Pelosi says enforcement of immigration laws is "un-american".

You guys crack me up...the echo chamber of WND must keep you awake at night. According to the article she is working on changing the law. Last time I checked, she isn't the Queen of America and therefore isn't capable of waving a magic wand to change things at whim.

Calling law enforcement practices un-American isn't an impeachable offense, btw. What country do you live in?

What are Marks, btw?
"Marks" is con man lingo. The Mark is the target for the con. You're a Mark.

Your answer would almost be intelligent, had you not talked about how she said she is "trying" to get this changed. Trying? She has been House Speaker now for two years. Had she wanted to change it, she could have gotten that done in two years. She doesn't WANT to change it, she would LOSE another pandering emotional talking point.

And of course, you attempted to minimize this by mis-characterizing what she said. You misrepresented it, which is dishonest. She was in a room full of VIOLATORS OF FEDERAL LAW telling these VIOLATORS that enforcement of the law is "un-American." What part of that don't you get?

Like I said, you get it, but Pelosi gets a pass from you because she is a beloved Dem.

Now, if you please. What the hell is "WND?"

Rava let me put it to you this way:

If federal law enforcement agents have evidence that a federal law is being violated, and they know where the violator(s) are, and they have shown cause and obtained a federal warrant from a federal judge for the raid, what's "un-American" about that? Nothing!

If a illegal alien parent is arrested, how is that any different from any other parent being arrested? Yeah, it's hard on the kids but is that the law's fault, or the violator's fault?

Pelosi's beef is, she wants immigration laws changed. Well, CHANGE THEM THEN! But DON'T call the law or parts of its enforcement "un-American."

Do you see the problem yet?

If federal law enforcement agents have evidence that a federal law is being violated, and they know where the violator(s) are, and they have shown cause and obtained a federal warrant from a federal judge for the raid, what's "un-American" about that? Nothing!

If a illegal alien parent is arrested, how is that any different from any other parent being arrested? Yeah, it's hard on the kids but is that the law's fault, or the violator's fault?

Pelosi's beef is, she wants immigration laws changed. Well, CHANGE THEM THEN! But DON'T call the law or parts of its enforcement "un-American."

Nope, I agree with her point. Breaking down doors and ripping parents away from their kids for a misdemeanor is un-American.

I have no problem with her being called a hypocrite if she hasn't actually tried to change this law. But it isn't an impeachable offense, she did not say what the thread title claimed she said...and as far as I know she wasn't speaking to a group of illegal immigrants.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Witvta9AqBs]YouTube - liberal Hypocrisy- Madame Speaker nancy Bela pelosi Tells Latinos Our Laws Are "un-American"[/ame]

In your opinion, Ravi, should any country be able to have sovereignty laws, or is it just the United States that's not allowed to have them? Or are you just opposed to the 'breaking down the door' piece of it? That's all you keep repeating, and your buddy Nancy was just stating it in that fashion for dramatic purposes. How many times do you think people are deported and separated from their families by breaking down their doors in the middle of the night? Is it okay to enforce our laws by knocking on the door during the day? What is it that you're really opposing here?

As required by Article 6 of the U.S. Constitution, Members of Congress shall be bound by oath or affirmation to support the Constitution. Representatives, delegates, and the resident commissioner all take the oath of office on the first day of the new Congress, immediately after the House has elected its Speaker. The Speaker of the House administers the oath of office as follows:

"I, (name of Member), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

So to declare US Immigration Law un-American is un American and I think she should be impeached.

Nope, I agree with her point. Breaking down doors and ripping parents away from their kids for a misdemeanor is un-American.

I have no problem with her being called a hypocrite if she hasn't actually tried to change this law. But it isn't an impeachable offense, she did not say what the thread title claimed she said...and as far as I know she wasn't speaking to a group of illegal immigrants.
You freely admit you don't see the problem and I believe, you're being honest now. That's good progress.

However, it is a fact that there were many illegal aliens at that church when she spoke. It is a fact that no media were present, and she had no idea anyone in the congregation would distribute this video. That's IF she even knew she was being recorded. And it's also a fact that she has demagogued this for years while at the same time not even so much as lifting a finger to do anything about it.

It's despicable pandering. It's using the kids as an emotional tool. She really, in her heart of hearts, doesn't give two flying red rat's asses about them, or she would have already TRIED to do something, or would have done something already.

How about some specific cases? She has none to offer up. She takes something that is an unusual event, and puffs it up to make it seem as if it's happening every twelve minutes. It's not.

