Pelosi says she doesn't have the votes to pass the Senate Bill

MIPS

Jan 15, 2010
Source: Fox News

"WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she does not have the votes to pass the Senate's version of a health insurance bill that is now in severe jeopardy of being scrapped.

Just days ago, that was the most viable option for keeping alive President Obama's top domestic priority, but with the election of Republican Scott Brown to the U.S. Senate in Massachusetts, the fragile coalition of Democrats has broken apart as lawmakers bicker over which portions of the $900 billion, 10-year Senate bill they will and won't accept."

Full story here --> Pelosi: Not Enough Votes to Pass Senate Health Bill in House

Somebody call the funeral home because Obamacare is DEAD. :D

"WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday she does not have the votes to pass the Senate's version of a health insurance bill that is now in severe jeopardy of being scrapped.

Just days ago, that was the most viable option for keeping alive President Obama's top domestic priority, but with the election of Republican Scott Brown to the U.S. Senate in Massachusetts, the fragile coalition of Democrats has broken apart as lawmakers bicker over which portions of the $900 billion, 10-year Senate bill they will and won't accept."

Full story here --> Pelosi: Not Enough Votes to Pass Senate Health Bill in House

What happened? Did Obama and the Democrats run out of votes to buy with shady backroom deals?

I think any Democrat that wants even a remote chance of getting re-elected best steer a wide path around the Health Care Reform Bill... Just saying.

AHHHHHHH! I'm mellllting!!!

570~Wicked-Witch-Melting-Posters.jpg

What! Pelosi doesn't have the votes in the Dimocrat controlled House? She can't get fellow Dims to support it and vote yes?

Uh oh...I sure hope no one starts referring to them as the Party of No.

What happened? Did Obama and the Democrats run out of votes to buy with shady backroom deals?

Nope. They just didn't have enough money to buy the whole House and Senate.

Someone on here - the username escapes me momentarily - said recently that this healthcare was a done deal, it's gonna pass and the rest of us could just STFU about it. Oops.

Someone on here - the username escapes me momentarily - said recently that this healthcare was a done deal, it's gonna pass and the rest of us could just STFU about it. Oops.

:lol::lol:

I am sure they will ALL fess up who were singing that tune not so long ago...

:lol::lol:

What! Pelosi doesn't have the votes in the Dimocrat controlled House? She can't get fellow Dims to support it and vote yes?

Uh oh...I sure hope no one starts referring to them as the Party of No.

If I see one more poster blame the Republicans for this fiasco, I will scream.....

Not dead just yet, but I think they are looking for a funeral home.

My gut told me that the Democrats would give up on their debacle. I knew their threats of ramming it through were just them expressing false bravado. Even most Democrats understand that Reid & Pelosi's creation is a massive bureaucratic nightmare. Thousands and thousands of pages that no one was ever going to read or ever understand. I said all along that the Democrats blew it by trying to create such a mammoth boondoggle. They need to address each health care issue on an individual basis. Just pass small pieces of legislation which address each problem with health care. Smaller pieces of legislation will be much more easily read and understood. They simply tried to do too much all at once. They will now go back to the drawing board just as Scott Brown advised. Hopefully this time they wont lock Republicans out of meeting rooms and will actually allow the Republicans to present ideas. I guess we'll see though.

I believe this deal was DOA as soon as the Obama had to start buying votes. It watered down the legislation and also made people wonder just how good this legislation could be if Obama was having to buy votes with sweetheart deals for individual states and the unions. Makes me sick.

Seems like I remember reading that too... Now, who was that liberal know-it-all?

I believe this deal was DOA as soon as the Obama had to start buying votes. It watered down the legislation and also made people wonder just how good this legislation could be if Obama was having to buy votes with sweetheart deals for individual states and the unions. Makes me sick.
The deal died the moment they moved away from their initial stated purpose. They permitted far to much mission creep. What started out as a way to ensure a gap in American health coverage turned into nothing more then bribes and political payoffs for past and future support.

America needs to sit down and list only those things that are truly a need. And those needs must be agreed upon by everyone first, then craft legislation that addresses each of those needs separately.

Without bribes, without political payoffs and without taking over the worlds best health care service.

It is now pretty clear to even to Reid & Pelosi that many fellow Democrats do not support their terrible debacle. Their bill was just too damn big and didn't do anything to reduce costs of health care. Scott Brown had it right. They need to go back to the drawing board. This time they should unlock those meeting room doors and allow the Republicans to come in and present some new ideas. They really do need to just address each health care issue on an individual basis with small pieces of legislation. For example,Tort Reform would be a good start to real health care reform. They could tackle that issue with a small piece of legislation that would definitely lower health care costs. You don't need massive boondoggle bills to lower health care costs. Unfortunately i don't expect them to listen to me. This debacle is dead though and that's good enough for me at this point. We'll see where it all ends up.

It is now pretty clear to even to Reid & Pelosi that many fellow Democrats do not support their terrible debacle. Their bill was just too damn big and didn't do anything to reduce costs of health care. Scott Brown had it right. They need to go back to the drawing board. This time they should unlock those meeting room doors and allow the Republicans to come in and present some new ideas. They really do need to just address each health care issue on an individual basis with small pieces of legislation. For example,Tort Reform would be a good start to real health care reform. They could tackle that issue with a small piece of legislation that would definitely lower health care costs. You don't need massive boondoggle bills to lower health care costs. Unfortunately i don't expect them to listen to me. This debacle is dead though and that's good enough for me at this point. We'll see where it all ends up.
Actually, I think if we were to get a national list going of what needs fixing first. A priority list of critical needs.

Tort Reform would be on that list to be sure. But Tort doesn't address the gap in coverage and all of the costs issues.

Back in '08 the primary focus was on the gap in coverage. An alleged 40 million people.

Start with that. Break out those numbers and find out who is not covered, why they are not covered and deal with just that issue first.

Then they can move on to other issues like escalating insurance costs, health maintainence cost, etc...

Forum List

Back