facility

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday shrugged off Republican suggestions that the federal government reopen Alcatraz prison in her San Francisco district to house detainees from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

President Obama this week signed an executive order calling for the closure of the prison at Guantanamo within the year. Republican Rep. Bill Young then suggested to White House counsel Greg Craig that the prisoners who could not be released back to their home countries or sent to a third country be put up in "the Rock," the famous military installation and prison that closed down in 1963 and is now part of the National Park Service.

Asked whether that was a serious proposal, Pelosi said, "It is -- not.

Pelosi Shrugs off Alcatraz as Possible Terror Detention Facility - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

I think it's a fine idea, in fact, I sugested it the other day to some people I know as fitting, seeing as it's safe and in SF bay.

Pelosi and her moneymaking coherts probably have other designs on Alcatraz so scratch that idea...:eusa_whistle:

I think it's a fine idea, in fact, I sugested it the other day to some people I know as fitting, seeing as it's safe and in SF bay.
yeah, it actually would be a good place
but how much would it cost to reopen the place?

It's been converted into a tourist spot and it hasn't been in use in over 40 years so it would probably cost as much to modernize it as it would to build a new one.

It's been converted into a tourist spot and it hasn't been in use in over 40 years so it would probably cost as much to modernize it as it would to build a new one.
in other words, too much
might as well keep gitmo open

but Obama and the other lib morons dont understand a simple concept like that

in other words, too much

Yeah, I really don't see the problem with using Gitmo... whatever, you know this is all going to get mishandled, and then blamed on Bush. It's like a slow motion punch and you just can't get out of the way.

in other words, too much

Yeah, I really don't see the problem with using Gitmo... whatever, you know this is all going to get mishandled, and then blamed on Bush. It's like a slow motion punch and you just can't get out of the way.
of course
hell, they have been blaming BUsh for things he had no control over for years and some thing that happened before he was even born

i dont expect that to stop now that he isnt in office

Wouldn't it be funny as hell if Alcatraz served as a comination tourist resort and terrorist detention center?

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday shrugged off Republican suggestions that the federal government reopen Alcatraz prison in her San Francisco district to house detainees from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

President Obama this week signed an executive order calling for the closure of the prison at Guantanamo within the year. Republican Rep. Bill Young then suggested to White House counsel Greg Craig that the prisoners who could not be released back to their home countries or sent to a third country be put up in "the Rock," the famous military installation and prison that closed down in 1963 and is now part of the National Park Service.

Asked whether that was a serious proposal, Pelosi said, "It is -- not.

Pelosi Shrugs off Alcatraz as Possible Terror Detention Facility - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

It seems to me that Alcatraz would be one of the perfect places for them. Isolated by water, logistics are good with air, shipping, rail and highways available and it is sitting basically unused. The main structures are there for the proper purpose and the detainees can do the work on the needed improvements. That way we are putting minorities and the poor to work.

Pelosi should embrance the idea, as they could put more minotities and poor to work there as staff. In fact, to help the nation, they can relocate so many minotites and poor from each state to staff the island with.

we should send all these pricks to pelosi's house so they can sodomize her then blow up her home

How many of you have actually visited Alcatraz? I visited it some years ago, when I was in San Francisco. Very interesting tour.

One thing I learned is that the place is physically deteriorating, partly from the salt water that keeps getting sprayed from the waves. It is unsafe in places. There is no way they could house prisoners of any kind and assure the safety of anybody, including the staff (or the prisoners).

How many of you have actually visited Alcatraz? I visited it some years ago, when I was in San Francisco. Very interesting tour.

One thing I learned is that the place is physically deteriorating, partly from the salt water that keeps getting sprayed from the waves. It is unsafe in places. There is no way they could house prisoners of any kind and assure the safety of anybody, including the staff (or the prisoners).
Very true. It's a pretty cool place to visit, but I wouldn't want to stay there.

It seems to me that Alcatraz would be one of the perfect places for them. Isolated by water, logistics are good with air, shipping, rail and highways available and it is sitting basically unused. The main structures are there for the proper purpose and the detainees can do the work on the needed improvements. That way we are putting minorities and the poor to work.

And they say it's haunted. It's perfect.

One of the reasons it closed--was because it was too expensive to operate. Fitting though. I went on tour there, it was designed for 200-300 prisoners. The bay there does cause the concrete to weaken.

The next proposal was Super Max in my state of Colorado. Gov. Ritter is on board but our state legislature is having a fit about it.

The problem being. It's easy to keep these terrorists locked up, the problem is keeping them "safe". Going to a prison with other American prisoners-who would be more than willing to attack these terrorists at every opportunity. Therefore, most prisons do not want anything to do with these people.

Forum List

Back