Pelosi Says 'Are You Serious?' When Asked Constitutional Basis for Health Insurance M

Tipping the bottle a bit early, eh T? (or have you simply never stopped?)

What are you babblin about Emma? Don't tell me you're stupid too? And by this post tells me you aren't THINKING. Shame. I used to respect you.

Don't bother respecting the over medicated Yenta Emma T. Even if you have shown her respect in the past, the dumb hag with no honor won't ever pass up a chance to jump on your back when she has an ally to help her out. Then she will run like a cat and wait to respond to you in the wee hours of the night at the peak of her intoxication. Way, way too much Vicodin and Gin for her to be online so much.

smiley_drinkbeerbong.gif
~BH

The basis for health insurance. Easy. The same basis that allows for fire and police departments, as well as sewage treatment and road construction.

And quoting old dead men who were nowhere near the masters of running a free country, and who knew this themselves, proves nothing. You're talking about slave owners who wanted their own personal freedom. Fuck the founders. All they found was a giant piece of land with which to harvest their own hypocrisy.

the dumb hag
wow. So you disagree with her politics, no need to get personal.

"Wow", So What now? I have known the yentA hag on the internet for close to a decade now guy, and believe me I have tried many times to treat her good and / or to meet her half way. I treat them how they treat me. Some folks you just can't reach, get it? So shut up bro and go save the Whales or something. Judging from your Sig, You will learn soon enough.~BH

the dumb hag

"Wow", So What now? I have known the yentA hag on the internet for close to a decade now guy, and believe me I have tried many times to treat her good and / or to meet her half way. I treat them how they treat me. Some folks you just can't reach, get it? So shut up bro and go save the Whales or something. Judging from your Sig, You will learn soon enough.~BH

And yet, although we are on different sides of most things, I have found Emma to be friendly and enjoyable to discuss things with. We've had our disagreements, but we are on friendly terms.

Immie

Navy1960, an excellent response.

I disagree but understand you're points entirely.

I say this only in terms of honest debate, what I don't understand in terms of the healthcare bill in general is it seems to conflict with values that the Democrat party have for years been their platform. Let me explain a little.

1. Medicare, which no one will argue is the result of LBJ's Great Society and has been untouchable for years , when reform has been mentioned the Republicans have been clobbered in the court of public opinion by Democrats for trying to take away benefits from Seniors. So what doesn't make sense here is that Democrats in an effort to reform healthcare would create a whole department to do basically the same thing that Medicare does and they have supported at the expense of Medicare. It would seem to me that the best approach would be to take the monies that would be taken in as a result of new monies in the system be directed to making the existing Insurance program stronger so it can offer it's services to those that need it and want it.

2. Taxes- As we all know, during the last election Candidate Obama and the DNC spent a lot of time reminding everyone just how much the Bush Admiistration had given tax cuts to the wealthy, while the middle class and poor suffered. To that end we were reminded constantly of a pledge not to raise taxes on anyone making less than 250K , not one dime, etc.. So why then would congress, use as a mechanism "taxes" that effect everyone that does not have insurance or those that have so called cadillac plans to tax people which will in turn go against that pledge.

3. Choice- I suppose this one here is the biggest one for me personally, I have for years been back and forth on the issue of choice and come to realize that you are for CHOICE in all matter(s) of a personal nature or your not. You cannot be selective and say, well this one is ok, and this one is not. Let me explain, while a person can morally oppose an issue such as abortion they can still support the issue of choice to make it because that issue is not a matter for the Govt. to decide. The abortion issue has for years seperated the parties more clearly than any other issue. For years Democrats have championed the issue of choice or a womens right to choose, her body her choice, fill in the blanks, .. So why then would the same party that has championed the issue of choice and keeping Govt. out of it, then turn around and champion Govt. intervention in choice for everyone else?

