Pelosi reelected

I gotta say I'm disappointed with the House Dems on this. First, that the vote was taken without the new members seated. Second, Pelosi has proven herself to be an ineffective leader in any real sense.

ineffective ?

Are you MAD?!?!

She has to be at least 40% of the reason people didn't vote (D)!!

That's very effective to me.

She is the perfect example of the law of unintended consquinces. She honestly thought calling Americans 'astroturphers' and saying whacked out crap like; "We have to pass the bill to learn what's in it." Was brilliant politicing. And lets not mention the hundreds of thousands it cost us to fly that harpy back and forth.

I gotta say I'm disappointed with the House Dems on this. First, that the vote was taken without the new members seated. Second, Pelosi has proven herself to be an ineffective leader in any real sense.

ineffective ?

Are you MAD?!?!

She is the perfect example of the law of unintended consquinces. She honestly thought calling Americans 'astroturphers' and saying whacked out crap like; "We have to pass the bill to learn what's in it." Was brilliant politicing. And lets not mention the hundreds of thousands it cost us to fly that harpy back and forth.

:lol:

I was referring to her ineffectiveness in the sense of leading her Party's caucus and obtaining their legislative goals, the actual position she was elected to, and well you know it.

Nice one though. ;)

Basic politics.
She was re-elected so they have someone to toss under the bus come 2012.
Seems prettry obvious to me at least.

Pelosi was a very effective leader, probably the most effective in history. She managed to ram, jam, fuck, suck and cajole more legislation through the House than any other Speaker.

I predicted somewhere that Dems would feel encouraged and see that the election was just a temporary setback. And here right on cue is Xavier Beccera, Dem conference vice chairman,:
I urge you to speak with the overwhelming of our membership who elected Nancy Pelosi to be our leader," said Rep. Xavier Becerra, a Los Angeles Democrat who will serve as the Democratic conference vice chairman. "She has led us to historic heights. And many of us believe that we are prepared to take this country to even greater heights."
Nancy Pelosi is House minority leader - Los Angeles Times

As Flounder said, "THis is just great!"

ineffective ?

Are you MAD?!?!

I was referring to her ineffectiveness in the sense of leading her Party's caucus and obtaining their legislative goals, the actual position she was elected to, and well you know it.

Nice one though. ;)

OOOHHHH

You were being "reas, reh, re,r,r reason-able". (think I pulled something)

Actually she did get a number of things passed, but as she did so, she showed just how far out there she is, and alienated the moderates and fueld the anger of the far right.

Pelosi was a very effective leader, probably the most effective in history. She managed to ram, jam, fuck, suck and cajole more legislation through the House than any other Speaker.

I predicted somewhere that Dems would feel encouraged and see that the election was just a temporary setback. And here right on cue is Xavier Beccera, Dem conference vice chairman,:
I urge you to speak with the overwhelming of our membership who elected Nancy Pelosi to be our leader," said Rep. Xavier Becerra, a Los Angeles Democrat who will serve as the Democratic conference vice chairman. "She has led us to historic heights. And many of us believe that we are prepared to take this country to even greater heights."

She got a bill through, but that alone doesn't make her effective. The abortion of a policy that is Obamacare is Example #1 of that. A piece of paper pushed through to say it was pushed through, but that contains very few of the stated policy goals going in because even with an overwhelming majority she couldn't get the votes together for the actual agenda items. And that's only one example of her failures. Reid had the same problem.

Why the Dems can defy her on votes but not kick her to the curb is beyond me. If she had that much on them, they'd fall in line.

ineffective ?

Are you MAD?!?!

Nice one though. ;)

OOOHHHH

Actually she did get a number of things passed, but as she did so, she showed just how far out there she is, and alienated the moderates and fueld the anger of the far right.

Getting things passed by offering someone elses money in exchange for votes is not rocket science.

Heck, give me unlimited funds and I can get many people to do for me what they otherwise would not do.

