Pelosi Says House Democrats May Not Help With Deal

Twalbert

Jul 19, 2011
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said that House Democrats may not support the debt ceiling deal that was agreed to last night in the Senate.

"We all may not be able to support it or none of us may be able to support it," Pelosi told reporters at a press conference last night. Pelosi said she will meet with her caucus this morning to discuss how they want to proceed. Pelosi herself, has not decided on whether she will support the deal or not.

Source: Benzinga

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said that House Democrats may not support the debt ceiling deal that was agreed to last night in the Senate.

"We all may not be able to support it or none of us may be able to support it," Pelosi told reporters at a press conference last night. Pelosi said she will meet with her caucus this morning to discuss how they want to proceed. Pelosi herself, has not decided on whether she will support the deal or not.

Source: Benzinga

Democrats: Party> Country

Clearly, shes a terrorist, right?

Why do Democrats hate America?

Why do Democrats want to crash Obama's economy?

Why won't any Democrat/Progressive/Liberal Intellectual Elite answer?

So the plan is to increase the debt a little slower than what would have occured and this evil little twat is pissed about it.

Clearly the dems hate America and want to force everyone onto the dole so we can be more easily controlled.

Why does Pelosi want to crash Obama's economy? Why does Pelosi hate America?
Pelosi must know that the Republicans have the votes to pass it so she and her party can symbolically vote against it without any actual chance of shooting it down.

Why does Pelosi want to crash Obama's economy? Why does Pelosi hate America?
Pelosi must know that the Republicans have the votes to pass it so she and her party can symbolically vote against it without any actual chance of shooting it down.
It's con. This phony deal has huge spending and tax hikes and the only reason for the bogus "small gov't"' buzz is to undermine the opposition to the Democrat agenda.

Well, if the House dems do not support their own president and pass the bill if it gets through the Senate, then don't they own the results for whatever happens? Okay, I can see the repubs being held for their share of blame too, but my point is that the dems are at least partly taking the GOP off the hook.

It is an enormously f*cked up deal that was supposed to satisfy everyone - but in the end satisfies no one.
It is another piece of crap legislation that is being rushed through because they failed to do their duty in the first place.
They are all posturing, all pointing fingers - and therefore nothing real gets accomplished.
All this bill does is INCREASE spending by over $1 trillion dollars...and passes the buck until after the election...what every democrat and Obama wanted...spend more money and worry about it another day.:talktothehand:

Well, if the House dems do not support their own president and pass the bill if it gets through the Senate, then don't they own the results for whatever happens? Okay, I can see the repubs being held for their share of blame too, but my point is that the dems are at least partly taking the GOP off the hook.

No shit....I too am at a loss as to why the House Dems aren't asking "where do we sign?"
They are getting exactly what the President wanted - increase the debt, no spending cuts until later - and we'll just argue again another day after the election.

And now we just now find out - that there will likely be TAX INCREASES with this bill...yet another thing democrats wanted.
Can someone other than me smell politics here?

If the Dems were smart, which they aren't, and played politics like the GOP, which they don't, they would all vote "present" forcing the GOP to pass it or vote it down!

Why do Democrats hate America?

Why do Democrats want to crash Obama's economy?

Why won't any Democrat/Progressive/Liberal Intellectual Elite answer?

:lol:

Why is Boehner still begging his own party to fall in line?

Easy...Democrats don't want this thing in the first place....and neither do most of their supporters. They believe the problem is revenue and not spending.
Therefore - if there is going to be ANY spending cuts - no matter how minor - it is going to have to be either republicans put in in - or democrat leaders putting it in as a compromise.
The last thing Boehner wants is either nothing passes, or spending cuts are too little. The democrat voters won't blame their members - republicans will.

...we just now find out - that there will likely be TAX INCREASES with this bill...
I'm telling you it's got HUGE tax hikes:
--->It eliminates the '03 and '01 tax cuts (that alone is painful enough),
--->it's got all the Obamacare taxes,
--->and it's got a 'special commission' empowered to add in any other tax hike Obama needs for extending the Porkulus programs.​

...we just now find out - that there will likely be TAX INCREASES with this bill...
I'm telling you it's got HUGE tax hikes:
--->It eliminates the '03 and '01 tax cuts (that alone is painful enough),
--->it's got all the Obamacare taxes,
--->and it's got a 'special commission' empowered to add in any other tax hike Obama needs for extending the Porkulus programs.​

Most of that is not true. This bill has nothing whatsoever to do with the Bush tax cuts, which will expire or not Jan 1, 2013, or the ObamaCare tax increases. Whatever tax increases the special commission recommends have to be considered as on top of expiration of the Bush tax cuts, which would be a hard sell to the repubs on that commission. And there's no way on God's green earth the House would pass the committee's decision anyway, if they did managet convince 6 repubs to accept a tax increase. It's not like whatever this commission decides automatically becomes law, both the House and the Senate have to approve it and the president has to sign it. If any of those things derail it, then automatic spending cuts kick in - but no tax or revenue increases. That commission does not have the authority to add in any other tax hike Obama wants by itself.

Last edited:
Democrat congresswoman on Cavuto said something very interesting...I hope there will be a video.
She said..."I think what you are going to see is Democrats holding their votes until they see how the republican vote goes....we need to see republicans carrying the vote."

...Most of that is not true...
Say what you want and reality is still what it is. Pass this budget and we've got--
--huge tax increases with the expiration of '01 and '03 cuts
--huge tax increases with Obamacare
--huge tax increases when congress acts on the commission's recommendations.​

The spending list is equally grim.

New Topics

Forum List

Back