Pelosi Open to Prosecution of Bush Administration Officials

WOW....

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

Yes sir...WMD and missiles too.....in 1998....

Billy wasn't lying to us was he...????

You neatly left out the part where Bush told Congress that Saddam was shopping for yellowcake, developing a nuclear program, and building missiles that could hit their targets in 45 minutes, all of which was bullcrap.

Nice try!

Well, that's what people are saying these days.
He did have a little help from his democrat friends like Hillary Clinton though.

Floor Speech of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton on S.J. Res. 45, A Resolution to Authorize the Use of<br>United States Armed Forces Against Iraq
Snip,

and,

I don't understand the attitude that if Republicans wasted money trying to get Clinton then it's ok to waste money hunting Bush administration officials. If waste is wrong, isn't it always wrong?

Thus why I see little difference between the two major parties.

WOW again...

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

Iraq and NUCLEAR weapons.....that old mushroom cloud thing....way back in 1998....

Was it all lies ??? Explain it to us Tara....

Gee, nothing in there about how Bush lied to Congress about the extent of Saddam's progress on nukes and missiles.

So...we have facts, and you have juvenile namecalling.

Thank you for playing!

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

Hmmmm...1998....I wonder who the fooled poor Nancy in 98.....

she is saying the EXACT same thing as Bush repeated 2 years later....

Come on moron....explain it all to us....

What Clinton said, and what Bush said, were wildly different. Bush claimed a bunch of crap that was bogus. Clinton didn't.

Nice try!

WOW....

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

Yes sir...WMD and missiles too.....in 1998....

Billy wasn't lying to us was he...????

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

It's called "not actually investigating to find the truth." As you said, he repeated it 2 years later ... regardless of the fact that both countries were different and the possibility that it was wrong even then ... :eusa_whistle:

If that's the case, you wouldn't be against a trial for Bush then no?

He may of never committed prejury but I'm willing to bet if you got him on a stand that he'd be taking the 5th faster then Dick Cheney shot his friend in the face.

I wouldn't be against a trial for all Presidents leaving office if there is evidence they have committed crimes.

You neatly left out the part where Bush told Congress that Saddam was shopping for yellowcake, developing a nuclear program, and building missiles that could hit their targets in 45 minutes, all of which was bullcrap.

Nice try!

US removes Saddam’s yellowcake uranium — from first Gulf War

Yesterday, the Associated Press reported that the US has secretly moved the yellowcake uranium held under seal since the first Gulf War from Iraq to a Canadian port, as part of a multi-million-dollar sale. The Iraqis have long wanted it gone, and the removal keeps the radioactive material from terrorists

Well well...yellowcake in Iraq...??? but it didn't exist did it ???

addam’s yellowcake again

01:00 AM EDT on Sunday, July 13, 2008

The shipment this spring of 550 metric tons of yellowcake uranium from Iraq argues that the United States and its allies were right to be very worried about Saddam Hussein’s nuclear-weapons intentions.

Working in secret with the new Iraqi government for fear that terrorists might interfere with the operation, the United States spirited the material out of the country and sold it to a Canadian company that will use it to produce nuclear power, officials revealed early this month.

That’s a lot of uranium — enough, by some estimates, to build 100 nuclear weapons. Transporting it required 37 military flights.
Editorial: Saddam&#8217;s yellowcake again | Editorials | projo.com | The Providence Journal

It's called "not actually investigating to find the truth." As you said, he repeated it 2 years later ... regardless of the fact that both countries were different and the possibility that it was wrong even then ... :eusa_whistle:

So Clinton and the Dims lied and you have to blame Bush for investigating Clinton and Dims statements.....? Get a freekin' clue...

Not only did Bush believe it but the Dims kept on repeating it for the next few years ....over and over....

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

So Clinton and the Dims lied and you have to blame Bush for investigating Clinton and Dims statements.....? Get a freekin' clue...

Not only did Bush believe it but the Dims kept on repeating it for the next few years ....over and over....

I find this rather humorous ... what's the difference: Bush Jr. wasted a LOT of money on a war because of the false information (or using that false information to justify the waste) while the dems were just talking about it. As I have said, the dems don't lie, they are just naive but when they make mistakes at least they actually have the bet of intentions, reps know the truth but will ignore it for all the wrong reasons making them the actual liars.

What Clinton said, and what Bush said, were wildly different. Bush claimed a bunch of crap that was bogus. Clinton didn't.

Nice try!

The only one 'fooled' here seems to be YOU....YOU and your narrow mind that can't and won't accept the facts as put in front of your face....

History is history and your ignorance doesn't change it....

Gee, nothing in there about how Bush lied to Congress about the extent of Saddam's progress on nukes and missiles.

So...we have facts, and you have juvenile namecalling.

Thank you for playing!

go ahead prove them.

Nice use of the language there. Try and keep things civil. I make no excuses for Nancy. She also made a false statement. Only difference is she didn't lead them into war.

Nice use of the language there. Try and keep things civil. I make no excuses for Nancy. She also made a false statement. Only difference is she didn't lead them into war.

No, she just has continued to fund it.

Just a question, if Bin Laden was such a huge threat when Clinton was in office then why the fuck did Bush do nothing on August 23, 2001 when a memo stated: Bin Laden to attack U.S was given to Bush by Condi?

Furthermore, do you know that at one point soldiers had Bin Laden in their crosshairs but Clinton told them to stand down? Why? Because Clinton was smart and realized that killing one man was pointless because somebody would just quickly take his place along with the fact that it's more then one person running the show.

Al-Qaeda is most likely not as big as we think because ANYONE can claim to be Al-Qaeda and Osama doesn't mind.

Why? It gives the illusion that Al-Qaeda is a dangerous group that is everywhere at anytime.

But I cannot wait to see your answers.

I am not defending Bush. Just tired of the left deifying Clinton, which you seem more than willing to do.

Last edited:
WOW again...

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

Iraq and NUCLEAR weapons.....that old mushroom cloud thing....way back in 1998....

Was it all lies ??? Explain it to us Tara....
I agree, another lie. A lot of these lies were used to justify Clinton and his bombing campaign against Iraq which I also feel he should be tried for. It was also based on lies and misinformation. What Clinton and these other Democrats did or say doesn't excuse Bush and CO. for their lies, and they stated a whole lot more.

HAHAHAHA is there a little fear behind all this anger?

Its OK to spend time and money chasing a blow job but to prosicute real crime is too scary huh?

If we dont prosecute these assholes it will set a precident for admins to lie us into wars in the future. Go Pelosi
still waiting for you to post a FACT

Forum List

Back