If LE has a fucking warrant from a judge to do a raid, a search, or an arrest, yes it's too bad it traumatizes the kids. THAT however is the fault of the violator, not the enforcers. She's blame-shifting.

She's a Dem, therefore gets a pass on this that never would be afforded a repub who said the same exact thing, and you well know this.

THAT my friend, is un-American.

She is wrong, I don't care her stripe.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
You've crossed over into black helicopter territory. Why would you think no one would know about her speech when it was part of a national tour?

Pelosi's comments came during the San Francisco stop of a 17-city national "Family Unity" tour led by leaders of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. Members of the caucus expect to meet with President Obama in two weeks to discuss the nation's immigration policies.
Pelosi: End raids splitting immigrant families

According to the article above, she is making an effort to change the law...something she would have had no luck doing while Bush was in office.

If George Bush himself had given that speech I would have applauded him. My views on immigration far and away different from both Democrats and Republicans.

She really is a worthless empty suit! She would sell her sole (which is what appeasing to the illegal immigration groups in CA really is) in order to stay in power! CA is one of the biggest failed States in the Union, yet she will still preach to us like it should be the example for fruitility instead of an example of Futility!

You've crossed over into black helicopter territory. Why would you think no one would know about her speech when it was part of a national tour?
As soon as you find where I said that, please quote it. Once again you are being dishonest.
According to the article above, she is making an effort to change the law...something she would have had no luck doing while Bush was in office.
Nonsense. You're allowing an excuse that she never tried because of veto fear? Come on now. It must not be all THAT important to her then. Blaming Booooosh is just soooo much easier then really trying to do something.
If George Bush himself had given that speech I would have applauded him. My views on immigration far and away different from both Democrats and Republicans.
You applaud pandering, exaggeration and demagoguery? Interesting.

Last edited:
This is what you said: It is a fact that no media were present, and she had no idea anyone in the congregation would distribute this video. That's IF she even knew she was being recorded. It implies that you believe she thought she would be under the radar, and no one would know about her speech. Give me a break. And btw, if it is A FACT that no media were present, why did I read about it in the paper?

Also, where is the proof of your FACT that there were illegals in the crowd?

I applaud her for saying that kicking in doors and tearing parents away from their children is un-American because I believe that it is un-American...when it comes to a crime that is a misdemeanor.

This is what you said: It is a fact that no media were present, and she had no idea anyone in the congregation would distribute this video. That's IF she even knew she was being recorded. It implies that you believe she thought she would be under the radar, and no one would know about her speech.
But see, that's not what YOU said. Go back and read. You said that I said NO ONE would know, blah blah blah. And I never said that.

And yes, I have no doubt at all that SHE didn't believe this video would get out, IF she even knew she was being recorded and I'll go even further, if NEWS cameras were there, she never would have said it!

Yeah, sure, she didn't notice that the San Francisco Chronicle was there. :cuckoo:
Did I say "News CAMERAS?" And gee, don't you think the Chronicle is friendly to her? Of course it is.

And by the way, here's an example of what a liar she is: The House has already passed a bill for a punitive new tax on recipients of AIG bonuses. Only takes them 2 days to do something, when they REALLY want to do it!

When they want to keep it as a pandering point, as something to demagogue, they don't even TRY to do anything. That's Pelosi on this issue.

Are you too stupid to realize Pelosi herself could have STOPPED this practice long ago, but instead chooses to pander to crowds about it when she thinks no one's taping? Too PARTISAN to understand she's attacking Obama's Justice Department? Too IGNORANT to know she swore an oath to uphold the laws of the United States? She is the Speaker of the House of Representatives. THIRD in line for the Presidency, and she's calling the enforcement of a federal law "un-American?"

Especially when SHE herself could have changed it and still can?

Are you too BRAINDEAD to realize that you and all of the other idiots who were cheering her when she said all of this are Marks?
You guys crack me up...the echo chamber of WND must keep you awake at night. According to the article she is working on changing the law. Last time I checked, she isn't the Queen of America and therefore isn't capable of waving a magic wand to change things at whim.

Calling law enforcement practices un-American isn't an impeachable offense, btw. What country do you live in?

What are Marks, btw?
are you too fucking stupid to understand she called the LAWS, that she helps write, unamerican?

Oh that's pure bologna. There wasn't a bigger illegal alien coddler in Washington than Bush. :eusa_hand:

UI thnk illegal immigrants should be publically executed. That will teach them a lesson and send a message to other people who want to better themselves.

Forum List

Back