Pelosi reelected

Something tells me they did not get the message that was sent on 11/02.

Immie
They did get tje message. THeir problem is lack of communication and lack of pushing their agenda even further. Now with Pelosi back in charge and all those weeny Blue Dogs gone they can really go for it.

Immie
They did get tje message. THeir problem is lack of communication and lack of pushing their agenda even further. Now with Pelosi back in charge and all those weeny Blue Dogs gone they can really go for it.

Must you always be so doggone gloomy?

Why don't you try looking for a brighter future as compared to these apocalyptic prophecies?

Trust me, it might actually help. :lol:

Immie

She won 150 to 43. Pelosi will be the Democratic minority leader.
Man, those dems sure are gluttons for punishment.

Funny thing is, those 43 that voted against her, for all intensive purposes, gave the senate to the republicans.....Seeing as though a few of 'em are going to be up for re-election, there is no way in hell they are going to be associated with Pelosi's loony ass in any way.

Way to go dems!.........Dumbasses.

She knew she had the votes befor she committed to it, If there are any moderates on any issue, she'll round them up.

Speaker Boehner.. Jeezus..

Boehner is a smart man and a class act. He gets it. Pelosi is just batshit crazy.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAhmYKlsWW4[/ame]

Immie

Why don't you try looking for a brighter future as compared to these apocalyptic prophecies?

Immie

That is the brighter side. The Dems are absolutely completely clueless as to what the election meant. So they will continue doing the same thing, hoping for a different outcome, guaranteeing them minority status for the next 10 years, s0n. What's gloomy about that??

Anyone know specifically what the wingnut plans for the next two years are?

They needed a little time to slap something together for the summit but have they indicated what they'll hit the ground running with in January?

I don't think they have anything.
You don't think, PERIOD!

:razz:

Immie

That is the brighter side. The Dems are absolutely completely clueless as to what the election meant. So they will continue doing the same thing, hoping for a different outcome, guaranteeing them minority status for the next 10 years, s0n. What's gloomy about that??

I suppose the "they can really go for it" was what seemed so gloomy to me. I had visions of "Cap and Trade" being forced down our throats all of a sudden or some other horrendous offering from the Democratic elite that they would have to pass before we could understand it.

Honestly, those six words sent shivers down my spine as visions of having HCR shoved up our butts went through my mind. :lol:

Immie

Immie

I suppose the "they can really go for it" was what seemed so gloomy to me. I had visions of "Cap and Trade" being forced down our throats all of a sudden or some other horrendous offering from the Democratic elite that they would have to pass before we could understand it.

Honestly, those six words sent shivers down my spine as visions of having HCR shoved up our butts went through my mind. :lol:

Immie

Won't happen. GOP controls the House, Senate evenly divided. They'll propose one piece of shit legislation after another to appease their base and get them shot down.
Should be fun to watch.

She won 150 to 43. Pelosi will be the Democratic minority leader.

votedemcopygi4.jpg

I think this is a unity moment. A bi-partisan moment of joy. A moment that should be written down in the history books and tought to our children for generations.

A moment in time when both conservative and liberals rejoiced as one person they both wanted to get re-elected to a leadership role was voted in by landslide.

The date was 11/17/10

Remember to celebrate each year.

I gotta say I'm disappointed with the House Dems on this. First, that the vote was taken without the new members seated. Second, Pelosi has proven herself to be an ineffective leader in any real sense.

Democrats are in denial, republicans were forced to change by the tea party. Republicans should rejoice as she is the face of failure. She took a generational majority and flushed it faster than anyone in History. Expect more of the same, if limosine liberal priorities are what we get, defeat is assured in 12.

I gotta say I'm disappointed with the House Dems on this. First, that the vote was taken without the new members seated. Second, Pelosi has proven herself to be an ineffective leader in any real sense.

Congress didn't do the voting. The Dem Caucus did. Are you sure that the Dem Caucus vote didn't include the 9 newly minted Democrat Congress-critters?

The new Congress is going to contain 194 Democratics, according to a still unofficial tally from the Clerk's Office in the U.S. House of Representin'. See, http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/112-members-elect.pdf. And the vote for the new minority party "leadership" was 150-43 ( see, Nancy Pelosi elected Democrats' minority leader ) which means (it looks like) only one Democrat Congress-critter of the 112th Congress failed to vote.

Last edited:
One problem for the Democrats after this election is that, many of the Democrats who were voted out of office were more moderate ones. The entire Democratic caucus is now, as a whole, more to the left. So, it's not surprising that their leader, from one of the most leftist districts around, remained in office.

Congress didn't do the voting. The Dem Caucus did. Are you sure that the Dem Caucus vote didn't include the 9 newly minted Democrat Congress-critters?

Under the procedural rules as I understand them, if they're not seated they are not members of the Caucus and as such cannot vote.

If you have proof that says otherwise, I'd be interested in seeing it. But I still think she's a bad choice for them. /shrug

The new Congress is going to contain 194 Democratics, according to a still unofficial tally from the Clerk's Office in the U.S. House of Representin'. See, http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/112-members-elect.pdf. And the vote for the new minority party "leadership" was 150-43 ( see, Nancy Pelosi elected Democrats' minority leader ) which means (it looks like) only one Democrat Congress-critter of the 112th Congress failed to vote.

To your edit: Entirely possible. Or more members may have chosen not to vote, particularly the exiting members. Got me.

You may be right....I may be crazy.....

Still a bad choice.

They needed a little time to slap something together for the summit but have they indicated what they'll hit the ground running with in January?

You'll get your talking points in due course. They're being published.

So you're thinking they'll do something other than say no, obstruct and play golf?

:doubt: Doubtful.

So you're thinking they'll do something other than say no, obstruct and play golf?

Saying "NO!" to President Obama and that cadre of his fellow-traveling liberal Democratics, meaning the Congress-scum, like Pelousy and Reid, and obstructing the HELL out of whatever is on their hideous agenda is EXACTLY why the liberal Democratics got booted the fuck OUT of Congress during the midterms!

Oh, and by the way, a belated THANK YOU to the American people!

:clap2::clap2:

Good job on Election Day!

If the new crop of Republican Congresspersons in the House want to play golf in their off hours, I couldn't care less.

Saying "NO!" to President Obama and that cadre of his fellow-traveling liberal Democratics, meaning the Congress-scum, like Pelousy and Reid, and obstructing the HELL out of whatever is on their hideous agenda is EXACTLY why the liberal Democratics got booted the fuck OUT of Congress during the midterms!

Oh, and by the way, a belated THANK YOU to the American people!

:clap2::clap2:

Good job on Election Day!

If the new crop of Republican Congresspersons in the House want to play golf in their off hours, I couldn't care less.
It wasn't the liberal democrats that got voted out...it was the blue dogs.

Forum List

Back