Pelosi says "We're prepared to govern"

By having a simple majority of the House, hte Democrats have ALL the votes they need to impeach GWB. They don't have a chance in Hell of convicting GWB in hte Senate though, on any impeachment charges. But that won't stop them from trying to impeach GWB to placate their loonbat legions.

It is going to be fun watching Pelosi keeping a grip on the far left wing of the party, work with the new Conservative Dems, and actually talk to Pres Bush and Republicans

With such a slim margin (not veto proof) I don't see any tax increases, the Patriot Act being repealed, and funding for Iraq being stopped

What does bother me is now qualified Judges being bottled up in Committee and not being given a vote

The hardest thing for the Dems now is to keep the MoveOn.org nuts happy since they are out for blood now

Of course Joe Lieberman stuck it to them on Tuesday. I was happy to see it.

red states rule posted:

It is going to be fun watching Pelosi keeping a grip on the far left wing of the party, work with the new Conservative Dems, and actually talk to Pres Bush and Republicans.

Pelosi keeping a grip? Hell man, she's part of the problem!

NOBODY can control the far left, not even the Democrates.

I hope the dumb ass's DO go after President Bush, they'll lose, and throw much of what they just won, away.

I don't think the next few years are going to be "fun", but interesting for sure.

I see myself drinking more.........:duh3:

What are you talking about. The Democrats aren't going to raise taxes, and they're certainly not going to impeach Bush. They'll investigate, sure, but they don't have the votes to pass anything not of Watergatian proportions. They'll let the tax cuts expire, but the Democrats certainly won't pass any new taxes. Bush is too likely to veto and they know it. They're not going to waste the political capital on a hopeless cause.

What flood waters have you been living under? The Democrats like Howie Dean, John "I shot myself in the ass with rice" Kerry and "skin stretched too tight" Nancy Pelosi act like drunken high schoolers when they are given a little power, they can't help themselves, that's who they are. They have to take control and tell us what to think because after all they are much smarter and progressive. They will make a lot of really stupid decisions but the pussy whipped media won't call them on anything and we will just be called silly names if we protest....... everything that has been said against Republicans will be practiced by the Dems and they will start with an assault on free speech.

You know that the right people were brought into power when our weakest allies and all of our enemies are saying that it is a good thing. I would recommend anyone with responcibility to seriously arm yourself and get plenty of ammo, stock up on tobacco products and booze also because even though Ted Kennedy is a flaming alcoholic nobody listens to him anyway. If you are overweight start jogging because they will be coming after you next. If you are homosexual you might want to invest in mega-bath houses and don't worry about stocking them with condoms because the age of responcibility is over, it's all about having fun in the Democrat way.

Were it not for the sacking of Rome the modern world would never had developed.

Hubris was Rome's undoing and the barbarians that sacked her sailed the world round hundreds of years before Columbus.

Laziness and a sense of entitlement hailed her down fall. Our former leadership believed there was a free lunch, that debt had no limit, war no consequence; they mocked our democracy with sound bites and theater; and furthered a sense of entitlement where they was none.

Today proved that hypocrisy exacts a price and I applaud the American people for having the good sense to recognize even the best dressed bum for what he is; a bum.

Ladies and Gentlemen let me introduce Huckleburry, global idiot or is it global dumb ass, whatever..... a serious fool for sure.

By having a simple majority of the House, hte Democrats have ALL the votes they need to impeach GWB. They don't have a chance in Hell of convicting GWB in hte Senate though, on any impeachment charges. But that won't stop them from trying to impeach GWB to placate their loonbat legions.

I don't see that happening unless any investigations they might launch turn up something BIG.

Otherwise I figure they'll ignore the part of their base that is dreaming of a Jan. 2nd impeachment and just let it go. The risk isn't worth the reward considering the make up of both houses. They'll play it safe towards the middle and try to set themselves up as best they can for an '08 sweep.

I imagine being out of power for 12 years in the Legislative Branch would have that effect anyways.

Forum List

Back