One problem for the Democrats after this election is that, many of the Democrats who were voted out of office were more moderate ones. The entire Democratic caucus is now, as a whole, more to the left. So, it's not surprising that their leader, from one of the most leftist districts around, remained in office.

It isn't anymore a problem to Democrats that they are more Liberal than it is to Republicans that they are more Teaparty.

It's good that she spoke out about the $75,000,000 smear campaign and that was only spent on keeping her from being elected. Democrats have been wanting Obama to speak up to Rs planning his demise but if he can't bring himself to come back at these idiots, he will have to face voters.

The Republicans can complain all they want, she is the minority leader and she'll be good at it.

Nice one though. ;)

OOOHHHH

Getting things passed by offering someone elses money in exchange for votes is not rocket science.

Heck, give me unlimited funds and I can get many people to do for me what they otherwise would not do.

Actually I think Reid far exceede Pelosi in the bribe department. Maybe not in total, but certainly by the average.

Who was that whore from LA that got pissed off when it became known that she whored her vote out for $100 million? She was so pissed that people thought she was an over priced whore that she took to the Floor and announce she was a $300million dollar whore.

I'm still in awe that she was not arrested right there.

ineffective ?

Are you MAD?!?!

Nice one though. ;)

OOOHHHH

Don't strain yourself there, TT. ;)

I would submit there hasn't been a truly effective Speaker from a policy perspective since O'Neill, and part of his effectiveness was the ability on both sides to work together with the Reagan White House. I also predict Boehner will be no better.

Now don't take that to mean I'm a Reagan fan or anything. :lol: But credit where credit is due.

For once you are correct. A strong speaker gets the job done, and agree with her or not, she got many things done.

One problem for the Democrats after this election is that, many of the Democrats who were voted out of office were more moderate ones. The entire Democratic caucus is now, as a whole, more to the left. So, it's not surprising that their leader, from one of the most leftist districts around, remained in office.

It isn't anymore a problem to Democrats that they are more Liberal than it is to Republicans that they are more Teaparty.

It's good that she spoke out about the $75,000,000 smear campaign and that was only spent on keeping her from being elected. Democrats have been wanting Obama to speak up to Rs planning his demise but if he can't bring himself to come back at these idiots, he will have to face voters.

The Republicans can complain all they want, she is the minority leader and she'll be good at it.

You really dont seem to get it Sarah.

Whereas I do not see the democratic party as idiots, the republican party wants me to think they are. Instead, I see them as ones that have an ideology and/or a vision different than mine.

Whereas you see the republican party as idiots, it is only because the deomcratic party has you believing so. You dont seem to be able to discerne between "difference of opinon" and "those that see otherwise are idiots"

Sadly, our politicians on both side of the aisle count on people like you.

All I ask is that people like you stop HEARING and instead start LISTENING.

There is a difference.

For once you are correct. A strong speaker gets the job done, and agree with her or not, she got many things done.

True...but there is question and debate over whether or not some of those things she got done were what the majority of Americans really wanted.

Last edited:
Is there are a bar to meet hot old women at, I would love to meet Pelosi with the conversation beginning with drinks.

How old is she anyhow, some sources say 85. I loved my grandma but she was too old to be in Congress.

True...but not many things that were supported by at least 50% of Americans.
Like what?

For an eighty year old she did get a lot done, at that age, do you believe she is the best woman for the job, of all the woman in the USA.

True...but not many things that were supported by at least 50% of Americans.
Like what?

Not interested in the debate about what polls are accurate and what polls are inaccurte...and that is exactly where your question will go.
So that being said I will edit my comment.

Last edited:
This is such great news.

What better way of showing all of America what a pure dysfunctional train wreck the Democrat Party is, than to keep that sputtering harpy out front as the face of the caucus?

I propose we create a new aide to Minority Leader Pelosi, in charge of feeding and training the flying monkeys, too.

They did. James Clyburn. Created for him his very own leadership position so he wouldn't opposed Princess Nancy for minority leader

Forum List

Back