4. Healthcare - Democrats and even some Republicans for years have championed the cause of "universal healthcare " for all Americans in whatever form you wish to call it. However in the last few decades no one will deny that the issue of this type of coverage has been a Democrat one. While almost ALL Americans will agree that lowering the cost of coverage, and having more access, as well as covering those with pre-existing condition is a good thing, this bill seperated itself from even those basic premises as well as the causes championed in healthcare by Democrats for years. No doubt we have all heard the endless string of critics on behalf of the Administration and Democrat leaders in congress when it comes to Insurance companies, however, those companies are the very same companies that stand to gain billions should this legislation be signed into law. I sure hope most people are not under the impression that the Federal Govt. actually runs Medicare? They contract that out. as they will the so called "Public Option" so in the end this is about who stands to make the most money and is NOT about helping Americans by lowering the cost of Inurance. CMS recently reported out on the house bill that the cuts in Medicare will lead to cutbacks in Doctor payments thus leading to even more Doctors not accepting Medicare, and as the "public opton" will scale payments the same as Medicare you will according to CMS which oversee's Medicare for the Govt. , less access, and lower quality healthcare. Again, all not what the Democrats have championed for years.

I submit there is another way to this, a good way, let's fix Medicare, let's fund Medicare with not only allowing for those that wish to purchase it to be part of it, but also with a flat tax on fuel of .05 a gallon. There are in fact many ways to fund it, allow for tax credits low income people to purchase it, the point is, that with some healthy individuals you don't need full coverage, young people for example can be offered cheap insurance that covers catastrophic issues. The point here is this if you can get insurance to the point where its as inexpensive to purchase as your cell phone bill for some then it should not be an issue to purchase it. Forcing people to purchase something in order to force complience as a requirement for being a citizen is as UnAmerican as you can get.

And quoting old dead men who were nowhere near the masters of running a free country, and who knew this themselves, proves nothing. You're talking about slave owners who wanted their own personal freedom. Fuck the founders. All they found was a giant piece of land with which to harvest their own hypocrisy.

If you that is your opinion of the constitution I must assume that you must also believe that our government should basically get to make up the rules as the go and can pretty much do whatever it wants. Yep you're a fucking a genius alright.

Another good post.

I'm short on time goofing on the pc before work and will be back later in more detail.

The only thing I disagree with is the choice statement. Then for reasons of practicality not ideology.
you are for CHOICE in all matter(s) of a personal nature
It does take away some of the rights we fight for if we are pro choice with abortion and gun ownership. Problem is treatment of those who have chosen not to have medical insurance. I think it will work like church. Many young folks who aren't afraid of death or the cost of treatment for disease will opt out. Then when they're 45 and them aches and pains start they'll want in. Not to mention what to do with the folks who never do join an insurance program then suddenly need something costly like kidney to live. I have no moral problem letting them die because they can't afford one but have an image similar to lepers on the street corner in Roman times.

Tipping the bottle a bit early, eh T? (or have you simply never stopped?)

What are you babblin about Emma? Don't tell me you're stupid too? And by this post tells me you aren't THINKING. Shame. I used to respect you.

Don't bother respecting the over medicated Yenta Emma T. Even if you have shown her respect in the past, the dumb hag with no honor won't ever pass up a chance to jump on your back when she has an ally to help her out. Then she will run like a cat and wait to respond to you in the wee hours of the night at the peak of her intoxication. Way, way too much Vicodin and Gin for her to be online so much.

smiley_drinkbeerbong.gif
~BH
What a fucking bullshit allegation.

the dumb hag

"Wow", So What now? I have known the yentA hag on the internet for close to a decade now

Really? Hannity was my first ever chat or message board, and I joined there in May 2004, not long after buying my first ever computer.

It would appear I'm not the one who needs to put down the narcotics and alcohol.

smiley_drinkbeerbong.gif
~BH
What a fucking bullshit allegation.

Oh ok, because you said it. ;) ~BH

"Wow", So What now? I have known the yentA hag on the internet for close to a decade now

Really? Hannity was my first ever chat or message board, and I joined there in May 2004, not long after buying my first ever computer.

Ok, so it was 4 or 5 years. I was there close to 10.

It would appear I'm not the one who needs to put down the narcotics and alcohol.

Don't put words into other peoples mouths at an attempt to slander them in other threads then. And yuh Struck out on that one sister. ~BH

And yet, although we are on different sides of most things, I have found Emma to be friendly and enjoyable to discuss things with. We've had our disagreements, but we are on friendly terms.

Immie

I have in the past as well, but for some reason she goes out of her way to start trouble with me. I have never went out of my way to attack her, not even once, unless she decided to attack first. You want blood, you got it. ~BH

Forum List

Back